Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Music (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Last Purchased Album (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51175)

Elvis_Christ 06-03-2009 05:30 PM

Yeh Velvet Revolver are pretty lame. I think I would've got into 'em more if Layne Staley was the front man (but that sadly couldn't happen) I can't stand that STP guy. Those guys just sound like your typical boring radio rock band. Shits got no balls like their other stuff. Have you heard the Hollywood Rose CD? Its pretty mean some great tunes on there... kinda sounds like Judas Priest at times, totally killer demo.

Elvis_Christ 06-03-2009 05:31 PM

LP:

THE ANIMALS - s/t (1964) - REGAL/EMI
THE ANIMALS - s/t (1965) - REGAL/EMI

Cassette:

GUNS N' ROSES - Appetite For Destruction

Posher778 06-03-2009 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ (Post 811559)
Yeh Velvet Revolver are pretty lame. I think I would've got into 'em more if Layne Staley was the front man (but that sadly couldn't happen) I can't stand that STP guy. Those guys just sound like your typical boring radio rock band. Shits got no balls like their other stuff. Have you heard the Hollywood Rose CD? Its pretty mean some great tunes on there... kinda sounds like Judas Priest at times, totally killer demo.

Velvet Revolver has always just been 'ok' to me. I might have gone through a phase of giving them too much play, but all in all, nothing special. I definitely don't think i'd miss them if they quit playing or anything, but I enjoy Contraband for the good tunes on it (Sucker Train Blues, Do It For the Kids, Big Machine, Illegal I Song, Slither, Fall to Pieces) but other than that... meh.

I will say, Velvet Revolver is a good band to see live. Made for a decent rock show that didn't cost too much.

Elvis_Christ 06-03-2009 06:05 PM

My friend whose obsessed with GN'R went to see 'em and thought it was a dope show. I was just hoping for something a little more old school sounding. I listened to Contraband a bit when it came out but it never grew on me.

I don't know modern rock never really grabs me these days. It kinda peaked in the 90s and just became derivative and by the numbers. Shit like Bush, Live and Creed really hammered in the final nail into the coffin.

Posher778 06-03-2009 06:21 PM

FUCK Creed.

Jacob Singer 06-04-2009 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ (Post 811559)

Hollywood Rose? Crazy stuff very funny. Axl screams like he was insane (well he is insane but for other reasons)

Elvis_Christ 06-05-2009 04:01 AM

Cassette:
METALLICA - Master Of Puppets
HUSKER DU - Flip Your Wig
GUNS N' ROSES - GN'R Lies

Elvis_Christ 06-07-2009 04:23 PM

LP:
VANILLA FUDGE - The Beat Goes On
VANILLA FUDGE - Near The Beginning

7":
BLUE CHEER - Summertime Blues/Out Of Focus
THE SURFARIS - Wipe Out/Surfer Joe

No thanks to the fucking postman who threw the package around and bent the covers... asshole :(

The_Return 06-07-2009 06:24 PM

CD:

Graceland - Paul Simon
Surfer Rosa - The Pixies

newb 06-07-2009 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ (Post 812484)
LP:
VANILLA FUDGE - The Beat Goes On
VANILLA FUDGE - Near The Beginning

7":
BLUE CHEER - Summertime Blues/Out Of Focus
THE SURFARIS - Wipe Out/Surfer Joe

No thanks to the fucking postman who threw the package around and bent the covers... asshole :(

going "old school" there..........cool :cool: