Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Latest Horror Movies (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Recent Acquisitions. (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11318)

AUSTIN316426808 02-23-2005 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by filmmaker2

I think it's the cat's pajamas.

lol. never heard that one before

newb 02-23-2005 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by AUSTIN316426808
lol. never heard that one before
Showing his age with that one.;)

AUSTIN316426808 02-23-2005 10:14 AM

In The Line of Fire and Fire Fox

getting close.

filmmaker2 02-23-2005 10:14 AM

Yeah, well, we both are, huh?

newb 02-23-2005 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by filmmaker2
Yeah, well, we both are, huh?
I know not of what you speak.
I'm a 25 year old trapped in a 46 year old body.

urgeok 02-23-2005 02:08 PM

although i promised i wasnt going to buy any movies this week ..
i gave into the madness ..

- Halloween 4 - anchor bay collectors tin - it was cheap.
- Hero (jet Li)
- Operation amsterdam (peter finch)
- Midnight Movies double feature - The Tomb of Ligela (or Ligeia - couldnt tell) and An Evening of Edgar Allan Poe

Argento's Opera was there - the guy who runs the store is watching it first - then he's gonna sell it to me.

knee jerk 02-23-2005 02:53 PM

Just got the new version of "Donnie Darko."

I was one of the 12 people here in KC who actually went to see it at the theater when it was re-released last fall. It ran for about 3 days out here in the midwest.
Anyhows, the new dvd comes with a great "bunny head" pendant for a necklace. Pretty cool.
Now, what to do with my old copy of "Donnie?"

Elvis_Christ 02-23-2005 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by urgeok
although i promised i wasnt going to buy any movies this week ..
i gave into the madness ..

- Halloween 4 - anchor bay collectors tin - it was cheap.
- Hero (jet Li)
- Operation amsterdam (peter finch)
- Midnight Movies double feature - The Tomb of Ligela (or Ligeia - couldnt tell) and An Evening of Edgar Allan Poe

Argento's Opera was there - the guy who runs the store is watching it first - then he's gonna sell it to me.

Opera is a fucking amazing movie I watched for the first time in ages this morning. I've been trying to track down the band Steel Grave that plays on it but haven't been able to finda anything on them that isn't related to the movie. They have a pretty cool sound somewhere between Iron Maiden crossed with Motorhead. There's some really dark brutal murders in this one. It was pretty much the only Argento released over here completley uncut (under the title Terror at the Opera).

Elvis_Christ 02-23-2005 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by 42ndStreetFreak
"L.A Confidential" is one of the finest thrillers of the 90's...and with some of the great thrillers that came out in that decade that's saying something.
Crowe was excellent.

I can't stand this movie. Guy Peace sucked in it Crowe sucked in it (two of the lamest American accents I've ever heard in a movie). The story was totally lame. Very poor cash in on Hollywood's Film Noir past.

knee jerk 02-23-2005 09:52 PM

You're crazy, that film was GREAT and I mean Tony the Tiger "great" not some lame ass Capt. Crunch or anything.
So what do you consider to be a good movie?