Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Horror.com General Forum (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The Gay Thread (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39172)

urgeok2 11-21-2008 12:09 PM

The Gay Thread

well, since the recent coming out party - there has been a common subject running through most of the threads ... so why not beat that dead horse right here.

seems like people have a ton of thoughts that are popping out here and there ... we might as well get them all in one place ... lets see what the general consensus is.

Personally - when i was born - my mother had a gay best friend (this is the 50's) and he was my godfather.
All i knew from seeing him was that he was a nice guy. Met one of his partners once and he ga=ve me stamps from his home country (jugoslavia) which i thought was pretty cool.

So it wasnt a matter of tolerance - there was simply no question of it being something we had to 'tolerate' - it just was.

pretty much lived my life that way and we're raising my son that way as well.
My wife is of the same mind as myself.

I've met a lot of gay men through my life - most were as i mentioned in a previous post - very articulate, cultured, intelligent men. None were the flaming effeminate queens portrayed in films ... they were just guys with a great sense of style, well groomed, polite, etc.

I know it's crazy to assume all gay men are like this - it's practically another stereotype - but this has been my personal experience.

I have known of the flaming queen types and i dont care for them... anymore than i care for any show of phoniness or overt cliched sexuality. (that goes for ginos, bimbos, or anything else in that vein)
People using gayness as a way to make themselves more interesting isnt cool with most other gays anymore than it is with anyone with a brain.
(no this isnt a shot at you Posher - i know you're just enjoying the release - i expect it will become a non issue for even you before long)

I dont like homophobes. they are in the same class as sexist assholes and racists.... people with hateful opinions based on 100% pure unadulterated ignorance. people content to live in unenlightened dark ages - who are terrified by anything they dont understand.

most homophobic males are usually overcompensating for their own shakey sexuality. for some its a religious thing. either way - i think it's childish and dangerous. who you love is who you love. it shouldnt be gender specific if you intellectualize it. our genetic predisposition to breeding - the continuation of our species is the first primal decree most of us follow ... but other factors - nature or nurture - or both - can take over after that.

anyway - more rambling ...

anyone else want a say ?

Despare 11-21-2008 12:12 PM

Well said Urge, although I do feel people have a right to be racist, hateful, homophobic, and sexist. I don't have to agree, like, or listen to those people but they can feel however they like.

skyblue342 11-21-2008 12:14 PM

Well i already wrote this but i'll write it again. I'm bisexaul i chose to get married to my wife because we had a child and she was my best friend (still is) my brothers gay hes getting married pretty soon to his boyfriend marc. I grew up around gay people my mother had alot of friends and i was exposed to it for along time.

urgeok2 11-21-2008 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Despare (Post 761339)
Well said Urge, although I do feel people have a right to be racist, hateful, homophobic, and sexist. I don't have to agree, like, or listen to those people but they can feel however they like.

yeah - its true - they can - i just get sick of tired of hearing it.

one thing a lot of people never take into consideration - is that just because you're a straight, white male, it doesnt mean i want to hear sexist, homophobic, racist garbage ... but i do - directly - all the time because some dick head assumes i'll be cool with it.

Angra 11-21-2008 12:17 PM

1 thing.

I like gay people, as long as they're not making a pass on me.

You can call that homophobic, i don't care.

ferretchucker 11-21-2008 12:18 PM

The thing that annoys me is that racists, sexists and homophobics choose to be those things. A persons Race, sex or Sexuality isn't their choice. I think discriminating someone for something they can't change is despicable, though as Despare said, they have a right to their opinions. I think I'd rather they didn't voice them though. Because the second something leaves the persons mouth, they can't take it back and it effects those who heard it.

Despare 11-21-2008 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angra (Post 761348)
1 thing.

People always say that and guess what... it NEVER happens. I'd be taken aback by it too but I don't expect to ever happen within my lifetime.

Oh, and Ferret, what about skyblue? He's bi so his sexuality is a choice, he's just attracted to people right?

urgeok2 11-21-2008 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angra (Post 761348)
1 thing.

it might help you have some understanding to some extent if you've ever made an unwanted pass at a female.

skyblue342 11-21-2008 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferretchucker (Post 761351)
The thing that annoys me is that racists, sexists and homophobics choose to be those things. A persons Race, sex or Sexuality isn't their choice. I think discriminating someone for something they can't change is despicable, though as Despare said, they have a right to their opinions. I think I'd rather they didn't voice them though. Because the second something leaves the persons mouth, they can't take it back and it effects those who heard it.

