Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Compilations and Pastimes (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Godzilla 1954-2014 (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13204)

EXTR3MIST 01-30-2005 10:43 AM

Quote:

Just look at Quasimodo he didnt have good posture and he delopted a hunched back. Now back to the thread on Godzilla --
Hold it!

Did you know Quasimodo had to iron his shirts in a wok?

Gojira 01-30-2005 06:59 PM

Extr3mist I never that that but I did hear that Quasimodo use to take a bath in a wok which may explain why he has a hunched back.

EXTR3MIST 02-01-2005 01:33 PM

Ha ha!

That's even funnier...

Gojira 02-01-2005 05:25 PM

Well I just posted a few pics of my Godzilla movie poster collection. I am really proud of the 1964 original Ghidora the 3 HeadedMonster Jap poster i just bought a few months ago and the 2 Godzilla Final Wars 50th Anniversary movie posters.

Gojira 02-02-2005 08:40 AM

It has come to my attention that some here were wondering how certain Japanese monsters got their names. Thats a good question something I use to wonder myself. Here is what I know about the monsters names. Godzilla got his names from a guy who worked at Toho studios he was named after an employee. The employees name was a Mr. Gojira Gojira traslated to english is Godzilla. The 1st monster Godzilla fought in Godzilla Raids Again 1955 was a monster named Angilas the Japanese spelling is Angirasu. Angirasu/Angilas was named after the Dinosaur Ankylosaur. Angilas was a giant Ankylosaurus. The monster Varan whos name in Japanese is Baran is a giant Komodo Dragon seen that the name Varan comes from the latin word Varanus meaning monitor Lizard or komodo Dragon.
The name Mothra is Mosura in Japanese and Mothra is just a giant Moth of course that in the movies has a few powers. Rodan is Radon in Japanese and like Angilas Rodan is a prehistoric Dinosaur a giant Pteranodon. KingGhidora is spelled KinguGidora in Japanese the monster is a giant 3 headed flying Dragon that emits gravity beams from its 3 mouths. The giant Robot Mogera is a Robot that can burrow underground like a mole hence the name Mogera.

The name Ebera is spelled Eibra in english Eibra is a giant lobster and the name Minira in english is Minya the name of Godzillas adpoted son in Son of Godzilla. In japanese the name is pronounced Mee-Nee-Ra in english its Mean-Ya The name Kumonga is translated to Speiga in english Kumonga is a giant spider and the name Kamakirasu is translated to Giamantis Gimantis is of course a giant praying mantis. The grey dinosaur named Gorosarusu or in english Gorosarus is a giant Allosaurus. the monster Baragon was named Baragon because Toho just thought the name sounded cool.

The name Hedora means pollution in Japanese so no doubt Hedora is the Smogmonster in Godzilla vs. the Smogmonster 1971. Then there is Gaigan translated in english i Gigan he is a giant Cyborg from space and then Megaro in english is Megalon who is a giant beele or Roach cyborg from earth. Then there is JetJaguar a robot that can grow to the size of other giant monsters Jet Jaguar in Japanese is JetoJagua. Then there is KingU Sesa in english is KingSeesar who is a giant Dog deity and Titanosarusu another fictional Dinosaur in english the name is Titanosarus. Manda is a giant sea serpent and Maga a giant Walrus. Then MekaGojira is spelled MechaGodzilla in english MechaGodzilla is a giant robot built in Godzillas image.

Thats enough for the Japanese monsters name Game for now i will continue with part 2 another day. I will start with monsters from the 1980s to present.

Gojira 02-02-2005 04:21 PM

This is part 2 of the name game when it comes to naming the Toho monsters. In 1984 and in 1989 Toho made a couple of Godzilla movies the 1989 movie the 84 sequel introduced fans to a new monster named Biorante translated in english its Biollante and Biollante was a giant plant a rose in fact and in 1991 there was a new type of robot called MekaGidora or in english MechaGhidora a giant robot made in the image of KingGhidora.

Also in 1991 there was Gojirasarusu or in english Godzillasarus it was Godzilla before he was mutated by the H-Bomb. In 1992 a new monster named Batora was introduced Batora was Mothra evil twin Batora in english is Battra. In 1993 there was a new version of Godzillas son named BabeGojira in english BabyGodzilla. And there was a new version of Rodan called FuaiyaRadon or FireRodan in english was introduced again 1993. Rodan is again a giant prehistoric Pteronodon. In 1994 there was SupesuGojira in english SpaceGodzilla and LittleGodzilla this was BabyGodzilla just a little bit taller. Also in 1994 there was G-ForceMogera an updated version of Mogera.

