Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Compilations and Pastimes (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   True Or False (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68025)

LuvablePsycho 05-01-2018 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Villain (Post 1030739)
To avoid any confrontation, please leave religious subjects out of a True or False conversation.

I just thought it would be interesting to bring up since it had to do with demons which are kind of scary. ::devil::::danger:: But I completely understand, for now on I won't discuss anything that has to do with religion. ::smile::

The Villain 05-01-2018 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuvablePsycho (Post 1030741)
I just thought it would be interesting to bring up since it had to do with demons which are kind of scary. ::devil::::danger:: But I completely understand, for now on I won't discuss anything that has to do with religion. ::smile::

I have no problem with anyone discussing religion in the proper thread, but having it in a True or False thread can lead to arguments over people with differing views arguing over what's true or not especially when it's all personal opinion and belief and not fact.

I'm sure there's not a whole lot of Christians in a horror forum but I'd rather avoid the kind of argument it would lead to.

Sculpt 05-02-2018 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Villain (Post 1030743)
I have no problem with anyone discussing religion in the proper thread, but having it in a True or False thread can lead to arguments over people with differing views arguing over what's true or not especially when it's all personal opinion and belief and not fact.

I'm sure there's not a whole lot of Christians in a horror forum but I'd rather avoid the kind of argument it would lead to.

There's not a whole lot of anyone in the horror forum these days... but you'd probably be surprised what percent are christians. Some christians like to hear about jewish folklore like Wendy, er what was her name? oh Lillith. The arguing isn't really a christian thing, but yes, I agree with you, not the best True or False material.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morningriser (Post 1030701)
False, he was inspired by the novel I Am Legend.

True or false , while filming The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Gunnar Hansen couldn't stand the actor playing Franklin and was very happy once his death scene was filmed and he was off the set.

True --Paul A. Partain, playing Franklin, though in a chair, gave Gunnar Hansen a really hard time, calling him a fat slut and a moron. On one occasion Paul punched Gunnar's mouth off.

True or False

The Creature of the Black Lagoon plot was loosely based on the Jethro Tull song Aqualung.

LuvablePsycho 05-02-2018 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sculpt (Post 1030775)
There's not a whole lot of anyone in the horror forum these days...

Sorry for getting off topic again but I noticed that just about every forum I visit these days is dead. What is up with that? ::confused::

DeadbeatAtDawn 05-02-2018 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuvablePsycho (Post 1030777)
Sorry for getting off topic again but I noticed that just about every forum I visit these days is dead. What is up with that? ::confused::

Social Media...

FaceBook, Twitter. Instagram.

Everyone wants convenience, fast and are on phones. ::roll eyes::

I myself love the message board atmosphere. Its more personal. You can take a great film and showcase it in a thread. Start conversations, share your knowledge of cinema with others. Like minds come together..::love::

I'm on 3 forums and own one myself. I'll always log on as long as they are here. I am confident...everything old becomes new again. ::love::

LuvablePsycho 05-03-2018 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadbeatAtDawn (Post 1030779)
Social Media...

FaceBook, Twitter. Instagram.

Everyone wants convenience, fast and are on phones. ::roll eyes::

I myself love the message board atmosphere. Its more personal. You can take a great film and showcase it in a thread. Start conversations, share your knowledge of cinema with others. Like minds come together..::love::

I'm on 3 forums and own one myself. I'll always log on as long as they are here. I am confident...everything old becomes new again. ::love::

Yeah I know what you mean. I don't really like FaceBook or Twitter either and I only use Facebook for staying in touch with family. Also don't even get me started on YouTube!

*feels a song coming on*

Everybody in the USA
Hates that stupid website
It's YouTube and it's really really lame!
YouTube tried to block my song
Their views on copyright are wrong
I hate their guts, and YouTube is their name!
Y-O-U-T-U-B-E They're the ones who make me angry
I'd like to see their site go down in flames!

Morningriser 05-03-2018 06:47 AM

Take this to the random thoughts thread guys, we are trying to play a game here...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sculpt (Post 1030775)
True or False

The Creature of the Black Lagoon plot was loosely based on the Jethro Tull song Aqualung.

False, CFTBL was released in 54 and Aqualung in 71 so unless the writer had a time machine it couldn't be possible .

True or false, In House of 1,000 Corpses, Bill Moseley played 3seperate roles.

LuvablePsycho 05-03-2018 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morningriser (Post 1030783)
Take this to the random thoughts thread guys, we are trying to play a game here...

False, CFTBL was released in 54 and Aqualung in 71 so unless the writer had a time machine it couldn't be possible .

True or false, In House of 1,000 Corpses, Bill Moseley played 3seperate roles.

False (at least I think it's false, I never saw the movie and tried looking this up on Google but found nothing)

True or False: While working on Day of the Dead, Tom Savini was accidentally injured and taken to the hospital when one of the crew members sprayed him with a fire extinguisher trying to play a practical joke.

Sculpt 05-05-2018 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuvablePsycho (Post 1030784)
True or False: While working on Day of the Dead, Tom Savini was accidentally injured and taken to the hospital when one of the crew members sprayed him with a fire extinguisher trying to play a practical joke.

False -- He never made it to the hospital

True or False:

In Night of the Living Dead some of the actors playing zombies bit into real uncooked pig intestines.

LuvablePsycho 05-10-2018 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sculpt (Post 1030828)
False -- He never made it to the hospital

True or False:

In Night of the Living Dead some of the actors playing zombies bit into real uncooked pig intestines.

True (I think? I know that was true in Day of the Dead)

True or False

Linda Blair agreed to return as Regan for Exorcist 2 on the condition that she didn't have to be covered in make-up again.