Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Music (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Last Purchased Album (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51175)

Elvis_Christ 05-25-2009 03:50 AM

Last Purchased Album

Posher did this awhile back but I'm gonna try this again...

A couple of packages hit my doorstep this morning containing:

LP:
JOHNNY CASH - The Walls Of A Prison
THE BLASTING CONCEPT - 80s SST Records comp featuring Black Flag, Minutemen, Husker Du among others.
THE KINGSMEN - In Person
SHOCKER - Soundtrack
THE DAMNED - Best Of

and a trip to the bargin bins had me walking away with:

CD:
SLAYER - Seasons In The Abyss
JUDAS PRIEST - British Steel

@ the MODS... could we sticky this maybe? Thanks, E_C

urgeok2 05-25-2009 08:26 AM

i picked up one by a canadian band : The Watchmen, for 50 cents at a garage sale on saturday :)

Zero 05-25-2009 05:53 PM

soundtrack for THE READER

The_Return 05-25-2009 06:53 PM

Whoops - just posted in the main Acquisitions thread, hadn't seen this one yet.

Both on CD:

- These Streets by Paulo Nutini
- More Best Of... by Leonard Cohen

Elvis_Christ 05-28-2009 01:39 AM

CD:

GHOSTFACE KILLAH - The Big Doe Rehab

Posher778 05-28-2009 02:25 AM

Bad Brains- I Against I

Well... It definitely isn't the self titled, that's for sure.

Elvis_Christ 05-28-2009 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Posher778 (Post 809942)
Bad Brains- I Against I

Well... It definitely isn't the self titled, that's for sure.

Yeh I never got into that one as much as the self titled but who knows I'll probably get into it if I pick it up again.

Noah 05-29-2009 06:07 PM

21st Century Breakdown by Green Day

Elvis_Christ 05-30-2009 02:26 AM

Cassette:

GUNS N' ROSES - Use Your Illusion I
GUNS N' ROSES - Use Your Illusion II
RAMONES - Mondo Bizarro

Jacob Singer 06-01-2009 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ (Post 810505)
Cassette:

GUNS N' ROSES - Use Your Illusion I
GUNS N' ROSES - Use Your Illusion II
RAMONES - Mondo Bizarro

Interestin'....If someone told me this I probably don't pay atention, but isn't Use your Illusion too "comercial" for you dude?

Well last Cd that I paid for, Heaven and Hell: The devil you know

Dante'sInferno 06-01-2009 08:38 AM

I really want this. Depeche Mode - Sounds of the Universe (box-set)
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h2...Deluxe_Box.jpg

They've become one of my favorite bands.

bloody_ribcut 06-01-2009 08:40 AM

what is that symbol? looks like a sun.

Dante'sInferno 06-01-2009 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bloody_ribcut (Post 810988)
what is that symbol? looks like a sun.

That's the album artwork. A circle with allot of lines running through it. Pretty cool huh?

Elvis_Christ 06-01-2009 01:16 PM

That set looks pretty impressive Dante! I never really listened to a hell of a lot of those guys I'll have to check some out. My girlfriend is a big fan.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacob Singer (Post 810935)
Interestin'....If someone told me this I probably don't pay atention, but isn't Use your Illusion too "comercial" for you dude?

Nope. I listen to a bunch of "mainstream" rock stuff like this from time to time. GN'R are a bit overplayed for me but I like to listen to 'em every now and then especially Use Your Illusion I for the Duff McKagen tunes.

Elvis_Christ 06-01-2009 01:19 PM

7":

VANILLA FUDGE - Some Velvet Morning / People :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
ZAGER & EVANS - In The Year 2525 / Little Kids
ARTHUR BROWN - Fire / I Put A Spell On You
GEORGIE FAME & THE BLUE FLAMES - Yeh Yeh / Get Away
THE MOVE - Night Of Fear / The Disturbance

Jacob Singer 06-01-2009 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ (Post 811052)
That set looks pretty impressive Dante! I never really listened to a hell of a lot of those guys I'll have to check some out. My girlfriend is a big fan.

Nope. I listen to a bunch of "mainstream" rock stuff like this from time to time. GN'R are a bit overplayed for me but I like to listen to 'em every now and then especially Use Your Illusion I for the Duff McKagen tunes.

