Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Classic Horror Movies (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   How bout Halloween 3.... (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16828)

RoLLiNLiGhTs 07-25-2005 04:24 PM

How bout Halloween 3....

What did you guys/girls think of this movie?
I thought it sucked just because of the fact it was called Halloween....I mean, no Michael Meyers????

RoLLiNLiGhTs 07-25-2005 04:51 PM

...I've been to a lot of different horror sites, and there's been mixed reviews.....humor me, what do you think of this movie......¿

filmmaker2 07-25-2005 07:23 PM

Personally I thought it was very imaginative, and a lot of fun. But I like just about anything written by Nigel Kneale.

In 1990 I spent about 2 months working at Don Post Studios where the masks were created, and saw the original molds for those things. It was a cool thing! What was it again? A pumpkin, a witch and a skull...I think the skull was already a part of their line of masks, and the other two were designed for the film.

When I first saw the film (on cable TV) it seriously freaked me and my friend out...we couldn't believe what we were seeing. In my mind I amplified the gory images, and had exaggerated memories of them for years. When I saw the film again in the mid-90's, I was surprised at how tame it had become. But it was still fun, and Stacey Nelkin was seriously cutie-cutie.

alkytrio666 07-26-2005 11:07 AM

I'll tell you one thing, it definately doesn't belong in the "classic" section.

zwoti 07-26-2005 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by alkytrio666
I'll tell you one thing, it definately doesn't belong in the "classic" section.
damn right

slasherman 07-26-2005 11:55 AM

Re: How bout Halloween 3....

Quote:

Originally posted by RoLLiNLiGhTs
no Michael Meyers
I guess the movie was ok but no Myers.. no Halloween movie...

zomb5150 07-26-2005 12:00 PM

I've seen it, I didn't think it was too bad.It was definitely different.
The scene where the boy is in front of the T.V. watching the commercial for the Shamrock mask company is kinda weird, especially when his head melts and the bugs and snakes come pouring out of his head.

g star 07-26-2005 12:15 PM

supposedly the franchise had intended to release a new "halloween" film every year at halloween. the idea was that each film would be an original idea, having nothing to do with the prequels. however, fan reaction to the lack of myers in III was so overwhelmingly negative that the studio ditched the idea and went back to MM. or so i've heard.

slasherman 07-26-2005 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by g star
supposedly the franchise had intended to release a new "halloween" film every year at halloween. the idea was that each film would be an original idea, having nothing to do with the prequels. .
could have worked...but as you know "Halloween 2" had allready established Myers as the ultimate slasher guy...

RoLLiNLiGhTs 07-26-2005 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by slasherman
could have worked...but as you know "Halloween 2" had allready established Myers as the ultimate slasher guy...
No doubt...Slasherman...
I might have liked it, if I wasn't waiting to see Meyers drive a butcher knife through someone's skull.....