Wow i totally agree for real!

Angra 11-21-2008 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by urgeok2 (Post 761354)
it might help you have some understanding to some extent if you've ever made an unwanted pass at a female.

Never a gay female no.

urgeok2 11-21-2008 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Despare (Post 761353)
People always say that and guess what... it NEVER happens. I'd be taken aback by it too but I don't expect to ever happen within my lifetime.

me either ... either i'm so damn disgusting i wouldnt have a chance with either sex .. or most gay men only hit on who they think would be other gay men.

i dont think 'the challenge' is worth the risk they'd face even in these 'enlightened' times

ferretchucker 11-21-2008 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyblue342 (Post 761355)
Wow i totally agree for real!

Thanks.

As for what other people were saying, I think that's a negative stereotype. But Angra, you are one of many who feel that way. I would be so incredibly surprised if that happened. Think how much shit gay people get. They wouldn't exacerbate it by coming onto someone who was straight. And how is it any different to a girl you don't really like coming onto you?

Angra 11-21-2008 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferretchucker (Post 761358)
Thanks.

As for what other people were saying, I think that's a negative stereotype. But Angra, you are one of many who feel that way. I would be so incredibly surprised if that happened. Think how much shit gay people get. They wouldn't exacerbate it by coming onto someone who was straight. And how is it any different to a girl you don't really like coming onto you?

It would be VERY different.

The beard is one thing..... Trust me, i know...

skyblue342 11-21-2008 12:27 PM

When i was 17 i went to this little highschool party and there was of course alcohol present. I remember flirting with this guy who seemed interested in me (i didnt flirt til i thought he liked me first) then all of a sudden he invited me to go walking with him we went up the road a good bit then we went by this old crappy barn where he began to beat the crap out of me. He called me a faggot and said faggots should die. I'll never forget it it was the worst night of my life. People like him have no heart.

Angra 11-21-2008 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyblue342 (Post 761362)
When i was 17 i went to this little highschool party and there was of course alcohol present. I remember flirting with this guy who seemed interested in me (i didnt flirt til i thought he liked me first) then all of a sudden he invited me to go walking with him we went up the road a good bit then we went by this old crappy barn where he began to beat the crap out of me. He called me a faggot and said faggots should die. I'll never forget it it was the worst night of my life. People like him have no heart.

Well, I'm not THAT much an asshole.

But, sorry to hear about your past.

jenna26 11-21-2008 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferretchucker (Post 761358)
They wouldn't exacerbate it by coming onto someone who was straight.

My brother has always had a ridiculous amount of attention from members of BOTH sexes...haha...he has always handled it very well. Though that might be because he is mostly clueless. But it has always amused me (and no this isn't a shot at you Angra, just in general) when I hear men totally freaked out by the idea of another man hitting on them, when I have seen them rather aggressively pursue women who have NO interest in them, at all. To me, there is no difference....you say no, I am not interested. That's all. It should be the end of it, if its not, than that is not a gay or straight issue.

This has never been an issue for me, at all. My mother managed a bookstore for years, most of the men that worked with her were gay men (so much so that one of the few straight men that worked for her felt it necessary to introduce that into every conversation, which was just a TAD childish, in my opinion....:rolleyes: ). It didn't make a difference to me. People are people to me. Sexuality, race, religious beliefs, whatever may be different from me, doesn't matter a bit, I look at who the person is, and if they are trying to live their life right for them, and not looking to hurt anyone else, then I'm fine with that. And just like people are people, love is love, its not defined only one way to me.

Papillon Noir 11-21-2008 12:42 PM

Quote:

That's terrible. :( I'm sorry that happened to you.

I never understood what the big deal was with being gay/bi, but some straight people has this fear over it. Seriously, what do they think is going to happen? the Apocalypse?

I've had some gay/bi friends over the years, my boss is gay, and even dated a guy who was bi. They are people just like everyone else and everyone deserves the same rights and privileges.

skyblue342 11-21-2008 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papillon Noir (Post 761373)
That's terrible. :( I'm sorry that happened to you.

I never understood what the big deal was with being gay/bi, but some straight people has this fear over it. Seriously, what do they think is going to happen? the Apocalypse?

I've had some gay/bi friends over the years, my boss is gay, and even dated a guy who was bi. They are people just like everyone else and everyone deserves the same rights and privileges.

