Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Music (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Slipknot vs. Mushroomhead (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15240)

Chainsaw Guy 05-01-2005 04:53 PM

Slipknot vs. Mushroomhead

i like slipknot more

Mushroom Head needs to die

Hate_Breeder 05-01-2005 05:22 PM

I dont really like either

Out of all the cheesey face painted gimmick bands of the 90's, I think Mudvayne was the best

The STE 05-01-2005 06:50 PM

La Parka

LilMissScareAll 05-01-2005 07:22 PM

I like both. But I guess I'd say I like Slipknot a little more.

Jason Hodder 05-02-2005 06:31 AM

IMO MH is so much better then Slipknot. I used to be big into knot but I can't stand to listen to them anymore. The best parts about knot are Joey and Corey and that's not saying much. You don't really need the rest of the band since all they do is play noise.

I'll take MH anyday over knot, but I happen to think Mudvayne blows them both away. I love the fact that Mudvayen has gone away from trying to be a sideshow and concentrated more on their music. The new album is amazing.

I also happen to dig Motorgrater as well.

xmutex 05-02-2005 07:33 AM

slipknot are by far the best

moonsorrow 05-02-2005 12:00 PM

its a tie...they booth loose.:o

Yellow Jacket 05-02-2005 01:52 PM

I like them both, but Slipknot is better by far. How can u top a band that sings "Vermillion?" Somebody please tell me!

Hate_Breeder 05-02-2005 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by moonsorrow
its a tie...they booth loose.:o
Hahahah very good choice

The Mothman 05-03-2005 05:26 AM

They both suck:mad:

moonsorrow 05-03-2005 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Hate_Breeder
Hahahah very good choice
hehe... a familiar name... so damn long since iv been here... if time allows it i might hang around for a while, see whats up.

Sedated_replica 05-03-2005 02:07 PM

Metallica wins.... :(

Chainsaw Guy 05-03-2005 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Jason Hodder
I love the fact that Mudvayen has gone away from trying to be a sideshow and concentrated more on their music.

Slipknots not trying to be a side show the masks reflect the music and what it does to them and btw the new "Mudvanye" album is good

Sedated_replica 05-03-2005 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Chainsaw Guy
the masks reflect the music and what it does to them
They're masks help them play crappy music?

ChEEbA 05-04-2005 04:05 AM

Quote:

They're masks help them play crappy music?
I totally agree...you don't need a mask to play shitty music, just listen to YOUR stuff....

virus five 05-04-2005 07:22 AM

I'd rather listen to Phil Collins.

friday13thfan 05-04-2005 05:32 PM

its tied for me i like both cause slipknot as awesome vocals and lryics mushrooomhead is right up there with them..infact the mask thing is ribbed from MH they have been together since 1993 and have worn maskj way before the knot which in a way has followed MH in the mask department..beside MH is pretty creative. both have equally cool music videos so my vote in the end still goes to mushroomhead altough it was hard to choose

Chainsaw Guy 05-04-2005 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by friday13thfan
its tied for me i like both cause slipknot as awesome vocals and lryics mushrooomhead is right up there with them..infact the mask thing is ribbed from MH they have been together since 1993 and have worn maskj way before the knot which in a way has followed MH in the mask department..beside MH is pretty creative. both have equally cool music videos so my vote in the end still goes to mushroomhead altough it was hard to choose

Slipknot were together in 1993 too

dantehorrorfan 05-04-2005 06:40 PM

Re: Slipknot vs. Mushroomhead

Quote:

i like slipknot more

Mushroom Head needs to die

Agreed.

Carpe Noctem 05-05-2005 07:01 PM

About 50 quadrillion bands could pull off a song like "Vermillion", ass rape it, perform it a hundred times better and ram it up the asses of that 9 piece orchestrated disaster called Slipknot. Screw the lightbulb jokes, how many band members does it take to make shitty music?

And doesn't Mushroomhead have like 20? They're even worse.

Listen to some Vile, Opeth or Strapping Young Lad, grow some hair on your nuts and come back later.

Bitch.

X¤MurderDoll¤X 05-05-2005 07:13 PM

Opeth > both of them

but Slipknot over Mushroom Head

The STE 05-05-2005 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Carpe Noctem
About 50 quadrillion bands could pull off a song like "Vermillion", ass rape it, perform it a hundred times better and ram it up the asses of that 9 piece orchestrated disaster called Slipknot. Screw the lightbulb jokes, how many band members does it take to make shitty music?

Listen to some Vile, Opeth or Strapping Young Lad, grow some hair on your nuts and come back later.

Bitch.

That reminds me of something...

What has 9 arms and sucks?

Def Leppard

friday13thfan 05-08-2005 06:10 PM

Quote:

Bitch.

no MH only has 8 and i agree with the vermillion thing that song suxed balls

friday13thfan 05-08-2005 06:12 PM

Quote:

Slipknot were together in 1993 too
not with mask....atough both the knot and MH are ridding the shoulders a KISS a band better then both of them copmpinde time 1000

Deposable 05-08-2005 10:53 PM

Quote:

Bitch.

Thats mean

The Devils Eyes 05-08-2005 11:38 PM

to suggest that slipknot stole the masks idea from mushroomhead is absurd in every way.

slipknot actualy started in 95.. mushroomhead in 93 or so.. neither band made it into the mainstream till about 98-99 ... Logic Tells me that neither band knew who the other one was till around this time. which is what they both will tell you.

just because you may have heard of mushroomhead before 98-99 doesnt mean slipknot did. think outside your tiny box for a second.

the whole VS thing between them is stupid and old anyway

my first post here.. isnt it fucking great?

friday13thfan 05-09-2005 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by The Devils Eyes
to suggest that slipknot stole the masks idea from mushroomhead is absurd in every way.

slipknot actualy started in 95.. mushroomhead in 93 or so.. neither band made it into the mainstream till about 98-99 ... Logic Tells me that neither band knew who the other one was till around this time. which is what they both will tell you.

just because you may have heard of mushroomhead before 98-99 doesnt mean slipknot did. think outside your tiny box for a second.

the whole VS thing between them is stupid and old anyway

my first post here.. isnt it fucking great?

i still like mushroomhead better but i think both would do better with out there mask on all it does is draw attention away from the music which is not a good idea if you want ppl to listen to what you have to sayin a song or shit like that