Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Site Announcements (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Welcome your *NEWEST* moderator! (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65540)

_____V_____ 01-09-2015 08:59 PM

Welcome your *NEWEST* moderator!

I give you the newest addition to the moderation team.

Please rise and put your hands together for...

CHEEBACHEEBA!

This was my last job as super-mod. I am stepping down from all moderating/administrative duties, effective immediately.

vampyd1977 01-10-2015 02:03 AM

awww sorry to hear that, you still gonna be floating about entertaining us? :)

cheebacheeba 01-10-2015 02:40 AM

Wait, what happened there?

hammerfan 01-10-2015 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _____V_____ (Post 985837)
I give you the newest addition to the moderation team.

Please rise and put your hands together for...

CHEEBACHEEBA!

This was my last job as super-mod. I am stepping down from all moderating/administrative duties, effective immediately.

Is anyone stepping in?

MichaelMyers 01-10-2015 09:31 AM

Who has admin powers now? Heavy weighs the crown, apparently....

Thanks for the new smiley btw...::devil::

sfear 01-10-2015 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _____V_____ (Post 985837)

Bummer! I now remember how I felt when I heard The Beatles were breaking up. Some things should just never end.::sad::

cheebacheeba 01-11-2015 03:28 AM

Well guys, I'm not really sure how or why this has happened.
I know some of you, though it's been quite some time since I've been an active member. I never really left, and always check in, but yeah...at this point in time it's definitely the least active I've been here in a while.

Not sure what happened with V, as he hasn't sent me any kind of correspondence.
I have to admit I'm not certain about any of the things I can, or I'm supposed to be able to do...it appears from looking that I can edit posts, merge things, hand out infractions, and that's about it.

Unsure if there's any kind of expectations, requests or whatever.
I can't say I'm going to frequent the place a hell of a lot more than I currently do, but I'll try to stick my head in here and there, join the odd discussion and I don't know, try to stop any overflow of BS.

If there's any suggestions, feel free to put them in here or message me.

Angra 01-15-2015 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheebacheeba (Post 985910)

If there's any suggestions, feel free to put them in here or message me.

Yea, could you make this thread a sticky?

http://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65544

ImmortalSlasher 01-15-2015 07:22 PM

Odd that V would just take off. I liked those events that I participated in.

Angra 01-15-2015 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angra (Post 986293)
Yea, could you make this thread a sticky?

http://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65544

Thanks to whoever did it. ::smile::

Angra 01-16-2015 05:49 PM

V has banned himself, wtf???

What the hell is going on here? ::confused::

The Villain 01-17-2015 06:01 PM

No offense to Cheeba but it seems like to be a moderator around here you have to be a member whose barely here

cheebacheeba 01-17-2015 06:03 PM

None taken.
Hey, I agree with you. I imagine I'll be doing precious little here except for maybe being in another time zone, if I happen to come across some issues at times others aren't available, I may be able to act on them.
I see where you're coming from though, but it's not like I applied or anything...

The Villain 01-17-2015 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheebacheeba (Post 986442)
None taken.
Hey, I agree with you. I imagine I'll be doing precious little here except for maybe being in another time zone, if I happen to come across some issues at times others aren't available, I may be able to act on them.
I see where you're coming from though, but it's not like I applied or anything...

Oh i know that, my post wasn't supposed to be directed at you. Just something i noticed. NE's gone, ChronoGrl's never here anymore, I can't remember the last time i saw Fortunato. Straker's here every once in awhile and does anyone even know who Zwoti is?

V's random return and then disappearing act was just strange. He said he only came back to appoint a new moderator but if so why did he try to continue some of his incomplete threads?

Anyway i'm sure you'll do a good job and at least it was someone whose been here for awhile.