I totally agree with you. I mean because of that incident my mom flipped out and took me out of school i couldnt even graduate with my class. worst of all since i cant talk flirting was really hard for me he knew sign language and we flirted like that and also just body language and he still beat the crap out of me. So he pretty much started the whole thing just because he hated gays That to me is someone who is probably in prison now for murder haha.

jenna26 11-21-2008 12:48 PM

Quote:

That's just awful, I'm sorry.

Papillon Noir 11-21-2008 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyblue342 (Post 761377)
I totally agree with you. I mean because of that incident my mom flipped out and took me out of school i couldnt even graduate with my class. worst of all since i cant talk flirting was really hard for me he knew sign language and we flirted like that and also just body language and he still beat the crap out of me. So he pretty much started the whole thing just because he hated gays That to me is someone who is probably in prison now for murder haha.

He's probably gay himself and just can't admit it! I think people often hurt others because they can't deal with their own insecurities. The don't want to punish themselves so they punish others.

skyblue342 11-21-2008 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papillon Noir (Post 761388)
He's probably gay himself and just can't admit it! I think people often hurt others because they can't deal with their own insecurities. The don't want to punish themselves so they punish others.

Thats what i thought to. Especially since he came on to me you know?

Angra 11-21-2008 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papillon Noir (Post 761388)

Agreed.

Those kind of people should be locked up for good,

Papillon Noir 11-21-2008 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyblue342 (Post 761390)
Thats what i thought to. Especially since he came on to me you know?

It reminds me of the opening scene to The Rules of Attraction, it's very similar to what happened to you.

@Angra

Totally. :cool:

hellfire1 11-21-2008 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papillon Noir (Post 761395)
It reminds me of the opening scene to The Rules of Attraction, it's very similar to what happened to you.

He probably became a raging queen and told everyone that it was skyblue who couldn't get it up.

Roderick Usher 11-21-2008 01:34 PM

I get hit on all the time. It's usually just something I laugh at, but sometimes the pursuers can be a bit aggressive and that's when it's no longer cool. Some people just won't leave me alone even when I say that I'm into the ladies.

It was really obnoxious when I was bartending in Hollywood. Gay men are, across the board, the best tippers on the planet, so I never said boo about my sexuality at work unless someone flat-out asked me. I'd usually just say "sorry, I'm taken" and leave them guessing. But when they start grabbing ass and not taking no for an answer (drunk male behavior regardless of sexuality) I've been know to get a little mean - and then people have the gaul to call me homophobic.

I've worked on Broadway in musical theater and I used to live around Dupont Circle in Washington D.C. - so I've been up to my neck in gay for a long time and I guess my acceptance of it has reached such a level that I give off a gay vibe... at least to the men who are looking to score.

And I'm not quite certain, but one of my sons is has been giving some pretty strong gay indicators, which is going to be really wierd and funny to watch unfold. Puberty is an awkward time for anyone. I'm sure his will be particularly entertaining to observe.

Angra 11-21-2008 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roderick Usher (Post 761408)
I get hit on all the time. It's usually just something I luagh at, but sometimes the pursuers can be a bit aggressive and that's when it's no longer cool. Some people just won't leave me alone even when I say that I'm into the ladies.

It was really obnoxious when I was bartending in Hollywood. Gay men are, across the board, the best tippers on the planet, so I never said boo about my sexuality at work unless someone flat-out asked me. I'd usually just say "sorry, I'm taken" and leave them guessing.

I also worked on Broadway in musical theater and I used to live around Dupont Circle in Washington D.C. - so I've been up to my neck in gay for a long time and I guess my acceptance of it has reached such a level that I give off a gay vibe... at least to the men who are looking to score.

And I'm not quite certain, but one of my sons is has been giving some pretty gay indicators, which is going to be really wierd and funny to watch unfold. Puberty is an awkward time for anyone. I'm sure his will be particularly entertaining to observe.

One of your sons??

I thought you only had 1?

How many do u have and how old are they?

X¤MurderDoll¤X 11-21-2008 01:37 PM

Quote:

when I hear men totally freaked out by the idea of another man hitting on them, when I have seen them rather aggressively pursue women who have NO interest in them, at all.
haha yes

I would LOVE to be able to put myself in their heads, I want to know the thought process going into this.

Roderick Usher 11-21-2008 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angra (Post 761409)
One of your sons??

I thought you only had 1?

How many do u have and how old are they?

