Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Latest Horror Movies (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Recent Acquisitions. (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11318)

urgeok 07-06-2005 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by newb
I just read in the paper today that Wal-Mart and Target are going to start thinning out there VHS sections. There only gonna carry new release's and big budget films on Vhs.So you might wanna look for deals there.

I myself have become a DVD snob.....i won't watch anything on VHS.

i WAS a dvd/laserdisc snob until recently ..
my really nice Sony VHS died finally .. i guess it had been dying all along because it wasnt tracking worth a shit ..
i stuck a backup unit in there and bingo - all of my tapes are playing great now.

i still buy oddball vhs tapes when i find them ..

filmmaker2 07-06-2005 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by urgeok
i actually saw it ("The Legend of Hillbilly John") in the theatre when it came out.
i bet you'll never run into 2 people in your lifetime that could claim that.

You're probably right. This movie is so obscure, I was expecting it to be dark and grainy, like an older copy of "Lemora" or "Putney Swope," but I was surprised to find it to be a nicely photographed film with good sound and good effects, considering the budget.

By golly, it's even got Susan Strasberg and Severn Darden ("I think the young people enjoy it when I 'get down,' verbally, don't you?").

urgeok 07-06-2005 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by filmmaker2
You're probably right. This movie is so obscure, I was expecting it to be dark and grainy, like an older copy of "Lemora" or "Putney Swope," but I was surprised to find it to be a nicely photographed film with good sound and good effects, considering the budget.

By golly, it's even got Susan Strasberg and Severn Darden ("I think the young people enjoy it when I 'get down,' verbally, don't you?").

i bought a used copy on laserdisc ... then bought it again still brand new- shrinkwrapped - when i saw it on ebay going for a couple of bucks ..
I know it's crazy but i couldnt believe no one was bidding on it :)

AUSTIN316426808 07-06-2005 11:47 PM

Dear Frankie

I've never heard of it and don't know anybody in it...gf saw it and wanted it which probably means it's some sappy love story.

AUSTIN316426808 07-07-2005 10:44 AM

Way of the Samurai 2(vg)

barbra 07-07-2005 10:54 AM

lately Ive been spending my extra entertainment money on music. Yesterday I bought..

radiohead- kid A (for the thrid time)
Cee Lo- the soul machine
Ficherspooner- Odyssey

friday13thfan 07-07-2005 11:50 AM

dawn of the dead unrated (reamake VHS)

Yellow Jacket 07-07-2005 01:03 PM

Seed of Chucky Unrated DVD
WWE Backlash 2005 DVD
Scary Movie 2 VHS

42ndStreetFreak 07-07-2005 01:43 PM

"The Deep"
"The Sweeney" - season 2