In 1995 there was Desutoroia translated in english as Destroyah or Destroyer. Again little Godzilla had grown to be Gojira Jr or Godzilla Jr in 1995. The monster Destroyer was a crab like sea creature almost microscopic that had been feeding on the remains of the Oxygen bomb that had killed Godzilla in 1954. This mutated many of these small crablike creatures and caused them to grow and unite as 1 very big monster named Destroyer because it had the same power of the Oxyge destroyer bomb.
In 1999 a new monster was named Oruga in english its spelled Orga. Orga is a bodyless Alien that absorbed Godzillas DNA. Godzillas DNA is called Orginizer G1 cells after the Alien robbed Godzillas cells it was named Orga after Godzillas cells or DNA. After it took the cells the Alien took on this ugly form. In 2000 another classic 1950s monster was revamped and it was Megaguron a prehistoric insect Rodan ate in the 1956 classic Rodan in the 2000 the Megagurons grew to adulthood and became Megagirus a prehistoric flying Dragonfly. MechaGodzilla was revamped in 1993 and in 2002 and 2003 Mothra was revamped in 1992 1996 as RainbowMothra in 1997 as AquaMothra in 1998 as ArmoredMothra and in Godzilla Final Wars FireMothra. Gigan was also revamped in Godzilla Final Wars along with Rodan Hedora Kumonga Kamkiras Minya Manda KingSeesar. There was a new monster in 2004 named MonsterX who later trasforms into KaiserGhidora.
I think you now have a good idea of how it is Toho names their monsters and why. I left out a few names the entire list of all the monsters is pretty long. I am sure you can guess without knowing Japanese which name this monster belongs to
KinguKongu well in english its KingKong but somehow I think you knew that.

Gojira 02-06-2005 04:10 PM

GODZILLA MOVIE POSTERS
I was just looking at my Godzilla movie poster collection and I noticed something in the last 13 Godzilla movie posters that are not in the 1st 15 Godzilla movie posters. From the very 1st poster in 1954 to 1975 those first 15 posters all have Godzilla emitting his atomic ray from his mouth. The last 13 Godzilla movie posters from 1984- 2004 dont have Godzilla shotting his ray from his mouth. I take that back there is 1 poster in 1991 Godzilla vs. KingGhidora which has Godzilla emitting his ray.

Style A vs. Style B Posters
earlier this year one of my friends came over and was looking at my poster collection and asked me why in some of the posters you could see on the border of the posters music notes written on them. I looked and I had seen the music notes myself on the posters and I saw not all of the Japanese posters had them.
I looked in a couple of my Japanese poster reffrence books and saw all the posters and I saw that the Style A posters had the music notes on them and Style B posters did not. I also noticed the release posters had the notes. I have been asked that same question a couple of other times and now I can explain why that is.

Another intersting fact about Style A vs. style B posters is that Style A are called Advance posters this means they might print for example 500 posters while Style B posters known as Theatre posters or photo posters might have a run of 1000 posters. What this means to a collector and is for a fact is that because there are less Style A posters they will be worth more because they will beharder to locate. The style B posters or theatre posters will be easier to find and a bit less expensive maybe 50 dollars less or maybe 100 dollars less this depends on the poster. As a collector its hard to choose which poster to get Style B may look better while Style A does not but keep in mind Style A is worth more. Like I said sometimes its hard to choose.

knife_fight 02-06-2005 04:24 PM

do you like that Blue Oyster Cult song? are there any other songs about Godzilla?

ClassicHorror 02-06-2005 05:29 PM

I love that song! Blue Osyter Cult are awesome!

