Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Upcoming Horror Movies (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   New Friday 13th Remake.....again (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64288)

TearYourSoulApart 02-25-2014 03:48 PM

New Friday 13th Remake.....again

I just heard that on March 13th, 2015, Platium Dunes is making another Friday! Some of you may or may not know this, but it is rumored to be filmed as a Found Footage film..... I dont really know if that is true or not yet, but after all its still only rumors. Tell me what you think of the idea of a found footage Friday film. In my opinion, its gonna fail, miserably.

BloodSweatAndFears 06-13-2014 08:26 PM

Friday the 13th or Friday??

Jokes.. Haha and this actually sounds interesting, we all know found footage of ghost then of course VHS but the idea of a serial legend sounds kinda cool, makes it seem almost like a true story of Jason. It can fail though and most likely will but I'm still going to watch

filth 06-15-2014 05:03 AM

I didn't particularly like the most recent Friday the 13th (2009, if I remember correctly.) So, I reckon a completely new take, being the found footage could be quite refreshing for the franchise. Although, I feel it'll either great or fail miserable, no in between. If this is the direction they choose, I actually have quite a bit of faith in it, I'm holding onto hope that this will do F13 justice!

The Villain 06-15-2014 10:21 AM

I actually think a found footage Friday The 13th would be interesting. They've already done a lot of different tropes on that series like the psychic girl one, going to space, weird possession esque movie so why not a found footage.

If it was Halloween or Nightmare on Elm Street I'd say not but found footage will work well with that franchise.

metternich1815 06-18-2014 01:10 PM

It sounds interesting. I will give it the benefit of the doubt, though I hated the 2009 reboot. Hopefully, this one will be better, if true. It may fail miserably on all counts, but I am open to them giving it a shot. I am a huge Friday the 13th fan, I own every single one ever made, including the reboot, and would even say it's my favorite horror franchise.

NightOfTheLiving_Sam 06-18-2014 01:54 PM

Sounds interesting. I wonder where they'll go with this one. =) I've seen a lot of Friday the 13th movies so I'm intrigued definitely.

oz_horror 09-04-2014 03:10 AM

The found footage aspect is at least something new to the franchise. Everything else has been done, and so if they had one last chance to make F13 cool again they may as throw caution to the wind and try something out there and new.

horcrux2007 09-04-2014 03:29 AM

I'd like a found footage Friday the 13th movie.

ImmortalSlasher 09-04-2014 09:39 AM

I would make a real Friday the 13th movie. No gimmicks. Too bad so many in Hollywood have a lack of creativity these days.

MichaelMyers 09-04-2014 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImmortalSlasher (Post 977288)
I would make a real Friday the 13th movie. No gimmicks. Too bad so many in Hollywood have a lack of creativity these days.

Say more, Jason fan: what is a "real" F13 film to you?