Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Latest Horror Movies (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Rob Zombie's Halloween (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34611)

ferretchucker 04-10-2007 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mordrid (Post 585158)
Wow ferret, didn't realize the youth of today was that stupid. I am sorry.

It's dissapointing. It may be just because it's England but here, very few my age have heard of or seen many horror films or any films from the eighties or earlier. If it werent for my stumbling across childs play when I was really young I wouldn't be into horror and if it werent for my mum once having a conversation about halloween to her friend, I may no have even seen it. Because my love of that led me to comingsoon.net which then led me to XtRaVa who told me about hdc. I owe a lot to Halloween.

AmericanManiac 04-10-2007 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferretchucker (Post 585167)
I owe a lot to Halloween.

Very good holiday indeed :D

VampiricClown 04-10-2007 09:27 AM

I think the trailer looks good, but if this movie sucks, Rob Zombie will forever be boo'd off of stage by me and a lot of other Halloween fans though.

Shady 04-10-2007 09:38 AM

Quote:

I think the trailer looks good, but if this movie sucks, Rob Zombie will forever be boo'd off of stage by me and a lot of other Halloween fans though.
I can't necessarily say that because remaking Halloween is a big cup to fill. If Rob Zombie pulls this off he will go down in history in my books. He already surprised the hell outa me with House Of 1000 Corpses and Devil's Rejects. Even if the movie bombs I will still respect him and continue to see his productions.

adz_gamble 04-10-2007 11:49 AM

Not to sure!

It dosen't look too bad. I say it would look better if it wasn't a remake! It has that modern horror movie look about it.

Micheal seems to move to fast compared to the originals...makes him less menacing! :eek:

Good thing is that horror movies these days are far more gory!! :D :D :D

CAN'T WAIT!!:cool:

Rob Bottin 04-10-2007 12:33 PM

This one will rock.

Itīd be fun to see Rob Zombie do the remake of Friday the 13th.:cool:

VampiricClown 04-10-2007 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shady (Post 585256)
I can't necessarily say that because remaking Halloween is a big cup to fill. If Rob Zombie pulls this off he will go down in history in my books. He already surprised the hell outa me with House Of 1000 Corpses and Devil's Rejects. Even if the movie bombs I will still respect him and continue to see his productions.

Halloween is my all-time favorite movie. If he ruins it, I will be royally pissed off. I love Rejects and HO1C, but remaking a true classic is a bit much for anyone.

alkytrio666 04-10-2007 12:44 PM

Well I, for one, think it looks awful. Rediculous. Flat out dumb.

In the trailer...Michael uses a baseball bat. A fucking baseball bat...

...think about that...

ferretchucker 04-10-2007 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alkytrio666 (Post 585358)
Well I, for one, think it looks awful. Rediculous. Flat out dumb.

In the trailer...Michael uses a baseball bat. A fucking baseball bat...

...think about that...

Halloween is my favourite horror film and my 3rd favourite film of all time (No matter how silly it sounds, it's behind Jurrasic park and hocus pocus) and I for one, do NOT agree with Michael using a baseball bat. I didn't notice it before you pointed it out. How can he use a baseball bat?! And when he's a child he looks like a girl.

AmericanManiac 05-01-2007 05:21 AM

Rob Zombie Calls out to fans

Zombie's newest blog:
Rob Zombie is really gearing up for his film as it is slowly coming together. With its debut on August 31st growing closer every passing day he has began to rally the troops. Here is a comment he just left on his official Halloween blog.

"Attention Michael maniacs the time has come!

Here's what I'm thinking on August 31 everyone should show up at their local theatre dressed as Michael Myers. We can do this! We can make this happen!

Imagine the shocked look on everyone's faces when the lobby is jammed with Michael maniacs! Show the world that Michael is back and ready to destroy!

Who's with me?"

So grab those William Shatner masks and get ready to invade a theater near you. I remember back when I went to see H20 in theater there were people all over the parking lot with masks on. It was really something to see. Lets create that same atmosphere.

Edit: Could a Mod please move this to upcoming, please ? Thanks.