Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Upcoming Horror Movies (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Stephen King's IT (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50234)

hacelikewhoa 03-20-2009 10:20 PM

Can they leave just ONE of my favorite horror movies alone? Just one original left untouched? No, too much to ask for.

Zero 03-21-2009 10:56 AM

i actually think this could be good as i felt the tv version had lots of faults (curry was great but the adult actors were very weak)

Assertion 03-25-2009 01:18 PM

I just think that making anything king writes a movie should not be done. Soon we'll see dark tower, and that kinda just sucked at book three...

The_Return 03-25-2009 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zero (Post 795459)
i actually think this could be good as i felt the tv version had lots of faults (curry was great but the adult actors were very weak)

Agreed 100%.

I haven't read the book, but the original TV version - despite having LOTS of great elements - was pretty flawed. Pennywise was amazing, but the parts without him were fairly weak. I'll watch the remake for sure.

Zero 03-25-2009 04:11 PM

its funny - i read the book and liked it but remember thinking that the sections with the kids were great - but the sections with the adults were lame and cardboard. . . then, i felt the exact same way about the movie - the kids and pennywise were amazing - the walton johnboy sections were laughable

Elvis_Christ 03-25-2009 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doc Faustus (Post 795372)
The tv movie lost a lot of the intellectual and spiritual core of the book. Hopefully this version won't.

Yeh it was pretty dumbed down. Hopefully this will deliver on what was left out.
It's gonna be a pretty long flick if its a faithful adaption.

Posher778 03-28-2009 10:32 AM

Well, the part when they were children was great... The adult scenes... Not so much.

Doc Faustus 03-28-2009 12:32 PM

Such poor casting. The movie really predicted the future when it showed how much more engaging Seth Green was than Harry Anderson.

Camp Blood 101 04-10-2009 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _____V_____ (Post 793840)
Warner Bros. is doing "It," tapping Dave Kajganich to adapt Stephen King's novel, with Dan Lin and Vertigo's Roy Lee and Doug Davison producing.

"It" centers on seven children in a small Maine town who confront the source of a series of murders in 1958 and again in 1985, when the cycle begins again.

The novel was previously adapted into a 1990 ABC miniseries.

Kajganich is also writing "Escape From New York" for Neal Moritz and New Line and "True Story" for Plan B to produce at Paramount Vantage, with Kevin McDonald attached to direct.

i hope it's as good as the original movie, tim curry's acting as pennywise was creepy and awesome.

freddy69 04-15-2009 10:17 AM

remake

i hope the remake is as good as the first it, IT is my fave. stephen king movie:D