Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Horror.com General Forum (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Answering your door for Trick or Treat this year? (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69818)

ImmortalSlasher 08-31-2021 11:04 PM

Answering your door for Trick or Treat this year?

I think I'm going to take a pass on passing out candy for Trick or Treat this year again. We didn't get anyone last year anyway. And it's looking like it might be like that again this year.

We are quickly running out of time with the vaccine. And booster shot time is coming up too.

What about you guys?

Bloof 09-01-2021 03:18 AM

I have been giving out candy for almost 40 Halloweens including last year. I will this year as well. Last year was very quiet though.

hammerfan 09-01-2021 07:06 AM

Not in my neighborhood!

anglewitch 09-04-2021 11:19 AM

I would but I literally live out in the wilderness.
*Shoots smarties out of a paint ball gun at children*

ImmortalSlasher 09-06-2021 09:00 PM

I remembered a house on my old block. It was a scary house on a small hill. People had to live there I guess. It had big, dark trees on that hill which made the area seem gloomy all the time. The grass wasn't green and the lawn if you could call it that had weeds and dirt patches. At times cats were around. I never went up that hill to the house. I wish I had a picture of the house as it was torn down years ago. Even the trees were removed.

But anyway, we would walk the block for candy in every place I've lived. I have noticed people driving to my block for candy in recent years. But not even that last year.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bloof (Post 1049078)
I have been giving out candy for almost 40 Halloweens including last year. I will this year as well. Last year was very quiet though.

People were scared last year. Now I wonder how they will behave.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hammerfan (Post 1049080)
Not in my neighborhood!

None?

Quote:

Originally Posted by anglewitch (Post 1049100)
I would but I literally live out in the wilderness.
*Shoots smarties out of a paint ball gun at children*

Even people in the wilderness have some neighbors.

ImmortalSlasher 11-01-2021 12:05 AM

No one showed up for trick or treat this year.

Maybe next year this virus will be over. I can't believe we are still dealing with this.

hammerfan 11-01-2021 04:07 AM

ImmortalSlasher: No, I won't open my door. We've had too many shootings.

Bloof 11-01-2021 04:56 AM

We gave out more than half our candy. I found people did a lot of decorating this year.

hammerfan 11-01-2021 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bloof (Post 1049794)
We gave out more than half our candy. I found people did a lot of decorating this year.

That's awesome to hear!

FryeDwight 11-02-2021 12:03 AM

Never have Trick or Treaters...live on 5 acres and We do have neighbors, but going to them would involve some walking. Also very dark here and the occasional Fox screaming or Coyote yipping.

Best part for Me is 1/2 price Halloween candy::smile::