Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Horror Filmmakers (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Alright, I finally need some help. (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21082)

alkytrio666 03-13-2006 02:14 PM

Alright, I finally need some help.

I'm directing a horror movie this summer. It's gonna be a real basic slasher movie, two serial killers after a couple of teens. The killers drag victims back to a toolshed where they are tortured and killed in oh so horrible ways, as thought up through my sick mind.

I have two requests:

1. I NEED A TITLE! I have a bacic script and a fairly thought out game plan, but I can't think of a title! "The Toolshed" is too plain, and one thought was "Bloodshed", but, as you can see in this forum, it's already been used. PLEASE GIMME ANY TITLE IDEAS YOU HAVE!

2. Any cool kill/dialogue/effects scenes you guys think would fit well. I've got a few in mind, but I know there are others on this site who could come up with good ones, too.

I've never asked for help before, so PLEASE someone take this somewhat seriously, and this is open to anyone.

Thanks, guys.

urgeok 03-13-2006 02:59 PM

the toolshed killers

maybe someone will get it confused with toolbox killer.
that could be a good thing..

RavageRitual 03-13-2006 03:41 PM

The way I think up names for horror movies is to think up heavy metal band names. Its easier and they end up sounding pretty good. Youll probobly think these suck though...just ideas...

Beyond Madness
Beyond Death
Beyond Macabre

god know you can do whatever you want with the word "beyond"

Blood Killers
Blood Brother
Macabre Fantasy
Cryptic Fantasy
Killing Temptation
Distorted Minds
Sadistic Desire (my fav)
Substratum

Posher778 03-13-2006 03:45 PM

The Killing room?
Toolshed massacres
shed of doom! :) not really

RavageRitual 03-13-2006 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Posher778
The Killing room?

thats not bad...

you could change the word "killing" into something different and make it not so typical. That would make that a really good idea.

Posher778 03-13-2006 03:55 PM

slaughter house? :)

sabersword 03-13-2006 05:01 PM

help

Alky,can you give us a little more? Maby some plot without giving to much away? That would help. There is only so much you can do with toolshed. Have you ever noticed how many movies start with,Night of or,the night of?

alkytrio666 03-13-2006 06:07 PM

Re: help

Quote:

Originally posted by sabersword
Alky,can you give us a little more? Maby some plot without giving to much away? That would help. There is only so much you can do with toolshed. Have you ever noticed how many movies start with,Night of or,the night of?
Of course. You guys are awesome, giving me so much feedback. So here goes- the basic storyline:

Two buddies are on their way to visit some friends in Illinois. They are coming from college to visit for a weekend. One of the two starts having repeating dreams of himself and his friend dying, over and over, though he never sees his killer's face. He starts noticing small things from his dreams, such as a watch, or shoes, that appear in real life. Kinda like deja vu-ish.

Anyway, somehow (I haven't decided quite how), they're going to get lost in the forest, and eventually one dies. The other escapes, dillusional.

He finally finds his way to the cabin and meets the friends he originaly intended to visit, but can't remember what exactly happened. They discover his pal's body in the trunk of the car.

He pleads and pleads, telling them it wasn't him.

One by one his friends start being knocked off, and he strives to find answers to clear himself of the murders and stop the rest from happening.

Kind of lame, I know, but hell it's just for fun and I'm gaining experience. I'm loving all the suggestions, please keep them coming, you guys rock.

If it means anything, each and every one of you will appear in the credits for helping haha.

THANKS, and keep 'em coming, all the feedback so far is great!

Despare 03-13-2006 09:16 PM

The Blood Shed (or just Blood Shed)
Chop Shack
For deaths there's a lot you can do with a good toolshed although I like the more brutal things like slamming somebody's head in one of those big tool chests. Another good one...

Have an eye hook screwed into the wall with some thin stainless aircraft cable attached to it. Have the cable come out then wrap once around somebody's neck and the have it attached to a brace (one of those handheld drills that rotate) which is fastened in a vice. As the brace is turned the cable tightens around it and the neck until finally the cable begins to cut and you can go as far as decapitation.

Obviously pneumatic tools like die grinders and nail guns. Oh, an overlooked vicious tool is the wire wheel side of a bench grinder, ouch.

sinistar 03-13-2006 09:21 PM

The Landscrapers muahaha... *cough*

no, like the other dude said, Blood Shed!

Despare 03-13-2006 09:26 PM

Two other underutilized power drill attachments...
Spade Bit
Hole Saw

slasherman 03-13-2006 10:05 PM

..do you have any idea how those two slasher guys gonna look like ? ....one of the the most important aspects of a slasher...

we dont need a Batman and Robin in the slasher genre....so they both have to look cool........not like Robin

my idea for a title.....try to find two suitable names for your slasher characters...

eksample: Myers and Ghostface (not vs)

The day Myers and Ghostface changed the world :p

Nyarlathotep 03-14-2006 01:17 AM

last shed on the left

urgeok 03-14-2006 02:05 AM

the revenge of Arthur 2 Sheds JAckson

RavageRitual 03-14-2006 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Despare
The Blood Shed (or just Blood Shed)
Chop Shack
For deaths there's a lot you can do with a good toolshed although I like the more brutal things like slamming somebody's head in one of those big tool chests. Another good one...

Have an eye hook screwed into the wall with some thin stainless aircraft cable attached to it. Have the cable come out then wrap once around somebody's neck and the have it attached to a brace (one of those handheld drills that rotate) which is fastened in a vice. As the brace is turned the cable tightens around it and the neck until finally the cable begins to cut and you can go as far as decapitation.

Obviously pneumatic tools like die grinders and nail guns. Oh, an overlooked vicious tool is the wire wheel side of a bench grinder, ouch.

great Ideas despare!

what about .....