Angra 01-17-2015 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheebacheeba (Post 986442)

Actually you did. It's just a long time ago now. ::wink::

And you doing precious little might be enough to keep this place running as HDC has been a calm and friendly place for quite some time now.

cheebacheeba 01-17-2015 08:22 PM

Quote:

does anyone even know who Zwoti is?
He was just one of us posters, I think he was posting in here a bit before me...though we're talking about, like turn of the century type time when I signed up in my original incarnation, though yeah, I think he stopped frequenting the site even before I did, and you can see how long since I've been properly around.
As I recall he was the first to get any kind of moderator status around here.
Could be wrong though.

Quote:

Actually you did. It's just a long time ago now
Hm, ok. Probably for vindictive purposes if it was back in the day...darth whatever, few issues with some guy sedatedsomething...may have thought it would be fun.

Quote:

And you doing precious little might be enough to keep this place running as HDC has been a calm and friendly place for quite some time now.
Well yeah, about that much is planned.
Though yeah while I can try to stick my head in a little more, I can't say I'm going to be running comps or anything like that. I'll probably just try to keep things tidy, unspammy and somewhat trouble free if I can.

Angra 01-17-2015 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheebacheeba (Post 986453)

Well yeah, about that much is planned.
Though yeah while I can try to stick my head in a little more, I can't say I'm going to be running comps or anything like that. I'll probably just try to keep things tidy, unspammy and somewhat trouble free if I can.

And that ought to be enough.

If you go all in as moderator you just risk burning out like the rest of them.

hammerfan 01-18-2015 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Villain (Post 986440)
No offense to Cheeba but it seems like to be a moderator around here you have to be a member whose barely here

I had the same thought. I offered to be a mod.....you see where that led. ::stick out tongue::

Straker 01-18-2015 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Villain (Post 986444)
Straker's here every once in awhile...

If its any consolation, I log in probably 5 or 6 times a week, but I only post when I have something I want to say. That's how its always been with me too... If anyone has an issue that needs a moderators attention they can PM me and I will most likely respond inside 48 hours.

For the most part we have an awesome community that pretty much takes care of itself and these days with facebook and twitter and all the other ways people interact online, forums really aren't all that popular. Most of the Mods are long time members who were, at one time or another, regular posters. They do their best, but life moves on and often so do they. With the lack of any kind of administration, development or direction for this site, its always going to be on the brink of disappearing, so personally, I'd just make the most of it while its here.

The Villain 01-18-2015 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Straker (Post 986475)
If its any consolation, I log in probably 5 or 6 times a week, but I only post when I have something I want to say. That's how its always been with me too... If anyone has an issue that needs a moderators attention they can PM me and I will most likely respond inside 48 hours.

For the most part we have an awesome community that pretty much takes care of itself and these days with facebook and twitter and all the other ways people interact online, forums really aren't all that popular. Most of the Mods are long time members who were, at one time or another, regular posters. They do their best, but life moves on and often so do they. With the lack of any kind of administration, development or direction for this site, its always going to be on the brink of disappearing, so personally, I'd just make the most of it while its here.

That wasn't an insult to you just so you know. I meant it more as you're the only one i see around here. Hell i'm not here much anymore either so i'm not really one to comment, its just how it seemed to me.

DeadbeatAtDawn 01-18-2015 11:57 AM

I refuse to let the 'Forum' die. I feel it will return again, everything old becomes new again.

I dislike FaceBook groups, they are lazy. In a forum it's more intimate, {as intimate you can get on the internet} conversations develop. You can also showcase a great film, your favorite film, and start amazing conversations about it. Post pictures, trailers, information and really give it star treatment, like a film deserves.

I started my own Forum, 2013, it will be 2 years old this Feb. I have 400 members in which{outside my mods and admins} I have about 7 members that post everyday, regularly. It's gonna take a long time to establish a following. I'm not giving up.

::love::

Straker 01-18-2015 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Villain (Post 986491)
That wasn't an insult to you just so you know.