I have two sons, 5 and 11

Angra 11-21-2008 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roderick Usher (Post 761411)
I have two sons, 5 and 11

Oh. How great.

Lets just see how it goes. I remember to have done some very gay things when i was just about 5, so.... So much for signs.

Roderick Usher 11-21-2008 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angra (Post 761413)
Oh. How great.

Lets just see how it goes. I remember to have done some very gay things when i was just about 5, so.... So much for signs.

Wether he's gay of straight makes no difference to me, but I do find the idea of raising a gay son to be quite entertaining. Either way, he's gonna have his pick of either sex. Hell, they both will. Good thing they both got their mother's looks.

ferretchucker 11-21-2008 01:51 PM

- Skyblue

I had no idea you were deaf! Has it been all of your life or not?

-Rod

I wouldn't bet on it yet. Most of my friends and family did and still do think I may be gay. I'm just quite...flamboyant. But I suppose, from what you said, you have been around more gay people than I. What are these signs?

Angra 11-21-2008 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roderick Usher (Post 761415)
Wether he's gay of straight makes no difference to me, but I do find the idea of raising a gay son to be quite entertaining. Either way, he's gonna have his pick of either sex. Hell, they both will. Good thing they both got their mother's looks.

Maybe they don't have to pick.

Maybe it's totally normal in 2015 to be bi-sexual. Hell, the metrosexuals started out only a few years ago. We're only halfway there.

Angra 11-21-2008 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferretchucker (Post 761417)
Most of my friends and family did and still do think I may be gay.

Hahahaha

So do mine. :p

Funny as hell.

Got to be because i'm such a bad casanova.

Roderick Usher 11-21-2008 02:01 PM

Quote:

-- What are these signs?

he's obsessed with Hedwig and Frank Furter, he loves musicals, he is the same size shoe as his mother so he wears her shoes around quite frequently, he loves the way tights feel, he wears a LOT of purple and takes a great deal of pride in being different from everyone, he thinks my gay friends are soooo cool

he has other interests which are sexuality neutral (skateboarding, playing bass in his band THE ATOMIC BOMBS, horror films) but he avoids typical "boy" activities like team sports, scouting, etc

like I said before. it's no big deal to me, and I won't be disappionted if he turns out straight, it's just interesting to watch the development.

hellfire1 11-21-2008 02:05 PM

Quote:

- Skyblue

I had no idea you were deaf! Has it been all of your life or not?

He was born without a voice box. Don't believe he said he was deaf.

ferretchucker 11-21-2008 02:07 PM

Oh, fair enough. I thought that he meant he was deaf and so didn't learn to speak. My mistake.

newb 11-21-2008 02:07 PM

IS THIS THE OFFICIAL GAY THREAD?

http://paxarcana.files.wordpress.com...rd_simmons.jpg

Seriously....I don't see how ANYBODY'S sexual preference should matter to another. People just gots to mind there own fucking business.

I'm actually a little pissed off that I've never been hit on by a gay man.:mad:

WHATS THE MATTER GAY MEN OF THE WORLD....NEWB NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR YA.

Angra 11-21-2008 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newb (Post 761426)
IS THIS THE OFFICIAL GAY THREAD?

http://paxarcana.files.wordpress.com...rd_simmons.jpg

Seriously....I don't see how ANYBODY'S sexual preference should matter to another. People just gots to mind there own fucking business.

I'm actually a little pissed off that I've never been hit on by a gay man.:mad:

Probably because you not swing like that guy in your pic. ;)

Dude Guadalupe 11-21-2008 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newb (Post 761426)

I feel your pain.

I'm often mistaken for gay, but I never get hit on by guys.

What the hell? I'm fucking hot!

Phalanx 11-21-2008 04:16 PM

Anyone who
a: Wears alternative sexuality like a fashion, male or female...
b: Uses the "gay accent"
c: Knows I'm not, and their actions/attempts show that they don't respect that, I mean there's a difference between a compliment, (hell sometimes it's nice to be admired) and stepping over the line with actions.
d: Uses bad experiences of the past to turn them "against" on particular sex, this one's mainly the girls
...piss me off...

Other than, gay folks are fine - can't say I've got any gay friends personally as most of them within my age group around here are heavily into the club culture, which I am not.
Religions/family that try to tell people how wrong/evil they are, that's pretty fucked up too, to throw that onto a person who's maybe already pretty confused about things and/or worried about their perception, it not a nice act.