Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Music (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What R U listenin' 2 right now ? (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=197)

abunai 09-24-2003 07:16 AM

What R U listenin' 2 right now ?

Paint it Black - Rolling Stones :o

I see a red door and I want it painted black,
no colours anymore I want them to turn black.:mad:
I see the girls walk by dressed in their summer clothes,
I have to turn my head until the darkness goes.

I see a line of cars and they're all painted black,
with flowers and my love, both never to come back.
I see people turn their heads and quickly look away,
like a newborn baby it just happens every day.

I look inside my self and see my heart is back,:(
I see my red door and I want it painted black.
Maybe then I'll fade away and not have to face the facts,
it's not easy facing up when your whole world is black.

No more will my green sea go turn a deeper blue,
I could not forsee this thing happening to you.
If I look hard enough into the setting sun,
my love will laugh with me before the morning comes.

I see a red door and I want it painted black,
no colours anymore I want them ot turn black.
I see the girls walk by dressed in their summer clothes,
I have to turn my head until my darkness goes.

;) and u, which song r u listening to? :rolleyes: :p

Killer Clown#1 09-24-2003 04:40 PM

Did my time- by Korn

natas 09-25-2003 01:31 PM

going under - evanescense

Also some Metalica,Zepplin,Ozzy,Stones....whatever my mood dictates day to day.....

Fear 09-25-2003 04:19 PM

Mushroomhead

Ash 09-26-2003 03:33 AM

I'm listening to The Flaming Lips, "Do You Realize?" as I write this.

Do You Realize - that you have the most beautiful face
Do You Realize - we're floating in space -
Do You Realize - that happiness makes you cry
Do You Realize - that everyone you know someday will die

And instead of saying all of your goodbyes - let them know
You realize that life goes fast
It's hard to make the good things last
You realize the sun don'-go down
It's just an illusion caused by the world spinning round

Do You Realize - Oh - Oh - Oh
Do You Realize - that everyone you know
Someday will die -

And instead of saying all of your goodbyes - let them know
You realize that life goes fast
It's hard to make the good things last
You realize the sun don'-go down
It's just an illusion caused by the world spinning round

carriekinz 09-26-2003 02:09 PM

"The Great Milenko"--Insane Clown Posse

SGJR1960 09-27-2003 11:58 AM

Instrumental Insanity Plus

Right now I'm hooked on two instrumental soundtracks I picked up: RAVENOUS and THE OMEGA MAN. In terms of song-oriented soundtracks, THE LOST BOYS and LOST HIGHWAY seem to manage to creep into my CD player when I'm not looking. Best and most unexpected song right now? "Collapse" by Soul Coughing...

"Mid-level manager says he heard about
Some mullato girl shot him in the mouth
And left him in the hotel, near the Mid-South offices
He worked in Distribution, Regional Vice President

Collapse, Unload it, bomp bomp bomp
Must accumulate, unload it, bomp bomp bomp
Must accumulate, unload it, bomp bomp bomp
Must accumulate..."

Killer Clown#1 09-27-2003 01:50 PM

Illnino-how can I live with out you

Zos Kia Cultus 09-27-2003 04:23 PM

Death Cult Armageddon - Dimmu Borgir

avenger00soul 09-28-2003 11:28 AM

Anthrax-We've come for you all
Shadows Fall-Art of balance
In Flames-Reroute to Remain
Type O Negative-Life is killing me
Queens of the Stone Age-Songs for the deaf

abunai 09-28-2003 11:13 PM

I' sad today...

:( Suicide Is Painless

Performed by The Mash

Through early moring fog I see
Vision's of the things to be
The pains that are with held for me
I realise and I can see

*That suicide is painless
It brings on many changes
And I can take or leave it if I please

The game of life is hard to play
Gonna to lose it anyway
The losing card I'll someday lay
So this is all I have to say

(Repeat *)
:( :(

dmihatmttl 09-29-2003 02:41 AM

Listening To:

Great choices, avengersoul. That new Anthrax blows me away -- hands down, the best thing they've even done (counting even THE SOUND OF WHITE NOISE, which was one of my favorite albums of all time till WE'VE COME FOR YOU ALL was released).

Just saw Type O in concert a few weeks back. My first time. Fantastic . . . .

Right now I'm listening to something a little different, though. The new Perfect Circle disc, THE THIRTEENTH STEP. Very cool. After listening to it a few more times, I think I may like it even more than MER DE NOMS . . . .

James N.
http://members.tripod.com/~NEWMANATOR/index.html

avenger00soul 09-29-2003 06:07 AM

Thanks, dmihatmttl
I went to get the new Perfect Circle when it came out but every copy in Bestbuy was gone. I heard one song about a "nurse that loved me" that was absolutely crazy and against Maynard's style. I would love to see the acompanying video for that song. As for the new Anthrax album, without a doubt some of their best work. Love those guys. I saw them live a few years back and they're incredible. They really got the crowd into it when clearly a lot of the people didn't know the songs. I would love to see Type O.

dmihatmttl 09-29-2003 09:39 AM

Hi:

Yeah, I'm really loving it so far. But I think I'm gonna hate that song you mentioned -- it's the only one on the album that I can't get into at *all*. The rest of THE THIRTEENTH STEP, though -- *wow*.