Hey I allways think that the only gunners with real attitude were Izzy and Duff.

Elvis_Christ 06-01-2009 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacob Singer (Post 811076)
Hey I allways think that the only gunners with real attitude were Izzy and Duff.

Totally they both got the 70s NY punked out rock n' roll thing down.... Dead Boys as fuck! Duff is a really talented musician crazy how GN'R was like his 10th band or something :cool: Dust n' Bones is a really overlooked tune and easily one of my favorite tunes by those cats.

I used to really like his first solo album have to grab it and give it another spin and see how it holds up. Briefly heard Izzy's solo stuff so don't remember to much about it...

Whatever happened to Izzy? Seems like he kinda burnt himself out.

You heard Adler's Appetite? I was wondering what that'd be like. Sounds like a bit of a glam rock trainwreck :p

Dante'sInferno 06-01-2009 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ (Post 811052)

Yeah, they're great! Check them out. My favorite song by them right now is John The Revelator released on the Playing the angel album. They're amazing live, so much damn energy. Here's them playing Personal Jesus:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNrbiZoKQLU

Hope you enjoy.

Elvis_Christ 06-02-2009 06:41 PM

12" Single:
METALLICA - Creeping Death

Pretty happy with that one. It was cheap and I expected it to be beat up but it arrived and was near mint :cool:

Jacob Singer 06-03-2009 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ (Post 811086)
Totally they both got the 70s NY punked out rock n' roll thing down.... Dead Boys as fuck! Duff is a really talented musician crazy how GN'R was like his 10th band or something :cool: Dust n' Bones is a really overlooked tune and easily one of my favorite tunes by those cats.

I used to really like his first solo album have to grab it and give it another spin and see how it holds up. Briefly heard Izzy's solo stuff so don't remember to much about it...

Whatever happened to Izzy? Seems like he kinda burnt himself out.

You heard Adler's Appetite? I was wondering what that'd be like. Sounds like a bit of a glam rock trainwreck :p

I think that the album that Duff did with Neurotic Outsiders was great, pure fun and more punk than the Spaggetti incident. Even the first album of Loaded rocks!

Izzy, yep he gets burnt, and its sad: the first album with the Ju Ju hounds was great (mix the faces with something from NY dolls and that's it). The cover of preasure drop was great, better than the clash cover. But now he just want to sell his solo albums on itunes and make some tours on Japan...the only think good it's that he reject the offer to became a member of Velvet Revolver (what a fake band)
I can't listen to Adler's apetite, 'cause is very har d to remember that Stevo was part of GnR and now is just a ....well a shadow of hisself.

Elvis_Christ 06-03-2009 06:30 PM

Yeh Velvet Revolver are pretty lame. I think I would've got into 'em more if Layne Staley was the front man (but that sadly couldn't happen) I can't stand that STP guy. Those guys just sound like your typical boring radio rock band. Shits got no balls like their other stuff. Have you heard the Hollywood Rose CD? Its pretty mean some great tunes on there... kinda sounds like Judas Priest at times, totally killer demo.

Elvis_Christ 06-03-2009 06:31 PM

LP:

THE ANIMALS - s/t (1964) - REGAL/EMI
THE ANIMALS - s/t (1965) - REGAL/EMI

Cassette:

GUNS N' ROSES - Appetite For Destruction

Posher778 06-03-2009 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ (Post 811559)
Yeh Velvet Revolver are pretty lame. I think I would've got into 'em more if Layne Staley was the front man (but that sadly couldn't happen) I can't stand that STP guy. Those guys just sound like your typical boring radio rock band. Shits got no balls like their other stuff. Have you heard the Hollywood Rose CD? Its pretty mean some great tunes on there... kinda sounds like Judas Priest at times, totally killer demo.

Velvet Revolver has always just been 'ok' to me. I might have gone through a phase of giving them too much play, but all in all, nothing special. I definitely don't think i'd miss them if they quit playing or anything, but I enjoy Contraband for the good tunes on it (Sucker Train Blues, Do It For the Kids, Big Machine, Illegal I Song, Slither, Fall to Pieces) but other than that... meh.

I will say, Velvet Revolver is a good band to see live. Made for a decent rock show that didn't cost too much.