Gojira 02-06-2005 07:51 PM

Knife_fight most of the Godzilla songs and music were written and composed by Akira Ifukube. Other song/music writters were Takeyuki Hattori who wrote the music for Godzilla vs. SpaceGodzilla in 1994 and Reijiro Koroku wrote the music for Godzilla 1984/1985 and in 1989 Koichi Sugiyama wrote the music for Godzilla vs. Biollante. The music for Godzilla Mothra KingGhidora GMK for short in 2001 was written by Kow Otani and the music for Godzilla x MechaGodzilla in 2002 and its sequel Godzilla x Mothra x MechaGodzilla SOS in 2003 was written by Michiru Oshima. And Last years Godzilla Final Wars 2004 movie there was music by SUM41 a song titled We're All To Blame.

filmmaker2 02-07-2005 07:14 AM

"Biollante" sounds like a seafood pasta dish.

Looks like one, too!.....

I looked for a DVD of "Monster Zero" on Ebay, and you know people were selling those things for fifty dollars...FIFTY DOLLARS! I wish that Simitar company would re-emerge and put those cool widescreen discs out again......

Gojira 02-07-2005 11:16 AM

I think Biollante looks like what it is supose to be nothing more than a giant monster Rose. But Biollante in its 2nd form looks more like a giant monster man eating plant. Pasta dish? If your loking for a DVD of MonsterZero why not get one from Video Daikaiju uncut in original form not like the USA cut and dubbed versions. [email protected] e-mail them ask for a catalog they charge less than $50 alot less more like $20. But why buy an old 60s Godzilla movie why not one of the last 6 movies something recent.

filmmaker2 02-07-2005 01:12 PM

Thanks, I'll check them out...I have always wanted to see an uncut Japanese version of "Monster Zero"...

I was lucky enough to see the American version projected a few months ago, and it was like a dream come true. Always been one of my favorites!

knife_fight 02-07-2005 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Gojira
Knife_fight most of the Godzilla songs and music were written and composed by Akira Ifukube. Other song/music writters were Takeyuki Hattori who wrote the music for Godzilla vs. SpaceGodzilla in 1994 and Reijiro Koroku wrote the music for Godzilla 1984/1985 and in 1989 Koichi Sugiyama wrote the music for Godzilla vs. Biollante. The music for Godzilla Mothra KingGhidora GMK for short in 2001 was written by Kow Otani and the music for Godzilla x MechaGodzilla in 2002 and its sequel Godzilla x Mothra x MechaGodzilla SOS in 2003 was written by Michiru Oshima. And Last years Godzilla Final Wars 2004 movie there was music by SUM41 a song titled We're All To Blame.
that's quite a bit of info that doesn't answer my question. What I was asking is if you like Blue Oyster Cult's song "Godzilla" or not. I assumed you'd be the BOC's biggest fan since they have that song.
And I wasn't really asking about the music that is actually in the Godzilla movies, I meant songs about Godzilla, similar to the BOC song.

filmmaker2 02-07-2005 04:24 PM

I'm personally not a big big BIG fan of the BOC song, but it is part of the whole Godzilla "world," so it exists happily within my perspective, if you know what I mean. I do recall a long long time ago (mid-80's?) I think Channel 5 in Los Angeles had one of their Godzilla marathons, and they used that song for the commercial break intros. That was a good time, back when they used to have all-day Godzilla marathons on TV. Day after Thanksgiving was when I think they used to do it.

Also, back when the song was new, 500 promotional copies were sent to Famous Monsters magazine, and they cleverly designed a questionnaire contest (read: "market research poll"), offering a free copy of the single to the first 500 to send in the form.

Gojira 02-07-2005 06:26 PM

I dont think theres is a Godzilla fan in the world who doesnt like BOC Godzilla song. There is a song that is sung at the end of the original 1984 Godzilla movie mind you not the 1985 USA version but the uncut 84 version. You hear a woman singing this awesome song about Godzilla. IMO it rivals the BOC Godzilla song.

Filmmaker2 If you have seen the 1965 movie Godzilla vs. Monster here is a bit of trivia on the movie the scene when Fuji and Glenn are walking around Planet X in the Halls then go into a room and see a Ms. Namikawa lookalike on planet x then another look alike. It was actress Kumi Mizuno who played the part and then you saw her on Planet X the other look alike was her twin actress Mie Hama.

filmmaker2 02-07-2005 07:00 PM

I'm assuming Mie Hama played the "twin" in the over-the shoulder shots (from behind)? Because when you see the two twins from the front, they both look like they're played by Kumi Mizuno, in a split screen image.......does that sound about right?

I like that song in the uncut Godzilla 1984; that's a neat song.

Gojira 02-07-2005 09:13 PM

Hi filmmaker2 when you see Kumi on Planet X holding a Box and another girl who looks just like her holding a diffrent box that was not split screen. Toho just asked Kumi Mizunos twin sister Mie Hama to play the other girl on planet X. Many people didnt even know Kumi and Mie were twin sisters at the time. Anyway thats how Toho pulled off that effect. Mie was not credited in the movie but Kumi was. If you really want to know about Kumi in MonsterZero it was rumored that Kumi and American actor Nick Adams were romanticly invloved. Kumi denys it but others say diffrent. The last movie I saw Kumi Mizuno in was Godzilla x MechaGodzilla she played the PrimeMinister of Japan. That movie came out in 2002.

filmmaker2 02-08-2005 10:08 AM

Really? I had no idea, never heard anything about this! I did not know that Kumi Mizuno and Mie Hama were twin sisters...or that they were even sisters in the first place...

There's only one thing to do: Get out the old copy of MONSTER ZERO and check this scene out!

Gojira 02-08-2005 03:09 PM

Filmmaker2 some of these Toho actresses back in the 60s werent so bad looking a couple of them were in theJames Bond 007 movie You only live twice in 1967. Actress Mie Hama was in KingKong Escapes 1967 as Madam Piranah. Hama played the part of Kissy Suzuki Bonds love interst in You only live twice. Mie Hama was also in Playboy in June 1967 issue. Hama was seen mostly nude in the 1968 movie Night of the Seagull. she was also considerd the Bridget Bardot of Japan. The other famous Toho actress who was in You only live Twice was Akiko Wakabayashi she played the part of Priness Salno in Ghidora the 3 HeadedMonster 1964 and she was Aki the spy who helps Bond in You Only live Twice. I think all 3 actresses Kumi Mizuno Mie Hama and Akiko wakabayasi were in the movie The Lost World of Sinbad 1963. Intersting how the worlds 2 longest running movie series Godzilla and James Bond are linked by the actresses who worked in both movie series.

filmmaker2 02-08-2005 09:07 PM

Oh, I think they were all quite lovely, all those 60's Godzilla girls.

Now starts the formless ramble. When I was growing up, you know, the older Godzilla films (pre-1970 and thereabouts) were the only ones yet made, so I grew up with those, and have a special place in my heart for all of them. They would run on TV fairly often. All the neighborhood kids loved that stuff.

Someone called me a while back and said that a bunch of Godzilla films were playing down at a local theatre. I wasn't able to see them all. But I did see two, "Monster Zero" and "Godzilla vs. the Sea Monster." It was absolutely unreal. I never thought I would have the chance to see these two projected, as they are definitely old favorites.

I have a laserdisc of "Kingu Kong tai Gojira" which is un-flipping-believable, it's a Toho release and not subtitled, so I have no idea what they're all saying and have to guess, but that movie is a solid production, very lavish, and the sound is in surround stereo. When Godzilla appears and roars, it nearly blows the speakers out.

Gojira 02-08-2005 09:37 PM

Hi Filmmaker2 I also grew up watching the older Godzilla movies in theatres on up through the 70s and ending with Terror of MechaGodzilla in 1975. Then there was a 10 year gap before we in america had the chance to see another G movie in 1985 Godzilla the Legend Reborn was the title. Many fans at first thought it might be a sequel to Terror of MechaGodzilla but as you saw the movie it was infact a sequel to the original 1954 movie. I was 24 by this time. And few years passed and in 1989 a sequel to the 84/85 movie was made Godzilla vs. Biollante then the 91-92-93-94-95 movies were all made none came to the USA. but once fans learned of the movies they saw them. This new set of 7 Godzilla movies was AWESOME. They made the old 60s & 70s Godzilla movies look like shit. The updated monsters were Godzilla Rodan Ghidora Mothra and a new version of Godzillas son. and Mogera. The new monsters were Biollante Godzillasarus Battra and Destroyer even the Mothra Farries were updated. I find it intersting to see young kids who grew up on the Heisei series movies 84-95 now getting to see a 3rd Godzilla series the Shinsei series movies 1999-2004. I am lucky enough to have seen all 3 Godzilla movie series growing up. I am in my mid 40s now and there are only a few of the old Showa godzilla movies imo that are still good today. 1954-1975=Showa

My fave Showa movie is the 1954 Godzilla movie and 1968 Destroy all Monsters. My fave Hesiei movie is Godzilla vs. Destroyer 1995 and then Godzilla vs. MechaGodzilla 1993 remake
Of the 3rd series the Shinsei series my faves are Godzilla Mothra KingGhidora 2001 movie and Godzillax Mechagodzilla 2002 movie. Now i am going to go see if I can locate an old 1967 july issue of Playboy that has Mie Hama in it.

filmmaker2 02-09-2005 10:51 AM

So, Astronaut Glenn.....in that shot in Monster Zero....which girl is Mie Hama? The one on the left or the one on the right? They look like the same girl to me.....

You have a very inquisitive mind, Astronaut Glenn...I will give that fact to the memory bank of our computer...

Gojira 02-09-2005 11:30 AM

LOL well Filmmaker2 seen that both Kumi and Mie are twins and look alike its hard to tell which is which when you see them both on Planet X after all they are twins. As you have probley guessed I have seen MonsterZero in its original Japanese version dubbed in Japanese. One fact about the movie is that director Ishiro Honda never wanted Godzilla to jump up and down on Planet X he thought it was unGodzillalike Producer Tanaka had Godzilla jump anyway. He thought it might be fun. Btw Filmmaker2 you have a very inquesitive Mind I will put that in my computer

Gojira 02-13-2005 06:27 AM

THE MEN WHO WORE THE GODZILLA SUIT

Here is a list of all the suitactors who were asked to wear the Godzilla suit in all 28 Godzilla movies. Many were asked but very few could do the job. Here is a list of those actors who were in the suit.

1Harou Nakajima
Godzilla 1954
Godzilla Raids Again 1955
kingkong vs. Godzilla 1962
Mothra vs. Godzilla 1964
Ghidora the 3 HeadedMonster 1964
Godzilla vs. MonsterZero 1965
Godzilla vs. Ebira 1966
Son of Godzilla 1967
Destroy All Monsters 1968
Godzillas Revenge 1969
Godzilla vs. Hedora 1971
Godzilla vs. Gigan 1972

2 Shinji Takagi
Godzilla vs. Megalon 1973

3 Isao Zushi
Godzilla vs. MechaGodzilla 1974

4 Tohru Kawai
Terror of MechaGodzilla 1975

5 Ken Satsuma
Godzilla Returns 1984
Godzilla vs. Biollante 1989
Godzilla vs. KingGhidora 1991
Godzilla vs. Mothra 1992
Godzilla vs. MechaGodzilla 1993
Godzilla vs. SpaceGodzilla 1994
Godzilla vs. Destroyer 1995

6 Tsutomu Kitigawa
Godzilla2000Millennium 1999
Godzilla x Megagirus 2000
Godzilla Mothra KingGhidora 2001
Godzilla x MechaGodzilla 2002
Godzilla x Mothra x MechaGodzilla 2003
Godzilla Final Wars 2004

SuitActor Harou Nakajima once said when they were filming Godzilla back in 1954 they had to stop the camera every 5 minutes because the suit was so hot inside. Nakajima said he was sweating buckets The suit is over 100 degrees inside and it weighs 200 lbs

Todays suit is a bit more updated but there are still problems the suit today can be opperated from the inside like a machine. The suitactor can make the expressions on the face change and the suit is waterproof. The suit itself is a high tech gadget and not just a suit. but it is still hot and heavy. And actor still have to be in their underwear when inside.

Gojira 02-13-2005 11:58 PM

THE GODZILLA MOVIE DIRECTORS

Here is a list of Japanese movie directors that have directed 28 Godzilla movies in the last 50 years.
1 Ishiro Honda
Ishiro Honda Directed 8 movies
Godzilla 1954
Kingkong vs. Godzilla1962
Mothra vs. Godzilla 1964
Ghidora the 3 HeadedMonster 1964
Godzilla vs. MonsterZero 1965
Destroy All Monsters 1968
Godzillas Revenge 1969