Check it out when you get the chance. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts . . . .

I saw Anthrax on the SOUND OF WHITE NOISE tour, and I agree -- they're one of the hardest working live bands out there. Simply phenomenal.

Where you are located, man? Type O just started a new leg of their tour, so you never know . . . .

Take care. Great site, btw!

James N.

avenger00soul 09-29-2003 09:58 AM

I saw Anthrax on their Attack of the Killer A's tour. It's the one where Belladonna was supposed to re-unite with the band but pulled out at the last minute b/c they couldn't pay him enough. As if he has a lot going on right now.

I love A Perfect Circle's last album and anything Tool does. I'm nervous about the new stuff cuz they lost Troy to Queens of the Stone Age and the chick bassist left for Zwan?? What was she thinking? I will still undoubtedly buy it though.

As for my location, Kentucky. Yeah, we don't get a lot of rockin' tours around here. Bogart's in Cincinatti isn't too far away and they usually get good bands. I'll have to check Type O's site and see if they're coming anyway near.

Thanks for the props on the website. I checked yours out earlier, good stuff. Glad to see True Romance on your favorites list. Love that flick. Can't wait for Kill Bill

dmihatmttl 09-29-2003 10:07 AM

Cool

Oh, man . . . that would have been a great show, with both Bush and Belladonna. Bummer, man . . . .

Yeah, I just got into Tool a couple years ago. Saw them last fall -- what a great show. They're fantastic writing music, too.

Heehee . . . I felt pretty stupid asking where you were located after I saw KENTUCKY right under your name. I can imagine you don't get many good shows there. But hey -- it could be worse. You could live in North Carolina (most of the concerts I see I actually travel down to SC for, believe it or not)! :\

Thanks for your kind words about my site. Check out 'ROLLERS if you get the chance. I think you'd really like it.

And yes -- KILL BILL should be a real roller-coaster ride!

James N.

avenger00soul 09-29-2003 10:15 AM

Re: Cool

Quote:

Originally posted by dmihatmttl
Oh, man . . . that would have been a great show, with both Bush and Belladonna. Bummer, man . . . .

Thanks for your kind words about my site. Check out 'ROLLERS if you get the chance. I think you'd really like it.

James N.

Yes, I was pissed. Oh well, I'm a bigger fan of the Bush years even though I got into them from the Belladonna stuff.

I would go to more shows but I don't have the money. I've seen Anthrax, Fu Manchu, A.F.I., Rise Against, Death by Stereo, The Missing 23rd, Godsmack, Staind, Cold, and Systematic. Anthrax was my favorite, A.F.I. puts on a great show (for 5 dollars, sadly they've made it big and I doubt that will ever happen again), and Death by Stereo takes no prisoners. Who have you seen live and who, if any, sucked?

How many books have you written and where can I find them?

dmihatmttl 09-29-2003 11:07 AM

Live Shows, Etc.

Same here . . . I grew up listening to Anthrax when Belladonna was the singer ("I'm the Man!"), but when Bush came along he took the band to a whole new level. The old stuff, even though it will always have a special place in my heart, doesn't even *compare*.

Where to begin. Off the top of my head, here are the bands I've seen live. I know I'll probably forget a few and it'll hit me later and I'll be pissed off: AC/DC (twice), Kiss (twice), Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Anthrax, Fight, Metallica (twice), Corrosion of Conformity, Danzig, Tool, Jackyl (3x), Godsmack, Static-X, Ozzy, Disturbed, P.O.D., Pantera (twice), Skid Row, Stabbing Westward, Type O Negative, Lacuna Coil, Cinderella, L.A. Guns, Ace Frehley (twice), and Quiet Riot.

Thanks for asking about my books. I don't want our esteemed moderators to think I'm just here to spam everybody, though, so if it's okay I'll direct you to the "New Member Board." I talked about the stuff I have available for sale over there (under the "Just Thought I'd Introduce Myself..." thread). Or you can check out my website, and find info on everything I've ever been in there (anthos, etc.).

I hope you understand. Thanks so much for your interest, man! I really appreciate it . . . .

J.N.

Ritualistic 10-05-2003 01:33 PM

"Death By Hanging" By: Bloodshed

Raven2029 10-06-2003 05:24 AM

Slipknot!

I'm listening to slipknot leftbehind. in tow min. i'm gonna listen to craddle of filth.:D

avenger00soul 10-06-2003 05:54 AM

Re: Slipknot!

Quote:

Originally posted by Raven2029
I'm listening to slipknot leftbehind. in tow min. i'm gonna listen to craddle of filth.:D
Speaking of Cradle of Filth, did anyone ever see Cradle of Fear? It's a nasty horror offering starring Dani Filth, the frontman for Cradle of Filth.

dmihatmttl 10-06-2003 07:05 AM

Currently Listening To:

currently listening to:

A Perfect Circle, THE THIRTEENTH STEP
"The Vanishing" :)

J.N.

abunai 10-06-2003 06:42 PM

right now : I'm not worried at all - Moby !!
:o

abunai 10-06-2003 11:59 PM

Total Eclipse !!! Hooooooo

GuyZZZZZZ you should listen to this one !!