Elvis_Christ 06-03-2009 07:05 PM

My friend whose obsessed with GN'R went to see 'em and thought it was a dope show. I was just hoping for something a little more old school sounding. I listened to Contraband a bit when it came out but it never grew on me.

I don't know modern rock never really grabs me these days. It kinda peaked in the 90s and just became derivative and by the numbers. Shit like Bush, Live and Creed really hammered in the final nail into the coffin.

Posher778 06-03-2009 07:21 PM

FUCK Creed.

Jacob Singer 06-04-2009 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ (Post 811559)

Hollywood Rose? Crazy stuff very funny. Axl screams like he was insane (well he is insane but for other reasons)

Elvis_Christ 06-05-2009 05:01 AM

Cassette:
METALLICA - Master Of Puppets
HUSKER DU - Flip Your Wig
GUNS N' ROSES - GN'R Lies

Elvis_Christ 06-07-2009 05:23 PM

LP:
VANILLA FUDGE - The Beat Goes On
VANILLA FUDGE - Near The Beginning

7":
BLUE CHEER - Summertime Blues/Out Of Focus
THE SURFARIS - Wipe Out/Surfer Joe

No thanks to the fucking postman who threw the package around and bent the covers... asshole :(

The_Return 06-07-2009 07:24 PM

CD:

Graceland - Paul Simon
Surfer Rosa - The Pixies

newb 06-07-2009 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ (Post 812484)
LP:
VANILLA FUDGE - The Beat Goes On
VANILLA FUDGE - Near The Beginning

7":
BLUE CHEER - Summertime Blues/Out Of Focus
THE SURFARIS - Wipe Out/Surfer Joe

No thanks to the fucking postman who threw the package around and bent the covers... asshole :(

going "old school" there..........cool :cool:

Elvis_Christ 06-07-2009 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newb (Post 812494)
going "old school" there..........cool :cool:

Yeh dude, I've always loved that stuff but have been delving deeper into the wabbit hole lately. Shits so KILLER!

CrimsonFiend138 06-09-2009 10:26 PM

Bob Dylan-Blood on the tracks

Elvis_Christ 06-11-2009 07:28 PM

Cassette:
ANTHRAX - Spreading The Disease

Jacob Singer 06-12-2009 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ (Post 813216)
Cassette:
ANTHRAX - Spreading The Disease

great band.

Anthrax-Vol. 8. (remastered edition)

Elvis_Christ 06-14-2009 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacob Singer (Post 813298)
great band.

Anthrax-Vol. 8. (remastered edition)

For sure dude. What's the later shit like? Haven't heard that one. Have you seen their video N.F.V? Picked it up a couple of months back at its a great watch.

Elvis_Christ 06-14-2009 10:07 PM

Cassette:
PSYCHIC JAMS - Demo

Jacob Singer 06-15-2009 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ (Post 813599)
For sure dude. What's the later shit like? Haven't heard that one. Have you seen their video N.F.V? Picked it up a couple of months back at its a great watch.

I preffer Anthrax with J.Bush. Belladona was too melodic. If you want to get their best cd's with him try Sounds of white noise, We've come for you all and of course : The greater of two evils (they covered their classic stuff live on a studio with J. Bush)

I finally get my limited edition of Too Much too soon.... I luv the Dolls

Elvis_Christ 06-15-2009 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacob Singer (Post 813722)
I finally get my limited edition of Too Much too soon.... I luv the Dolls

That album is killer! Whats the deal with the limited edition? Is that the Japanese version or something?

fortunato 06-15-2009 11:27 PM

St. Vincent- Actor

http://noleofantastico.com/storage/s...-album-art.jpg

Great, mostly soft, wonderfully orchestrated songwriting punctuated by occasional dissonance. Lots of rich instrumentation and some great guitar work, taking her cues from people like Link Wray, George Harrison, Gary Burger, and other great 60s players.

I really enjoyed her first record, and this one definitely doesn't disappoint.

Jacob Singer 06-16-2009 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ (Post 813767)
That album is killer! Whats the deal with the limited edition? Is that the Japanese version or something?

Well it's like the Japanese edition of Queen remastered cd's, on cartoon like it was a vinyl. And it has a poster inside. Looks great, but it could'nt be in other way just'cause I only pay 14 euros. I never see it thiis album on cd here in Spain, so thanks to ebay