Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Vintage Horror Movies (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Classic Horror Flims That should/shouldn't be remade. (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11607)

horror_master 11-14-2004 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by AcidOsmosis
Ive heard that Pet Sematary is in plans for a remake and that George Clooney may appear as one of the cast members.
I heard about that also. I own the oringal one, it's pretty good, I hope the remake if they do it, dosen't kill the story line that much.

urgeok 11-14-2004 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ShankS
no more fuckin remakes...
Hey .. I just watched the remake of Dawn today ..

Before i saw it .. and if i had just heard that it was being made i would have shit all over it ... but it was a great movie ..

Someone out there might be making these movies because they love them .. not just for the $$$.

What the hell, we'll just have to sit back and wait ..

KRUGERKID13 11-14-2004 04:15 PM

REMAKES SHOULD NEVER BE MADE (caps too show emphasis not stupidity)

jedicow 11-14-2004 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by taylorsmommy
I haven't seen The Grudge yet, but I hear that it's a decent horror film. But, I agree - there hasn't been too much since the 80s.
but...isnt the grudge a remake of a japanese film?

anyway...i dont mind remakes much as long as they are good. DotD was excellent, IMO.

i think a good remake of friday the 13th would do well.

chaplain 11-14-2004 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by KRUGERKID13
(caps too show emphasis not stupidity)

LMFAO!!!!!
The things you could teach HPW!

horror_spooky 11-14-2004 05:17 PM

i think Friday the 13th, the entire Evil Dead series, and Day of the Dead should be remaked. Those were damn good movies.

chaplain 11-14-2004 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by horror_spooky
i think Friday the 13th, the entire Evil Dead series, and Day of the Dead should be remaked. Those were damn good movies.

You are fucking stupid.

massacre man 11-14-2004 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by horror_spooky
haha remaked

filmmaker2 11-15-2004 07:22 PM

Films that shouldn't oughta never been remaked.

Hmmmmmmmm.

I agree with someone else who had a rather interesting take on the remake thing. Some filmmaker, I ferget who it was. But he said something like, "Good films don't NEED to be remade. Remake BAD films, and make them into GOOD films. Then you've done the world a service."

Take a look at William Castle's HOUSE ON HAUNTED HILL and 13 GHOSTS. Both essentially pointless, but good movies. They get remade in the digital age. What do we get? Something that tastes suspiciously like wallpaper paste. These same (and arguably VERY TALENTED!) geeks tackle some original material, and SURPRISE! We get GHOST SHIP, an excellent piece of modern exploitation horror. Accident? I think not.

Then take a look at those silly early GAMERA movies from Japan. Not without a certain endearing cheese appeal (and made by some talented people!), but not classics. They get remade in the digital age, and become polished, decent semi-classics. Well, except for the second one, something bad happened with that one. But the first and the third films of the new Gamera series were pretty effing cool.

These are just ramblings of mine, and as always, they are not intended to make any sense. But really, there seems to be some kind of lesson here: Remake a good film, and you will make garbage, as likely as not. Remake a bad film, and greatness is created.

ThenThereWasOne 11-16-2004 05:45 PM

'Last House on the Left' always gets my vote for a re-make. I'd still get David Hess in as Krug though.
CK