Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Classic Horror Movies (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Final Destination... (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26163)

Phalanx 11-15-2006 02:29 PM

Final Destination...

Just watching the first one now (the girl bought the "thrillogy" box set), IMO the best of the lot...the second was almost as good, the third I found somewhat lacking...and the absence of Tony Todd in all but voice...annoying. None of them "sucked", but I think the series has been on a slight decline.
The victims/events in the first two films were related in a roundabout kinda way, and I liked that a lot...the third seemed to ditch this concept as well...either way, enough about all that.

So, IMO the first one is pretty cool, it was scary, the concept was relatively original, and the cast and storyline was my favourite. So, just now sitting through this one again...first time in ages.
Got to thinking about the whole "deaths design" thing. The main character guy (?Alex?), the one who has the initial premonition...at any point, was he safe? At what point did the actual "design" begin? when he got onto the plane in the first place?
In this case it would seem the premonition was a little late...so, if he'd just decided for no apparent reason to not get on the plane, or cancelled the trip prior to going to the airport, would he have still been on the "list"?
I mean, if it was only people that were "meant" to be on the plane, what decides who was "meant" to be on the plane? I mean...the ones that got off, feath still went after them, even though fate initially took them off the plane?
So...again, at what point was the "safe zone" passed?
I thought it may have been when the ticket was checked, they seemed to put emphasis on that...any thoughts?
Probably just thinking too much...

The_Return 11-15-2006 02:31 PM

Yep...you're thinking too much:p

I really enjoyed the first one, but havent bothered with the sequels yet. Soon...

The Mothman 11-15-2006 05:18 PM

I own the 2nd one, have seen the 1st, havnt seen the 3rd...ive heard its trash...still sounds fun though supposedly they amped up the gore.

Jameslofton 11-15-2006 07:39 PM

First two were great. Third one was boring. The idea has become stale. Just like Saw, it has run out of ideas to keep it fresh.

Final Destination(or Saw) do not need anymore sequels.

The Mothman 11-15-2006 07:46 PM

i think final destination is done with sequels....saw however, is not.:mad:

urgeok 11-15-2006 08:23 PM

i didnt like the 1st one .. found it lacking in imagination ...aimed more at young teens.

part 2 was insane - loved it - easily the best of the 3

part 3 had some good scenes ... the rollercoaster, the train ...
i liked it better than 1 but not as much as 2

Vodstok 11-15-2006 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by urgeok (Post 509370)
i didnt like the 1st one .. found it lacking in imagination ...aimed more at young teens.

part 2 was insane - loved it - easily the best of the 3

part 3 had some good scenes ... the rollercoaster, the train ...
i liked it better than 1 but not as much as 2

I liked 2 a lot as well.

i liked 1 also, though the teacher's death was both richly deserved and probably the best rube goldberg death ever.

The actress who played the teacher played a very anooyng character with multple personality disorder on the xfiles. I think she was fucking duchovny at the time, so she got the job....

the_real_linda 11-15-2006 11:56 PM

i thought the second one lacked but its an awsome film just has a diffrent feel to it.....but the original team james wong and the like came back for the 3rd and was a great film. its cool that 3 films came out of a rejected x-files idea

PR3SSUR3 11-16-2006 04:04 PM

All Alex's life led up to the moment he had his dream/premonition, and from that point he wrestled his fate from death as it was designed for him.

Spallalala 11-17-2006 01:57 AM

Yeah 1 has to be my fav. The 2nd was also cool. The 3rd tripped me out at the begginning cos I was so stoned when we went to the movies ahah..Was making me dizzy at one point too.
All good either way. And pretty cheap to buy.