Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Latest Horror Movies (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Best Movie In a Series (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61273)

Jigsaw Killer 04-04-2013 11:12 PM

I just realized the new Evil Dead remake is out today. Should be interesting to see if it becomes anyone's new favorite of the series.

Dead Silence 05-04-2013 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jack88will (Post 946620)
Final Destination

Saw.

I love watching these films too..I watched all Saw series in one go afew weeks back..1 to 7..Then did the same with Final Destination films..they make more sence then lol

knife_fight 05-04-2013 06:32 AM

Friday The 13th - Part 7. I really like the first 3, but I've watched the 7th one a million times because it was filmed near my house and they invited the whole community to come up and watch them blow up a house.

Halloween - the first one, but I do have a soft spot for part 3.

A Nightmare On Elm Street - Part 3. I think the 1st one is a superior film, but part 3 is just so much fun.

Saw - only saw the 1st one.

Scream - only saw the first one

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre - the first one, but I love part 2 also.

Alien - Aliens. I love the first one, but again, this one is just so dang fun.

Predator - first one

Phantasm - the 2nd one. It was the first one I saw, so it has a nostalgic hold on me.

Evil Dead - Part 2.

Hellraiser - part 2

Child's Play - the first one

Final Destination - only saw the first one

Jigsaw Killer 05-06-2013 03:46 PM

I still haven't seen Halloween III, been meaning to. Seems like it's a good standalone Horror film.

Jigsaw Killer 05-08-2013 12:03 AM

Also forgot to mention if you liked the original Saw, Scream and Final Destination, then the sequels are definitely worth seeing.

Jigsaw Killer 05-16-2013 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jigsaw Killer (Post 928224)
Friday The 13th - Jason Lives

I think my new favorite is The Final Chapter. I always go back and forth on 4 and 6 as my favorite F13s, but lately I've leaned a little more towards 4.

Jigsaw Killer 05-19-2013 11:47 PM

I was thinking best segment of a Horror series in general would be a good addition, not just for anthologies. Shows like The Walking Dead, Bates Motel, Hannibal, etc.

metternich1815 06-12-2013 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jigsaw Killer (Post 949455)
I still haven't seen Halloween III, been meaning to. Seems like it's a good standalone Horror film.

If you still haven't seen it (I wasn't sure if you hadn't seen it from May 6th to now) I would recommend it. I didn't like that it was sort of a cheat, but if you just forget that Halloween III is in the front, then it is really good. If I was judging it by quality, it would probably be my third or fourth favorite in the series (but since it does not have Myers, then I rate it as my least favorite). I just want to note that I know most people don't like movies 4+, but I actually really liked all those movies. Of course, Halloween (1978) will always be my favorite, but still.

Jigsaw Killer 06-13-2013 09:02 PM

I haven't seen it yet but will make it a point to by October :)

Jigsaw Killer 06-21-2013 11:45 PM

Hatchet III is out now, so Hatchet is now a series that's eligible to be included here. I saw the first two and thought 2 was better than the first.