Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Upcoming Horror Movies (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   A third Star Wars trilogy is coming! (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56545)

_____V_____ 10-24-2010 11:02 AM

A third Star Wars trilogy is coming!

Long time Star Wars fans will probably have some sort of vague recollections of creator George Lucas mentioning the possibility of the Star Wars saga including three sets of trilogies, for nine movies in total.

Though Lucas told MTV in 2004 that the series "was never planned as a nine-episode work," the rumor of a sequel has been alive since 1983 when Lucas was quoted in Denise Worrell's book Icons: Intimate Portraits as saying that "the first trilogy is social and political...(the second trilogy) is more about personal growth and self realization, and the third deals with moral and philosophical problems.... The sequel is about Jedi knighthood, justice, confrontation, and passing on what you have learned."

Now — prepare yourselves, Star Wars fans — IESB has reported that plans are underway for more Star Wars movies to follow the events in Return of the Jedi.

Several of the most successful Star Wars novels have taken place after Return of the Jedi, most notably Timothy Zahn's Thrawn Trilogy, so there is fertile ground for sequel material; however, according to IESB's "ultra top-secret Lucasfilm insider," the new trilogy "will exist in the same universe" as previous movies "but will not have anything to do with the Skywalker Clan."

IESB also stated that the sequel "will have nothing to do with the live-action television series" that is being developed and which will supposedly feature everyone's favorite bounty hunter, Boba Fett.

Lucas is currently in the process of converting all six of the original movies to 3D, with plans to re-release them in theaters in 3-D and on Blu-ray. IESB's source says that the "ideal plan" is for the first movie in the new trilogy to be released "within 24 months" after the last of the original six movies is re-released in 3-D.

IESB, obviously aware of how dubious their scoop must sound, prefaced the entire article by listing several of the previous movie news scoops that they did get correct, including such Star Wars-related scoops as the PG-13 rating for Revenge of the Sith, the news that a Clone Wars animated series was on the way, and that a live-action TV series was in the works.

http://iesb.net/index.php?option=com...news&Itemid=71

phantomstranger 10-24-2010 03:03 PM

I'll believe it when I see it.

Anthropophagus 10-31-2010 09:35 AM

I just dont get all the Star Wars hype at all.

To me it is just way over blown,even the first movie sucked for me.I wish Lucas would put this crap to sleep and stop regurtating this stuff out every few years,and dont even start with all the franchising that goes with it.Sheesh.

harrynia 11-03-2010 08:00 PM

It's about time!! This is a story that desperately needs to be done well. Fingers crossed.

nightmare_of _death 10-30-2012 12:34 PM

Star Wars 7

I just found out George Lucas sold Lucasfilms to Disney. I like a lot of Disney films, but I sure hope they don't screw Star Wars up. This may be the death of Star Wars as we know it. But I also do think its a little to early to say. They may do a really good job with it all. Just thought I'd share. Thoughts?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyqlT...ature=youtu.be

Sorry it's in URL format it wouldn't let me embed it.

Angra 10-30-2012 10:27 PM

Makes this guy very happy.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p...inks_large.jpg

Not me tho. I hated the last 3.

Bob Gray 10-31-2012 04:20 AM

I'm excited to see what a new director will do with it, Empire and Return were both directed by someone not named George Lucas.

MichaelMyers 10-31-2012 11:10 AM

Make this into a horror franchise.

Anthropophagus 11-01-2012 09:15 AM

The most over hyped, over rated piles of shit ever to grace the silver screens.:mad:

hammerfan 11-01-2012 09:18 AM

I just read an article on Comcast.net where Mark Hamill said George Lucas told him they're going to do VII, VIII, and IX.

Angra 11-01-2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hammerfan (Post 939679)
I just read an article on Comcast.net where Mark Hamill said George Lucas told him they're going to do VII, VIII, and IX.

I'm sure that's only the beginning. :rolleyes:

Posher778 11-01-2012 04:47 PM

Who cares. None of these movies were ever that good in the first place, and the only interesting character (Darth Maul) got chopped early on. The new Star Trek movie was better than all 6 Star Wars movies combined, and it was just entertaining.

