Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Comics (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   What comic are you reading at the moment? (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30923)

SamCostello 11-22-2009 09:25 AM

20th Century Boys Vol. 5, by Naoki Urasawa - I think this series is 20 volumes or so. It's hard to imagine where it could be going (which is exciting) since, just as this volume built to what looked like a major climax, it cut away 15 years into the future. Weird, but intriguing.

Sam

cheebacheeba 11-23-2009 01:00 AM

Existence 2.0
My current comic reco.

Doc Faustus 11-29-2009 06:46 AM

My current comment rec: I Shall Destroy All the Civilized Planets: The Fantastic Comics of Fletcher Hanks. Weird, antisocial, heavy, cynical masterpieces of thirties and forties comics by a guy who was clearly off his rocker. Very cool stuff.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fletcher_Hanks

Wicked Lady 12-02-2009 04:43 PM

I just finished the short solo comic series Mystique had.

I'm in the middle of all the new Deadpoool ongoing series'

Cable.. The new X Force.. Black Widow.. Doctor Strange.. Fall Out Toy Works.. Wow... I need a life.. lol

cheebacheeba 12-02-2009 04:47 PM

I think the current run of Cable is one of Marvels best.
The new deadpool team-up etc starting with 900 I don't really like but the ongoing is ok...still preferred the last ongoing though...

Wicked Lady 12-02-2009 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheebacheeba (Post 838608)
I think the current run of Cable is one of Marvels best.
The new deadpool team-up etc starting with 900 I don't really like but the ongoing is ok...still preferred the last ongoing though...

Have you been reading the X force? They intertwine nicely for the Messiah War.

Honestly, I didn't like the on-going Deadpool has that's being written by Daniel Way at first but I've really been loving it recently. Poor Bob lol.

His old on-going from the 90's was great depending on who was writing it. It pained me to read through some of the crap Priest put out Xp

cheebacheeba 12-02-2009 07:08 PM

Yeah I remember I read all of that 90's ongoing deadpool, actually have a copy of #1 as part of my collection...started off real good, then like not at the very end but towards the end it REALLY fell down some, almost a chore reading through those parts.

Yep, I read x-force (I download so I pretty much read....everything) and agreed it tied in well with cable. Though out of the two Cable is by far the best series IMO, I just wish they'd get back whoever was doing the art at the beginning...storyline's still cool, but it WAS one of the best looking comics out for a while there too.

The one Marvel thing I avoid is usually all the space stuff, oh and agents of atlas which just looks stupid and I'm sure is just a passing phase...I'm waiting for guardians of the galaxy to move in from the...?war of kings? before I start reading again, I really don't need another crossover.

Speaking of comics...guess it's about time to hit up dc++ and see what's out for the week.

massacre man 12-02-2009 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheebacheeba (Post 838619)
The one Marvel thing I avoid is usually all the space stuff, oh and agents of atlas which just looks stupid and I'm sure is just a passing phase...I'm waiting for guardians of the galaxy to move in from the...?war of kings? before I start reading again, I really don't need another crossover.

I tend to just avoid Marvel in general. Haha. Other than Iron Man and Thor on occasion, I liked Hulk until the Red Hulk, World War Hulk, Doggystyle Hulk, etc. And I like Deadpool here and there, I really like Deadpool but his stories tend to bore me.

Just read Alan Moore's "For The Man Who Has Everything" I think that might be the best thing Jason Todd did as Robin, besides dying. I like Jason as the Red Hood and Dick's nemesis though.

Weapon X 12-03-2009 12:42 AM

Tales of the Unknown.

cheebacheeba 12-03-2009 03:03 AM

Quote:

And I like Deadpool here and there, I really like Deadpool but his stories tend to bore me.
I thought some of his best work was as a constant annoyance in x-force...his ongoing now, up and down. But yeah I just read it 'cos it's there.
So what, did thanksgiving like delay comics or something? there was sweet fuck-all to download today.