The Hack Shack?

Nyarlathotep 03-14-2006 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by urgeok
the revenge of Arthur 2 Sheds JAckson
are the killers thinking of purchasing a second shed to bring them in line with their epithet?

zomb5150 03-14-2006 03:45 AM

how about simply...... "The Shed":)

urgeok 03-14-2006 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Nyarlathotep
are the killers thinking of purchasing a second shed to bring them in line with their epithet?
i think Arthur had the origional shed torn down.

that could be part of the plot .. they had another shed, but it was torn down.

this would have to be shown in a prologue sequence of course - or maybe during the opening credits.

Nyarlathotep 03-14-2006 06:37 AM

Quote:

i think Arthur had the origional shed torn down.

that could be part of the plot .. they had another shed, but it was torn down.

this would have to be shown in a prologue sequence of course - or maybe during the opening credits.

he did talk about selling it........maybe the frustrated musician out for revenge...a la phantom

urgeok 03-14-2006 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Nyarlathotep
he did talk about selling it........maybe the frustrated musician out for revenge...a la phantom
i hear he has a theory about dinosaurs

Nyarlathotep 03-14-2006 06:51 AM

Quote:

i hear he has a theory about dinosaurs
he was interested in trainspotting as well

erotic_cookie 03-14-2006 08:06 AM

What about "The Happy, Fun, Super Shed Killing and Games Movie" :D

No really, I don't have any good ideas for a movie title.

alkytrio666 03-14-2006 09:35 AM

Thank you all for your positive, and even your crazy, feedback.

Keep 'em coming, but I'm seriously considering RR's Hack Shack idea, inspired by Despare.

But still, these are great. And thanks for the cool ideas, Despare. Very creative.

Despare 03-14-2006 11:07 AM

I like Hack Shack a lot.
If you do any hacking with hatchets or axes make them dull so there's some bone chipping and the killer needs a couple swings not just one clean cut. Mmmmmm gore.

alkytrio666 03-14-2006 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Despare
I like Hack Shack a lot.
If you do any hacking with hatchets or axes make them dull so there's some bone chipping and the killer needs a couple swings not just one clean cut. Mmmmmm gore.

'Atta boy, Despare- we think alike.

I wish I could ship you out here to help me for a summer, haha.

urgeok 03-14-2006 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by alkytrio666
'Atta boy, Despare- we think alike.

I wish I could ship you out here to help me for a summer, haha.

then you could cut him up.... and eat him,
and make a jacket out of his bones !

alkytrio666 03-14-2006 12:46 PM

Quote:

then you could cut him up.... and eat him,
and make a jacket out of his bones !

And make a stew out of his tongue and spleen.

I mean- shut up Urge, I'm not that sick!

urgeok 03-14-2006 02:52 PM

ok .. i went too far ..

ixnay on the jacketay

alkytrio666 03-14-2006 03:04 PM

Quote:

ok .. i went too far ..

ixnay on the jacketay

Naw, forget about it. I kinda liked the jacket idea, anyway.

urgeok 03-14-2006 04:17 PM

haha i should have said 'acketjay'

RavageRitual 03-14-2006 04:53 PM

Alky, Im really happy to see you like the idea of it being called

"Hack Shack"

I was surprised when I thought of that, I dont always think of good ideas.

RavageRitual 03-14-2006 04:54 PM

oh and if you have a sequal in your head you can easily call it...

"Back to the Hack Shack"

alkytrio666 03-14-2006 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by RavageRitual
oh and if you have a sequal in your head you can easily call it...

"Back to the Hack Shack"

Oh, you are fuckin' on.

urgeok 03-14-2006 06:04 PM

people are going to think it's about taxi drivers

Despare 03-14-2006 06:57 PM

Band saws, belt sanders, extension cords, a generator, an air compressor, a swaging tool, a PVC cable saw... man I'm getting giddy thinking about all the messy thing you can do with tools! OOOOOO I know! A big electric drain auger, the 100 foot ones with the one inch cable and the big root auger on it, now THAT sounds like fun. A plate compactor would be fun, an areator, ok I'll stop now I'm just overwhelmed with horrific ideas.

RavageRitual 03-14-2006 07:52 PM

I know Alky is gonna do a good job with this. I really cant wait for him to get it going. I hope he keeps the storyline he showed us. I think it is really good. I hope it has some pretty good amounts of gore in it too! lol

alkytrio666 03-15-2006 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by RavageRitual
I know Alky is gonna do a good job with this. I really cant wait for him to get it going. I hope he keeps the storyline he showed us. I think it is really good. I hope it has some pretty good amounts of gore in it too! lol
Oh it will.

And you bet your ass I'll be sending you a copy out of the first batch when it's all said and done.

Despare 03-15-2006 08:42 AM

Hurry up already, I'm already excited to see it!

alkytrio666 03-15-2006 09:52 AM

Haha, I'm glad to see the film already has fan support, but I'm afraid it could take all summer.

But you WILL be kept updated, my friends.

Despare 03-15-2006 07:18 PM

So somebody goes into this shed and looks around when all of the sudden from behind we see the killer slam a pitchfork into the victim's shoulders and push him up against the wall. The kid struggles with the pitchfork blades in his shoulders pinning him against the wall, blood pours down his back as he squirms helplessly. The madman picks up a landscape scraper with his free hand (it doesn't take much power to pin somebody against the wall if there are sharp prongs digging into his back)...
http://www.2and2.net/Uploads/Images/027997008406.jpg
and then slams the chipping blade into the back of the victims neck severing his spinal column and then maybe he'll continue until the head rolls from the victim's shoulders before he pulls the pitchfork away and allows the corpse to hit the floor with a sickening thud.