Angra 11-01-2012 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Posher778 (Post 939710)
Who cares. None of these movies were ever that good in the first place, and the only interesting character (Darth Maul) got chopped early on. The new Star Trek movie was better than all 6 Star Wars movies combined, and it was just entertaining.

How was Maul interesting?? It was just some dude with a painted face. He looked ridiculous.

Fearonsarms 11-01-2012 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelMyers (Post 939594)
Make this into a horror franchise.

That could have potential-give them to Dario Argento to direct!

Posher778 11-02-2012 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angra (Post 939713)
How was Maul interesting?? It was just some dude with a painted face. He looked ridiculous.

Exactly! Ridiculous is entertaining.

_____V_____ 11-05-2012 09:39 PM

Star Wars: Disney's new trilogy - Episode VII, VIII & IX - standalone spinoffs also!

You didn’t need to be a prescient Jedi master to predict the minute Disney and Lucasfilm made last week’s big, exciting announcement that the Star Wars galaxy would return to our screens, the rumours about who might be involved would start flying.

And fly they have, with word on both Harrison Ford possibly being up for a return to Han Solo’s trousers and our first rumoured director candidate.

Entertainment Weekly’s new hire, Geoff Boucher (formerly of the LA Times) has a source saying that Ford, Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher are all “upbeat” about returning to the franchise that effectively helped launch their careers.

While we naturally have to file this one in the soon-to-be-bulging New Star Wars Rumour File, it’s a hopeful sign that we really will see the three original leads passing the torch – or the lightsaber – to new characters.

The new trilogy would presumably pick up about twenty years after the end of the three original films. Building an entire arc around Ford (70), Hamill (62) and Fisher (forever 27) is probably not the best of ideas, but including the original stars in a hand-off to a new generation could be a way to appease the fans and inject some new life into the series.

Ford, who has never been the most vocal fan of Star Wars’ scripts, also thought Han should have died in Return Of The Jedi to give it more emotional weight. He was the least likely of the three to make a return, but the idea he’d even consider it makes us very happy indeed. And Boucher is not a man to spread wild rumours, either.

As to the director rumours, the gang at Collider have heard that Matthew Vaughn, who recently departed the big chair on X-Men: Days Of Future Past, could be in talks to pick up the megaphone for the new Wars outing, due in 2015.

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/11/0...olo-exclusive/

taintedparadise 11-07-2012 01:03 AM

I enjoyed the star wars saga hopefully this wont ruin it or make it slightly less enjoyable, I hope they do get Harrison Ford because I'm big fan of his films, but I'll be more than likely going to the cinema to watch it weather I like it or not with the Girlfriend loving Star Wars and all Disney films :)

_____V_____ 11-12-2012 03:06 AM

Michael Arndt confirmed for Star Wars: Episode VII

Quote:

As we reported last week, Little Miss Sunshine screenwriter Michael Arndt was being heavily linked with writing the script for Star Wars: Episode VII, and now the Oscar-winner has been officially confirmed in the role.

“As pre-production of Star Wars: Episode VII begins, Lucasfilm has confirmed that award-winning writer Michael Arndt will write the screenplay for the new Star Wars film,” read an official statement. Kathleen Kennedy and George Lucas have begun story conferences with Arndt.”

That’s the script taken care of then, but what about filling the director’s chair? One name to be linked to the gig has been J.J. Abrams, but the Lost supremo has now taken time to officially rule himself out of the running.

The search continues, then. Star Wars: Episode VII opens in the UK on 17 July 2015.
http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayli...tm_medium=feed

_____V_____ 11-21-2012 07:44 AM

Simon Kinberg and EMPIRE STRIKES BACK Scribe Lawrence Kasdan to Write and Produce STAR WARS Episodes 8 and 9

Quote:

If you thought we’d be heading into the Thanksgiving holiday without one more Star Wars rumor for the road, you’d be wrong.