Total eclipse
Rosenstolz

Big shots,
argue about what they've got,
making the planet so hot,
hot as a holocaust.

Blow up,
everything's going to go up,
even if you don't show up,
in your chemise Lacoste.

Total eclipse,
it's a total eclipse,
it's a total eclipse of the sun,
world come to this,
with the total eclipse,
just a slip of your lips,
and you're done.

Fallout,
nobody left to crawl out,
if someone calls we're all out,
turning into French fries.

Last dance,
let the entire cast dance,
due to dismembered,
last dance,
as we get atomized.

Total eclipse,
it's a total eclipse,
it's a total eclipse of the sun,
world come to this,
with the total eclipse,
just a slip of your lips,
and you're done.
:cool:

http://www.gamespy.com/avatars/av/AT/at106.gif

roguesblight 10-13-2003 03:13 AM

The Album: Alice Cooper- Killer

The Song: You Drive Me NNNNervous

Of Course any music that's a psychedelic groovy kind of thing
will do for me! And that definatley includes The Stones:
Paint It Black!

I also like Going Under by Evanessence! My daughter "Samara"
can sing the hell out of that song and will be singing it at a
talent show at her school later this year!

nightbreed 10-14-2003 11:18 AM

amon amarth

amon amarth
the album is called versus the world.
buy it right now.

damien 10-14-2003 04:42 PM

hey guys those are some good choices. but if you want true horror musicyou have got to listen to gotham road, mister monster, frobidden dimension , mr underhill, the independents, blitkid........this blitzkid is a must seriously guys.www.blitzkid.net

damien 10-14-2003 04:44 PM

oh and for the fastest growing horror rock label out there go to www.antidoterecords.net

damien 10-14-2003 04:50 PM

sign up for the board over at antidote tell sin damien sent ya.they got new releases coming soon. i highly reccomend picking up the blitzkid stuff and mr underhill. and other bands you may like empire hideous, ghoultown, calabrese,balzac,the undead, let me know if you guys like any of this.

ChaoticMinister 10-15-2003 08:18 AM

Not listening to anything right now other than the silence of the computer lab, but if i were home listening to something, it would be funky, hard, and kick-ass...

Examples: Rob Zombie (Demonoid Phenomenon or SuperBeast), Rage Against the Machine (Microphone Fiend, Bulls on Parade), Audioslave (Gasoline, What You Are), System of A Down (Sugar, Soil, Mind)... mostly Nu-Metal because I don't have any Zeppelin, Floyd, ZZ Top, etc. anymore... i need to get some... i wish i had a sound card in my computer too...

Oh Well...

*FADE OUT*

damien 10-15-2003 08:23 AM

guys im telling you you if you want true horror music you gotta chek out gotham road, biltzkid, mister monster, those are absolute musts!!!!!!!!!!!

Samara 10-16-2003 06:15 PM

Quote:

going under - evanescense
YOU ARE COOL, I LOVE that song I'm going to sing that 4 my talent show at my school!

Samara 10-16-2003 06:21 PM

Quote:

I also like Going Under by Evanessence! My daughter "Samara"
Yeah mom you had to bring that up aren't you the BUTT of the year? I realy wanted to tell them myself to late I already did:p !!!:p Again

PLTTT (spit)

Samara 10-16-2003 06:25 PM

Quote:

guys im telling you you if you want true horror music you gotta chek out gotham road, biltzkid, mister monster, those are absolute musts!!!!!!!!!!!
No man it's Marilyn Manson he is the best goth singer I have ever heard (but when it comes to punk it's Good Charlotte I looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove Benji Madden!)

Samara 10-16-2003 06:35 PM

Right now I'm listening to Marilyn Manson "This Is The New Shit"
Next I'm going to listen to Marilyn Manson "Tainted Love"
And then Going Under By Evenescence(of course this is Samara not Barbie)

damien 10-16-2003 09:05 PM

samara please give the bands i mentioned a try . they are all great.

roguesblight 10-17-2003 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by damien
As "samara's" Mom, I can say this on her behalf and mine, that we would have to hear them before we'd want to buy them so how do we do that? Are they played on the radio? sh*t, that won't help us either cause this area doesn't have a station that would play horror type of music, she can't even listen to Manson on the radio here. Is there somewhere online that has samples, or do we pretty much have to use a p2p type software to try 'em?

Even tho I answered your post, I'm sure she'll say something also when she gets on!

Deadbodyman 10-17-2003 01:10 AM

hey carriekinz,

MUCH ClOWN LOVE!!! ICP and PSYCHOPATHIC Family

Wicked shit 4- live

damien 10-17-2003 06:42 PM

well just because they are not played on the radio dont mean they suck.manson had what 3 cds b4 they started playing him on the radio. if you go to page 2 of this thread there are some links chek it out and yes yu can hear samples. here are sum more

damien 10-17-2003 06:44 PM

http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/556/gotham_road.html