I know, I didn't take it that way either.... Just wanted to let people know that even when I haven't got much to say I still stick my head in here most days to see what's going on. ::cool::

vampyd1977 01-18-2015 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Straker (Post 986495)
I know, I didn't take it that way either.... Just wanted to let people know that even when I haven't got much to say I still stick my head in here most days to see what's going on. ::cool::

i come on sereral times a day, i love being part of this community, as long as theres horror to be watched, read and listened to i`ll be here.

Angra 01-18-2015 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vampyd1977 (Post 986499)
as long as theres horror to be watched, read and listened to i`ll be here.

Wherever there is injustice, you will find us.
Wherever there is suffering, we'll be there.
Wherever liberty is threatened, you will find...
The Three Amigos!!

MichaelMyers 01-25-2015 06:25 AM

Now I can slowly begin catching V's post count.

Oh and don't think he's gone. So long as "Marley's Ghost" is still floating around...::EEK!::

It is somewhat ironic that it's often the moderators who need moderation! ::big grin::

The Villain 01-25-2015 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelMyers (Post 986728)
Now I can slowly begin catching V's post count.

Oh and don't think he's gone. So long as "Marley's Ghost" is still floating around...::EEK!::

It is somewhat ironic that it's often the moderators who need moderation! ::big grin::

I thought Marley's Ghost was Newb

MichaelMyers 01-25-2015 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Villain (Post 986734)
I thought Marley's Ghost was Newb

newb is/was a lot of things but a poet...?

anglewitch 01-26-2015 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angra (Post 986362)
V has banned himself, wtf???

What the hell is going on here? ::confused::

Yeah what the hell !!!!????

MichaelMyers 01-26-2015 01:22 PM

Now hearing from a reliable source that ALL of the moderating team has collectively decided to leave HDC....and will not return!

This is now an unmoderated forum.

Cat's away... ::devil:: ::devil:: ::devil:: ::stick out tongue::

Straker 01-26-2015 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelMyers (Post 986782)
Now hearing from a reliable source that ALL of the moderating team has collectively decided to leave HDC....and will not return!

http://i.imgur.com/iUwYf96.gif

Angra 01-26-2015 11:50 PM

Quote:

Ridiculous..

I do believe Straker and Cheeba will be around for a little while longer tho.

anglewitch 01-27-2015 11:18 AM

Quote:

Awe man what the hell!!! We got to at least have someone keeping the peace on the forum. (sniff) ::sad::

anglewitch 01-30-2015 06:32 AM

Man, I guess all the moderators are tied up in a broom closet in the dark corner of what we call the twilight zone.

ImmortalSlasher 01-31-2015 09:54 AM

Strange. Did all the moderators start a Facebook group? It's just strange how people left this place without reason for who knows where.

MichaelMyers 01-31-2015 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImmortalSlasher (Post 986995)
Strange. Did all the moderators start a Facebook group? It's just strange how people left this place without reason for who knows where.

It's like we woke up one morning and they vanished. A good recipe for a horror ::devil::

Angra 01-31-2015 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelMyers (Post 986997)
It's like we woke up one morning and they vanished. A good recipe for a horror ::devil::

And it looks like they took Roshiq with them. Assholes.. ::mad::

anglewitch 01-31-2015 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angra (Post 986999)
And it looks like they took Roshiq with them. Assholes.. ::mad::

Yeah, it looks as if they weren't going to leave empty handed.

vampyd1977 01-31-2015 01:19 PM

surely an unmoderated forum is just asking for trouble?? this could be carnage.

Angra 01-31-2015 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vampyd1977 (Post 987002)

Relax, there's still mods around lurking.

anglewitch 02-01-2015 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vampyd1977 (Post 987002)

Yeah like I said a few posts ago, WHO IS GOING TO KEEP TO THE PEACE ON THE FORUM!!!! Where the heck is that chabacheeba when you need him.

Hello!! Get you butt back on the forum same goes for all you other moderators!!!