Michael Arndt was recently confirmed as the screenwriter for Star Wars: Episode VII, and while everyone is busy speculating over who will or won’t direct the next installment in the franchise, it appears that Disney already has its sights set on Episodes VIII and IX.

Word on the street is that the Mouse House is looking at Empire Strikes Back screenwriter Lawrence Kasdan and X-Men: First Class scribe Simon Kinberg to possibly get to work on the next two installments in the new trilogy right away.

Kasdan and Kinberg have closed deals to write either Episode VIII or Episode IX, though the division of their responsibilities has yet to be determined. This means that Kasdan could possibly find himself writing the middle chapter in a Star Wars trilogy again, and we all know how that worked out the first time. The duo will also produce the films.

When Star Wars: Episode VII was announced, it was revealed that it was the first film in a planned new trilogy based on treatments by George Lucas. Lucas said that he passed all his story notes and treatments for further Star Wars films on to new LucasFilm head and Star Wars gatekeeper Kathleen Kennedy, and Disney made it clear that they would like to release a new Star Wars film every other year.

That kind of ambitious plan doesn’t move forward without some major planning, and Deadline is now hearing that Disney is approaching Lawrence Kasdan and Simon Kinberg to go ahead and get the ball rolling on Episodes 8 and 9. Kasdan’s name should ring familiar for fans of the original franchise, as he scripted The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi, and he also penned the screenplay for Radiers of the Lost Ark. As for Kinberg, he’s no stranger to franchise material himself as he wrote the scripts for Sherlock Holmes, X-Men: First Class, and the upcoming sequel X-Men: Days of Future Past.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...n-simon-393459

Fearonsarms 12-01-2012 03:46 PM

I hope they bring back Darth Maul!

_____V_____ 01-25-2013 04:12 AM

J.J. Abrams Set to Direct Next 'Star Wars' Film

Quote:

J.J. Abrams will direct the next "Star Wars" film for Disney, taking stewardship of one of Hollywood's most iconic and lucrative film franchises, an individual with knowledge of the production told TheWrap.
http://www.thewrap.com/movies/articl...xclusive-74596

_____V_____ 02-06-2013 04:52 AM

It's Official: 'Star Wars' Stand-Alone Films From Lawrence Kasdan, Simon Kinberg in Development

Quote:

Disney CEO Bob Iger, whose company acquired Lucasfilm in a $4.05 billion transaction last year, confirmed for investors that his company has lined up Lawrence Kasdan and Simon Kinberg to work on stand-alone Star Wars movies.

As THR first reported, Kasdan and Kinberg are working on separate films that will serve as spinoffs of the main new trilogy. Iger told CNBC that the pair are "working on films derived from great Star Wars characters that are not part of the overall saga, so we still plan to make Star Wars VII, VIII and IX roughly over a six-year period of time starting in 2015. But there are going to be a few other films released in that period of time, too."

As previously announced, Oscar-winning screenwriter Michael Arndt (Toy Story 3, Little Miss Sunshine) is writing Episode VII, which will be the first Disney-produced installment of the Star Wars saga. Late last month, Disney announced that J.J. Abrams will direct that first film.
http://collider.com/star-wars-spinoff-movies-confirmed/

_____V_____ 02-06-2013 10:36 AM

'Star Wars' spin-offs: A young Han Solo movie, and a Boba Fett film

Quote:

Entertainment Weekly has learned details on two of the spin-off projects: A young Han Solo saga, focusing on the wisecracking smuggler’s origin story, and a bounty hunter adventure with Boba Fett at the center of a rogue’s gallery of galactic scum.

Several sources close to the projects confirmed this was the direction the development was taking, although each cautioned it’s still very early in the process and, well, the deal could always be altered futher.

Lucasfilm and Disney declined to comment on the information.

The Han Solo story would take place in the time period between Revenge of the Sith and the first Star Wars (now known as A New Hope), so although it’s possible Harrison Ford could appear as a framing device, the movie would require a new actor for the lead — one presumably much younger than even the 35-year-old Ford when he appeared in the 1977 original.

