Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Horror.com General Forum (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The Gay Thread (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39172)

X¤MurderDoll¤X 08-27-2010 12:18 PM

wufongtan. 08-28-2010 07:41 AM

This thread is gay

wufongtan. 08-28-2010 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by urgeok2 (Post 761335)
most homophobic males are usually overcompensating for their own shakey sexuality.

I think that is the most over used argument against people who don't like homosexuality.It's a baseless argument. I don;t like tomato's. Does that mean deep down, i'm scared i'm a tomato? Or are you saying that all "homophobes" are gay? If so, there no one should be convicted of hate crimes against gays. As it's a gay on gay crime.

wufongtan. 08-28-2010 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferretchucker (Post 761351)
The thing that annoys me is that racists, sexists and homophobics choose to be those things. A persons Race, sex or Sexuality isn't their choice. I think discriminating someone for something they can't change is despicable, though .

Well here's a ponderment. If gays are hardwired to be gay. Then "homophobes" must also be hard wired to be homophobes. So., really.. Isn't your thinking that all homophobes are despicable. Is also a sign of discrimination? Something which you, yourself said is despicable.
oooooo the irony.

ferretchucker 08-28-2010 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wufongtan. (Post 872303)
Well here's a ponderment. If gays are hardwired to be gay. Then "homophobes" must also be hard wired to be homophobes. So., really.. Isn't your thinking that all homophobes are despicable. Is also a sign of discrimination? Something which you, yourself said is despicable.
oooooo the irony.

No, it isn't being prejudice which is wrong, it's voicing or acting on those prejudice. Whilst it could be argued that ACTING on one's homosexual urges is also a choice, it's a choice which doesn't hurt people physically (any more so than is necessary) or emotionally. I have no issue with people not agreeing with it or even outright finding it disgusting, but there's no reason you can't keep that to yourself when it's going to cause pain if you don't.

Ferox13 08-28-2010 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferretchucker (Post 872306)
No, it isn't being prejudice which is wrong, it's voicing or acting on those prejudice. Whilst it could be argued that ACTING on one's homosexual urges is also a choice, it's a choice which doesn't hurt people physically (any more so than is necessary) or emotionally. I have no issue with people not agreeing with it or even outright finding it disgusting, but there's no reason you can't keep that to yourself when it's going to cause pain if you don't.

I think thats pretty well said..

X¤MurderDoll¤X 08-28-2010 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ferox13 (Post 872333)

ditto.

fuglystick 08-28-2010 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wufongtan. (Post 872303)
oooooo the irony.

You're an idiot.

ferretchucker 08-28-2010 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ferox13 (Post 872333)

I...I got something right? I made a valid point?! This is a momentous occasion indeed. Let me get the balloons!:D

wufongtan. 08-28-2010 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferretchucker (Post 872306)

I'm saying not it ok to abuse someone who is gay. Whether its physical or verbal. It's probably wrong. But... What is wrong with someone saying that they aren't going to give a gay a job, because he is gay? Or if two gays start kissing in front of them. And he says. Hey that's disgusting? Because as i said. If homosexuality is not a choice. Neither is homophobia. Because he is just acting in a way nature made him/her. The same way, homosexuals claim they are acting in a way that nature made them.