Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Horror.com General Forum (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Dave Bautista (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68852)

cheebacheeba 04-07-2019 10:59 PM

Dave Bautista

Every time I see this guy pop up in whatever direct to video looking movie...I just keep thinking, can we stop trying to make him a thing?
He's not the next Rock.
Just fuck him off already.

Morningriser 04-08-2019 04:49 AM

Triple H kicked his ass at WrestleMania last night. That whole pay-per-view was a shining turd though. It just goes to show how bad wrestling has gotten. But yeah, Bautista is quite annoying. He plays an idiot pretty well though.

Bloof 04-08-2019 05:15 AM

Out of the two though ( Rock and Bautista), I find Bautista to be the more menacing-looking tough guy. Didnt take much to the Rock even when he mainly wrestled. Seemed a bit of a buffoon. The last time I enjoyed a wrestler in a movie was Rowdy Roddy Piper in They Live.

hammerfan 04-08-2019 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bloof (Post 1037712)
Out of the two though ( Rock and Bautista), I find Bautista to be the more menacing-looking tough guy. Didnt take much to the Rock even when he mainly wrestled. Seemed a bit of a buffoon. The last time I enjoyed a wrestler in a movie was Rowdy Roddy Piper in They Live.

Yes! Roddy was awesome in that movie! All of Dwayne Johnson's performances seem very stiff and mechanical. l like Dave Bautista as Drax.

DeadbeatAtDawn 04-08-2019 06:43 AM

I like him. ::love::

Elvis_Christ 04-08-2019 10:05 AM

Bautista's fuckin' solid. His loss at Wrestlemania shows how backwards WWE has got. He could've had a decent 6 month run or a part time Lesnar role and made the company bank.... instead HHH is to much of a poser to take a loss. That storyline had some real heat but was pissed away. As for his straight to video stuff... no worse than most lower budget horror stuff trying to gain traction with some bigger names attached. 4 outta 5 suck then there's a underground gem... no different than Michael Jai White.

Morningriser 04-08-2019 11:44 AM

Did anyone watch that wrestling match last night though? I mean despite it being a predetermined and choreographed wrestling match, anyone who knows wrestling, knows Triple H has the ego that doesn't really allow him to lose very often and has been known to throw others under the bus and questionable occurrences that caused real life injuries. For a moment I thought he was trying to purposely ruin Batista considering the way he was treating him. Regardless, I have nothing against the guy personally but I wouldn't count on him being the nicest man behind the scenes.

cheebacheeba 04-08-2019 02:51 PM

Yeah I haven't watched any wrestling of any kind really since WCW was a thing, at the time I watched them both.
I've only really seen snippets of Bautista in this regard.

His acting is...I dunno I think it's pretty atrocious.
It worked for Guardians, I get that...though the rest? It's like they've got the guy that plays the henchman (not just on account of his size) and thrown him into roles...to me most of the time it just seems like quite unremarkable.
And he's in SO many.

The Rock, I don't mind though I wouldn't say he's that much higher caliber anyway, just seems to have struck a good balance between action and kid friendly...and the movies he's in just don't seem to be quite...as shit?

Probably sick of them both if I'm honest.

BudMan 04-08-2019 03:31 PM

I'm really only familiar with him from the Guardians movies. I like him in them.

cheebacheeba 04-08-2019 03:46 PM

Me too.