The Boba Fett film would take place either between A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back, or between Empire and Jedi, where the bounty hunter was last seen plunging unceremoniously into a sarlacc pit. Exactly who would play him isn’t much of a complication – in the original trilogy, he never took off his helmet. And in the prequels, we learned he was the son of the original stormtrooper clone, played by Temuera Morrison, who’s still the right age for the part if his services were required.

In addition to bringing back two fan-favorite characters as the leads of their own films, the Han Solo and Boba Fett projects would also allow Darth Vader, in full-on black death-metal gear, to return as a villain, since placing the spin-offs within the original trilogy would mean he is still alive and hissing. That timeline would also open the door for a return from visit with everyone’s favorite degenerate slug-like gangster, Jabba the Hutt.

There is no indication who might direct the Boba Fett and Han Solo films if they end up coming to fruition. Joe Johnston, director of Captain America and The Rocketeer, originally designed the armor for Boba Fett and told Screenrant he would like to make a film based around the character. Recently, Robert Rodriguez told MTV he would jump at the chance to make a Han Solo film if it were offered to him — although that seemed more like casual interest than a serious proposal.
http://www.empireonline.com/news/feed.asp?NID=36430

phantomstranger 02-07-2013 12:15 AM

Let the saturation begin!

_____V_____ 05-04-2013 10:45 PM

'Star Wars Episode 7' to film scenes in Scotland?

Quote:

Scenes for Star Wars Episode VII will reportedly be shot in Scotland.

The Isle of Skye is rumoured to have been chosen by location bosses as the backdrop for scenes in the highly-anticipated JJ Abrams-directed sequel, The Sun reports.

A source said to the newspaper: "Location bosses feel Scotland possesses stunning scenery perfect for movie backdrops. They will look great on the big screen, and the rock formations will replicate the perception of mountainous planets."

They added: "It will be the first time Star Wars has ever been shot north of the border."

If true, it will follow other high-profile blockbusters like The Dark Knight Rises and Skyfall, which also used Scotland as a location for filming.

Star Wars Episode VII, written by Toy Story 3's Michael Arndt, is due to be released in 2015 and will be the first of three new episodes in the series.

Abrams recently revealed that he expects John Williams to provide the score for Episode VII, following his work on the six previous Star Wars movies.

Anthropophagus 05-05-2013 12:44 AM

I would rather snap my dick in two than watch any of this bile.:D

_____V_____ 05-21-2013 05:00 AM

Is Jonathan Rhys Meyers going to star in 'Star Wars: Episode VII'?
Rumor has it that the star of NBC's 'Dracula' will appear in J.J. Abrams' film

Quote:

Currently we know that J.J. Abrams is directing a script from Michael Arndt and that Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, and Harrison Ford are all due to appear.

Now, a report comes from Latino Review that the star of "The Tudors," Jonathan Rhys Meyers, is being added to the cast. They point out that the actor appeared previously in Abrams' "Mission: Impossible III" and consequently already has a relationship with the director.
http://www.hitfix.com/news/is-jonath...rs-episode-vii

xX_StarChild_Xx 06-06-2013 05:49 PM

J. J. is a talented director. I've liked all of the films of his Ive seen thus far and if they're able to get some real talent in front of the camera as well I think this could dig the franchise out of the hole Lucas put it in with the prequel trillogy. Im looking forward to this. :)

irons 06-16-2013 09:15 PM

I've watched low budget horror films all my life. But I've never heard such bad dialogue as the rubbish spouted in this overated nonsense.

I did enjoy them when I was a kid (the first 2 films they made), grew out of them by the time I was 14.

_____V_____ 01-13-2014 12:03 PM

Star Wars Episode VII to centre on Luke, Leia and Han

The new Star Wars film has been retooled to centre on the iconic characters of Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia and Han Solo. Oscar-winning screenwriter Michael Arndt was replaced by saga stalwart Lawrence Kasdan in October for JJ Abrams's film, which is being pitched as the first in a new trilogy. That decision was taken because Arndt had planned to focus on the children of the characters played by Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher and Harrison Ford. Luke, Leia and Han would have appeared in supporting roles.

