Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Site Suggestions/Questions (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Merging movie sections? (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66471)

Baron Von Marlon 10-21-2015 12:35 PM

Merging movie sections?

One section for horror movies with a couple of sticky topics like:

-Last seen recent horror movie.
-Last seen classic horror movie
-Last seen vintage horror movie
-Last seen non-horror movie

Just a thought...

Roiffalo 10-21-2015 01:39 PM

I can see the need for separate sections to tone down the chaos of too many topics, but it gets chaotic for finding topics at the same time. At the very least I kinda wish there was a solitary topic for last seen horror flick or something. After my comp had to go to the shop I was so bored I was watching movie after movie to add to my list, and had to go back and forth between topics for posting because they were from different years.

RavageRitual 10-21-2015 03:10 PM

Since were throwing ideas out there.....how about an extreme/underground section. That section alone can attract a whole bunch more people

and then maybe a VHS Lovers section...you know thats making a comeback big time

::devil::

Morningriser 10-21-2015 04:14 PM

What about a VHS subforum like in the Golden Age section or something? I mean I could see a VHS section being too big for a single thread but too small for a whole section.

The idea of an Underground/Extreme/Exploitation section would be awesome!

Also I don't know how the members feel about NSFW stuff but a password protected NSFW section could kick things up a bit.

Morningriser 10-21-2015 06:09 PM

I also think in the compilations and past times section it would be nice to have a sub forum for all the official HDC lists and whatnot. You have to scroll halfway down the page just to get past the sticky threads.

Angra 10-21-2015 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morningriser (Post 1003050)
What about a VHS subforum like in the Golden Age section or something? I mean I could see a VHS section being too big for a single thread but too small for a whole section.

The idea of an Underground/Extreme/Exploitation section would be awesome!

Also I don't know how the members feel about NSFW stuff but a password protected NSFW section could kick things up a bit.

What is NSFW?

Roiffalo 10-21-2015 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angra (Post 1003082)
What is NSFW?

Not Safe For Work. Stuff like sex tapes and what not that you wouldn't want your boss to catch you watching. Although I don't know why we would need such a section?

Angra 10-21-2015 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roiffalo (Post 1003084)
Not Safe For Work. Stuff like sex tapes and what not that you wouldn't want your boss to catch you watching. Although I don't know why we would need such a section?

Oh, I see..

BAN HIM!!!

Thumb resize.

hammerfan 10-22-2015 02:49 AM

Good luck with that. Can only be done by administrators, and there's none around. Only moderators.

Morningriser 10-22-2015 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angra (Post 1003088)
Oh, I see..

BAN HIM!!!

Thumb resize.

It was just a suggestion....::embarrassment::

Morningriser 10-22-2015 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hammerfan (Post 1003105)
Good luck with that. Can only be done by administrators, and there's none around. Only moderators.

Shouldn't they have appointed an admin before taking off?

hammerfan 10-22-2015 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morningriser (Post 1003115)
Shouldn't they have appointed an admin before taking off?

Only the owner, Horror, can appoint an admin. He jumped ship a LONG time ago.

tfantasy 10-22-2015 06:44 AM

I like some of the suggestions. I think one of the biggest issues is not being able to eliminate (store) all the old threads that aren't active anymore, particularly the ones that have not been used in years. It would be nice to have a non-horror section since most of us like a variety of movies.

Morningriser 10-22-2015 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tfantasy (Post 1003142)
It would be nice to have a non-horror section since most of us like a variety of movies.

Yes! I have noticed a lot of people, myself included, have posted non horror topics in horror sections because there isn't anywhere else to post them.

Couldn't some of the mods email the owner of Horror.com and ask about appointing a new admin to give the forum a "facelift"?

hammerfan 10-22-2015 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morningriser (Post 1003144)
Yes! I have noticed a lot of people, myself included, have posted non horror topics in horror sections because there isn't anywhere else to post them.

Couldn't some of the mods email the owner of Horror.com and ask about appointing a new admin to give the forum a "facelift"?

Only the owner, Horror, can appoint an admin. He jumped ship a LONG time ago.

Morningriser 10-22-2015 07:18 AM

oh ok I gotcha. How is this website still running? After so long the domain runs out. Then what?

hammerfan 10-22-2015 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morningriser (Post 1003157)
oh ok I gotcha. How is this website still running? After so long the domain runs out. Then what?

Remember when it crashed last month? The next time it happens, that'll probably be it for the site.

Morningriser 10-22-2015 07:36 AM

what about the forum? How long will the forum last?

hammerfan 10-22-2015 07:48 AM

If the site crashes with no recovery, it won't

Morningriser 10-22-2015 07:55 AM

shouldn't someone consider creating a new forum?

hammerfan 10-22-2015 09:05 AM

Go for it

Morningriser 10-22-2015 09:34 AM

I would love to own a vBulletin forum but I cant afford $250 and even then a lot more would need to go into it.

RavageRitual 10-22-2015 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hammerfan (Post 1003162)
Remember when it crashed last month? The next time it happens, that'll probably be it for the site.

Well...thats just depressing!

Morningriser 10-22-2015 12:05 PM

how would everyone feel about trying to donate some money towards a new website and forum and letting a trusted member of the forum run it? I can do graphic work and have experience in simple html but that's about it. A website along with a forum would be nice.

RavageRitual 10-22-2015 03:06 PM

id be down if it had a vhs section and an extreme horror section

Morningriser 10-22-2015 03:14 PM

Yeah those would both work. I am currently selling my ps4 on ebay and it ends tomorrow. I could put some money into it. A vBulletin forum costs $250 for a full license. As far as other costs go, web hosting would mainly be it. I would love to have a website go along with it. There could be a review section and an interview section. I got to interview Anne Rice once but I am not sure if I could find it to repost it.

Morningriser 10-22-2015 06:58 PM

Does anyone know of any other forums that are similar to vBulletin or at least give you the same or nearly the same freedom that vBulletin does?

Does anyone know who hosts this board? If I could find something where I could build a webpage around it and even on the forum pages be able to still have the main site linked at the top like it is here I might be able to make something work.

Baron Von Marlon 10-25-2015 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hammerfan (Post 1003162)

If that happens, I'm moving to Bloody Disgusting.
Maybe a moderator can message all members that in case of a permanent crash, we'll meet up there?

Quote:

Originally Posted by tfantasy (Post 1003142)
I like some of the suggestions. I think one of the biggest issues is not being able to eliminate (store) all the old threads that aren't active anymore, particularly the ones that have not been used in years. It would be nice to have a non-horror section since most of us like a variety of movies.

Then I'd suggest a sticky topic not a seperate section.

But if the forum is doomed in the long run, it doesn't matter anyway.

Morningriser 10-25-2015 05:05 PM

I am never going to BD ever again. Theres people there who I don't get along with very well.

Baron Von Marlon 10-25-2015 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morningriser (Post 1003618)
I am never going to BD ever again. Theres people there who I don't get along with very well.

Most forum's have an ignore/block option.

Roiffalo 10-25-2015 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baron Von Marlon (Post 1003612)
If that happens, I'm moving to Bloody Disgusting.
Maybe a moderator can message all members that in case of a permanent crash, we'll meet up there?

I like this idea. I'd hate to lose touch with this community after finally finding a home with fellow horror fans.