Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Events & Happenings (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Metternich 1815's Halloween Horror Movie Marathon: October 2015 (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66271)

metternich1815 09-02-2015 11:51 AM

Metternich 1815's Halloween Horror Movie Marathon: October 2015

As I am sure most of you are aware, the Halloween season is fast approaching. In preparation for this, I have decided to prepare my movie watchlist for the month itself in an annual event that I like to call the 31 Days of Halloween or, alternately, my Halloween Horror Movie Marathon.

During this marathon, I watch one horror movie each day in the month of October and then end the marathon with a Halloween double feature. The month will also be divided into different themes. Each of these themes will include four movies spanning over four days. The relevant categories are listed below. For the last seven days, I have chosen films that are either set around the Halloween season or have a very Halloween feel or relevance to them.

I do not plan this to be any kind of a formal event, simply something that I am just doing myself. Feel free to respond with your own plans for the Halloween season. I would be interested to hear which films you are interested in or make a tradition to watch every year.

Note: All films are the originals unless otherwise noted and I may revise this list, as necessary, at some point.

Stephen King:

October 1: Children of the Corn
October 2: Christine
October 3: The Shining
October 4: Pet Sematary

Zombies:

October 5: Night of the Living Dead
October 6: Dawn of the Dead
October 7: Day of the Dead
October 8: Return of the Living Dead

Vampires and Werewolves:

October 9: Dracula
October 10: Fright Night
October 11: The Wolf Man
October 12: The Howling

Serial Killers:

October 13: Friday the 13th
October 14: The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
October 15: A Nightmare on Elm Street
October 16: Scream

Horror From Beyond the Stars:

October 17: Alien
October 18: John Carpenter's The Thing
October 19: Predator
October 20: Invasion of the Body Snatchers

Demons and Ghosts:

October 21: The Evil Dead
October 22: The Exorcist
October 23: The Haunting
October 24: The Amityville Horror

The Final Seven Days of Halloween:

October 25: The Cabin in the Woods
October 26: Pumpkinhead
October 27: Dark Night of the Scarecrow
October 28: Ginger Snaps
October 29: Night of the Demons
October 30: Trick r Treat
October 31: Halloween I and II

I hope you all have a great Halloween season!

hammerfan 09-02-2015 12:04 PM

I'm going to join in as much as possible! Not sure about The Exorcist, though....

metternich1815 09-02-2015 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hammerfan (Post 999945)
I'm going to join in as much as possible! Not sure about The Exorcist, though....

Do you consider it too scary or were you just never a big fan.

hammerfan 09-02-2015 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by metternich1815 (Post 999946)
Do you consider it too scary or were you just never a big fan.

It still - to this day - scares the crap out of me! But, I'll give it another go.

BTW, I've been able to find all but the following:

Christine
Dawn of the Dead
Dracula (unless you're OK with me watching a different Dracula, say, Hammer?)
The Haunting

MichaelMyers 09-02-2015 01:07 PM

Metternich:

A solid list, though, I think several films should be viewed on Halloween. What hour of the day do you assign for watching horror?

Straker 09-02-2015 01:31 PM

Looks like a fun list.... Shame you cant squeeze a little bit of Fulci (Zombi 2) into your zombie week though.

Roiffalo 09-02-2015 01:31 PM

Werewolves and leeches sharing a list. I do not approve, but in your last 7 days you have Trick 'R Treat and Ginger Snaps so that will do. I would certainly tune in. Is this a private thing or will you be streaming?

MichaelMyers 09-02-2015 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roiffalo (Post 999953)
Werewolves and leeches sharing a list. I do not approve, but in your last 7 days you have Trick 'R Treat and Ginger Snaps so that will do. I would certainly tune in. Is this a private thing or will you be streaming?

My understanding is this is an "event & happening" that will be livestreamed on HDC.

metternich1815 09-02-2015 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hammerfan (Post 999947)
It still - to this day - scares the crap out of me! But, I'll give it another go.

BTW, I've been able to find all but the following:

Christine
Dawn of the Dead
Dracula (unless you're OK with me watching a different Dracula, say, Hammer?)
The Haunting

That is very interesting. I have never been much scared by it, but I definitely think it is a classic and so worthy of inclusion. That is amazing you were able to find all of those. I actually own them all myself, but you know I have quite a large horror movie collection.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelMyers (Post 999948)
Metternich:

A solid list, though, I think several films should be viewed on Halloween. What hour of the day do you assign for watching horror?

Thank you. I do not have a specific hour. Likely in the evening sometime (I am in the Central Time Zone, by the way).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Straker (Post 999952)
Looks like a fun list.... Shame you cant squeeze a little bit of Fulci (Zombi 2) into your zombie week though.

Yeah, that is true. Fulci is great and there were several zombie films that I debated on including, but figured that the Dead trilogy followed by the fun Return of the Living Dead would be a good option. There is always next year.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roiffalo (Post 999953)

Lol. Yeah, I just wanted to ensure maximum variety and inclusion of a range of horror movies.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelMyers (Post 999956)
My understanding is this is an "event & happening" that will be livestreamed on HDC.

Lol...unfortunately no. I was not quite sure which category to place it under and this seemed to make the most sense as it is an event of sorts.

Repo'd 09-02-2015 02:34 PM

Terrific titles on your schedule, Met! Quite a few of those make my Halloween must watch list as well. My work week allows me to watch a lot of Horror every month, but the spirit of the season always moves me to amp up my viewing even more. I always start with The Thing(1951) on October 1st. It's in my all time top ten for scifi/horror and feels like the best way to get in the proper mood. Beyond that, I really don't prepare a list of what I will watch and when, but here's a few flicks that I watch AT LEAST once every October.

Trick r Treat
A Nightmare Before Christmas
Night Of The Demons (1988)
Psycho
Tons of the Universal monster movies, with an emphasis on the Wolfman and Frankenstein franchises
Blood Feast
Nosferatu (1922 and 1979)
A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)
Curse of the Werewolf
Scream
Suspiria
Night of the Living Dead (1968)
Evil Dead (all incarnations)
Ringu
The Beyond
The Driller Killer
The Haunting (1963)
The House on Haunted Hill (1959)
Theater of Blood
May
Phantom of the Paradise
Wow, there's a ton of 'em I haven't even mentioned...I'll just say I watch more horror than anyone I know in the month of Halloween

One last thing, I ALWAYS watch Halloween (1978) on the 31st. ALWAYS.::devil::