2 Motoyoshi Oda
Motoyoshi Oda Directed 1 movie
Godzilla Raids Again 1955

3 Jun Fukuda
Jun Fukuda Directed 5 movies
Godzilla vs. Ebira 1966
Son of Godzilla 1967
Godzilla vs. Gigan 1972

4Yoshimitsu Banno
Yoshimitsu Banno Directed 1 movie
Godzilla vs. Hedora 1971

5 Koji Hashimoto
Koji Hashimoto Directed 1 movie
Godzilla Returns 1984

6 Kazuki Omori
Kazuki Omori Directed 2 movies

7 Takao Okawara
Takao Okawara Directed 4 movies
Godzilla vs. Mothra 1992
Godzilla vs. MechaGodzilla 1993
Godzilla 2000Millennium 1999

8 Kensho Yamashita
Kensho Yamasjita Directed 1 movie

9 Masaaki Tezuka
Masaaki Tezuka Directed 3 movies
Godzilla x Mothra x MechaGodzilla SOS 2003

10 Shusuke Kaneko
Shusuke Kaneko Directed 1 movie

11 Ryuhei Kitamura
Ryuhei Kitamura Directed
Godzilla Final Wars 2004

Gojira 03-19-2005 10:54 AM

Animal Channel Godzilla Special

Greetings everyone I just heard that Animal Channel may be airing a Godzilla Special sometime in june. I figure it will be about fans being interviewed and talking about Godzilla. In anycase it should be intersting to watch. In the meantime I will be watching DRAGONS on Animal Planet tomorror the 20th of march.

bloody_ribcut 03-19-2005 08:50 PM

one of my favorite

Gojira 03-20-2005 05:54 AM

Hi bloody_ribcut I hate to tell you this but many diehard Godzilla fans think Godzilla vs. Megalon 1973 and Godzillas Revenge 1969 are the worst Godzilla movies ever made. Maybe you should try and watch Godzilla movies that were made after 1975 like Godzilla vs. Destroyer 1995 or the remake of Godzilla vs. MechaGodzilla in 1993 or Godzilla vs. KingGhidora 1991 or Godzilla x MechaGodzilla 2002 or Godzilla x Mothra x MechaGodzilla SOS 2003. There are many many other really Good Godzilla movies out there.

Gojira 03-20-2005 06:01 AM

Good news Godzilla fans there will be a Giant Monster Festival at the Egyptian Theatre in Hollywood june 24th-29th. Classic movies like Matango a.k.a. Attack of the Mushroom People and KingKong Escapes will be showing and the new ULTRAMAN movie and GODZILLA FINAL WARS last years Godzilla movie.

bloody_ribcut 03-20-2005 05:51 PM

really, i guess i zig when you all zag. i just like that one, and i say it's good.

Gojira 03-20-2005 11:59 PM

Bloody_Ribcut thats ok if you like Godzilla vs. Megalon but have you seen the other Godzilla movies that have been made after Godzilla vs. Megalon? If not I suggest you give them a try you might find out they are better. Here is a list of Godzilla movies made after Godzilla vs. Megalon 1973.
New Series
Godzilla Returns 1984 a.k.a. Godzilla 1985 in the USA
Godzilla vs. Mothra 1992 remake
Godzilla vs. MechaGodzilla 1993 remake
Latest Movies
Godzilla 2000 1999
Godzilla x Mothra x MechaGodzilla SOS 2003
Godzilla Final Wars 2004 not yet on VHS or DVD
You will note Tristars 1998 so called Godzilla movie is not listed thats because it is not a movie about Godzilla. Anyway give some of these later Godzilla movies a try and let me know what you think.

ClassicHorror 03-21-2005 03:50 AM

I like Godzilla Vs. Megalon.

Gojira 03-21-2005 09:25 AM

Well Classic you may like Godzilla vs. Megalon but I bet you would love the Heisei Godzilla movies better and the Shinsei Godzilla movies. Heisei movieswere made from 1984-1995 and Shinsei movies were made from 1999-2004.

ClassicHorror 03-22-2005 03:21 AM

Yes I would, but that doesn't make a difference, I still like it.