Kasdan, who wrote 1980's The Empire Strikes Back, will produce a screenplay that centres on the space opera's original stars so audiences can have "one more chance to enjoy them before a fitting send-off". "The new characters, the offspring, will now be in supporting roles ... and take centre stage in Episode VIII and IX."

Episode VII is currently due in cinemas for Christmas 2015.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Star-...-Up-41075.html

_____V_____ 04-26-2014 05:10 AM

The new 'Star Wars' movies will ignore the Expanded Universe

Quote:

Under Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy's direction, the company for the first time ever has formed a story group to oversee and coordinate all Star Wars creative development.

"We have an unprecedented slate of new Star Wars entertainment on the horizon," said Kennedy. "We're set to bring Star Wars back to the big screen, and continue the adventure through games, books, comics, and new formats that are just emerging. This future of interconnected storytelling will allow fans to explore this galaxy in deeper ways than ever before."

In order to give maximum creative freedom to the filmmakers and also preserve an element of surprise and discovery for the audience, Star Wars Episodes VII-IX will not tell the same story told in the post-Return of the Jedi Expanded Universe.

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/04/2...rse-lucasfilm/

totem 04-26-2014 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _____V_____ (Post 878927)
Long time Star Wars fans will probably have some sort of vague recollections of creator George Lucas mentioning the possibility of the Star Wars saga including three sets of trilogies, for nine movies in total.

My first recollection is of 9 films which I actually read in print. Later on, I heard tell that, after Star Wars, Lucas met with several key people and spent 2-3 day telling them the 12 part story in case he should die before they were all made. Never found a ref for that one.

On the Empire DVD special features, there is an interview with Lucas and Leonard Maltin. In it, Lucas states it was always a 3-triology 9-part tale modeled entirely after opera-styled story-telling.

Lucas said in that interview that all 9 stories were about Anakin Skywalker. He said the first three were Anakin's rise to power, the second three were his fall from grace, but when he got to the last three he only paused and said something like "There's just so much to tell." and dropped it.

And I've heard it claimed most often he said there was only ever six.

I think Harry Potter succeeded as it did because it became progressively darker & more mature in content. Rowling knew her audience would continue to age & grow up in between each book.

Lucas, on the other hand, seems to think his audience remains eight years of age. He needs to be not involved in any more films & as long as he is, fans should only expect disappointment.

_____V_____ 04-29-2014 09:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Star Wars: Episode VII’ Cast Revealed

John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, and Max von Sydow will join original cast members Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, and Kenny Baker in “Star Wars: Episode VII.”

Quote:

Disney and Lucasfilm made the announcement on Tuesday, as casting speculations have run wild for months.

“We are so excited to finally share the cast of ‘Star Wars: Episode VII.’ It is both thrilling and surreal to watch the beloved original cast and these brilliant new performers come together to bring this world to life, once again,” said J.J. Abrams, who is directing the new film. “We start shooting in a couple of weeks, and everyone is doing their best to make the fans proud.”

While descriptions of characters were left out of the release, sources confirm to Variety that Driver will play a Darth Vader-like main villain, Isaac’s character will have a Han Solo look to him and Boyega will be a Jedi.

It’s unclear whom Ridley who will play, but sources have always said the children of Solo and Princess Leia would play a part in the film. Ridley could possibly play their daughter.

In a recent earnings called, Disney chief Bob Iger said this latest installment will be set 30 years after 1983′s “Return of the Jedi” and will feature new and familiar faces.

Abrams and partner Bryan Burk are producing this film through their Bad Robot banner with Kathleen Kennedy producing for Lucasfilm. Abrams and Lawrence Kasdan did a recent rewrite to the script.

Pic will bow on Dec. 18, 2015.
http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/04/2...-the-new-cast/