Gojira 03-22-2005 06:32 AM

Well Classic there is a big diffrence between liking a movie and loving a movie. I am one of the biggest Godzilla fans around and I think the 70s Godzilla movies are pretty lame imo. The Godzilla movies that were made between 1984-1995 are pretty awesome seen Godzilla is twice his original hight and twice as powerful in those movies. Then you have this 3rd Godzilla series where Godzilla is 3 diffrent hights in the movies in 4 movies he is 55 meters tall in another movie he is 60 meters tall and in a 6th movie he is 100 meters tall. It is a shame that the Godzilla movies made from 1989-1995 were not seen in the USA otherwise I think movie goers would not think Godzilla movies stopped in 1985. At least the 1st Godzilla movie of the Millennium/Shinsei series Godzilla2000 was seen here in the USA and Godzilla Final Wars had its world premier in the USA in 2004 but no national release. I also find it amazing that to this day some movie goers think that Tristars 1998 so called Godzilla movie was a Godzilla movie. Godzilla is a mutated Dinosaur that has an atomic ray the Tristar 98 monster was not a Dinosaur it was a mutated Igunana that just invaded NYC and was killed by missles. Tristar leased the name Godzilla from Toho studios to title their movie. This fooled the public into thinking they were going to see a Godzilla movie. IMO this movie was like the Beast from 20.000 Fathoms in 1953 or the Giant Gilamonster 1959. I think fans should go see Godzilla Final Wars last years Godzilla movie. In it you see Tristars 1998 so called Godzilla fight Godzilla Godzilla kills the Tristar monster in a minute.

AUSTIN316426808 03-22-2005 07:04 AM

Do you have any idea of how incredibly weird it is to know as much as you do about one thing. I'm a ridiculously big Clint Eastwood fan, I know his birthday,where he was born,all the movies he worked on,I've got all his movies ect. ect. you know the normal obsessed fan stuff, but you are on a whole other level with Godzilla LOL.

Gojira 03-22-2005 09:06 AM

LOL hi Austin if you think I am bad try going to a Godzilla convention there you will meet 1500 people just like me a few even know more than me. I can relate on the Eastwood thing my dad was a big Clint Eastwood fan he took us to go see all of Clints movies and he was big James Bond 007 fan. It was a fair tradeoff I went to see his movies and he would take me to see horror movies.

filmmaker2 03-22-2005 07:14 PM

(A "squid" is a rampant fan of something--someone who knows way more about a special topic than the avereage person is likely to. Quite often, squids love science fiction, horror, and fantasy entertainment.)

I think it's great that there's so much neat stuff for people to get into and learn about...for every genre there's subgenres and subgenres beyond those...and a squid or two for every one of these categories who knows the facts inside and out.

You know, before all these people were able to network and pool resources like they can now, lots of folks had memories of movies they couldn't identify and never would identify...you know, things they saw as a kid that really made an impression on them, but because they didn't know the title the films simply became vague and haunting memories.

Now, everyone knows so much, and everyone is communicating so much, that it's genuinely difficult to ask "What movie did I see when I was five??" without SOMEONE knowing what it was, or being able to figure out what it was with a little bit of research.

Like someone was talking about Gerry Anderson shows a while back, and noted that the puppet heads for the characters became more and more proportionately correct as time went on.

"Yeah, there's a reason why that was, too," I said, and then launched into explaining why. I happily realized that I, too, was a squid, just like all the other squids.

SQUID OUT! SQUIDS OF THE WORLD, UNTIE!

AUSTIN316426808 03-22-2005 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by filmmaker2
(A "squid" is a rampant fan of something--someone who knows way more about a special topic than the avereage person is likely to. Quite often, squids love science fiction, horror, and fantasy entertainment.)

I think it's great that there's so much neat stuff for people to get into and learn about...for every genre there's subgenres and subgenres beyond those...and a squid or two for every one of these categories who knows the facts inside and out.

You know, before all these people were able to network and pool resources like they can now, lots of folks had memories of movies they couldn't identify and never would identify...you know, things they saw as a kid that really made an impression on them, but because they didn't know the title the films simply became vague and haunting memories.

Now, everyone knows so much, and everyone is communicating so much, that it's genuinely difficult to ask "What movie did I see when I was five??" without SOMEONE knowing what it was, or being able to figure out what it was with a little bit of research.

Like someone was talking about Gerry Anderson shows a while back, and noted that the puppet heads for the characters became more and more proportionately correct as time went on.

"Yeah, there's a reason why that was, too," I said, and then launched into explaining why. I happily realized that I, too, was a squid, just like all the other squids.

SQUID OUT! SQUIDS OF THE WORLD, UNTIE!

they couldn't come up with something better? they had to call us squids?