Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Vintage Horror Movies (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   The Brain that wouldnt die (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3330)

Ritualistic 01-18-2004 12:24 PM

The Brain that wouldnt die

anyone else like this classic B&W movie..??

Dr.Kelvinstein 01-19-2004 11:03 AM

Yes, but I'm a sucker for living severed head movies and anything with a sentinent brain in a jar. Maybe I'm just strange. You can pick this one up on DVD mucho cheap, too!!!!

Ever see the Frozen Dead, I think it was called. The girl's best friend is killed and her mad fater-doctor father keeps her head alive. I think he also has a squad of undead SS super soldiers on ice or something. Anyhow, at the end of the movie the severed head is mouthing the words "Kill me" over and over. Freaky.

avenger00soul 01-19-2004 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dr.Kelvinstein
Yes, but I'm a sucker for living severed head movies and anything with a sentinent brain in a jar.
Ever see City of Lost Children then?

Dr.Kelvinstein 01-19-2004 11:45 AM

Yes; I was kinda late getting to City Of Lost Children, though. Saw it like a year or so ago on IFC. Did like it, though. Great camera-work!!!!

avenger00soul 01-19-2004 11:47 AM

Quote:

Yes; I was kinda late getting to City Of Lost Children, though. Saw it like a year or so ago on IFC. Did like it, though. Great camera-work!!!!
Just a brilliant movie all around IMO. I'm a sucker for Ron Perlman though.

Dr.Kelvinstein 01-19-2004 11:53 AM

Ron Perlman's my big ugly Hero. Can't wait for Hell Boy. Ron's forehead is so big and lumpy that, had he grown a beard, he could've almost made Quest For Fire without makeup.

"Who do I have to fuck to get off this boat?"

"Me. You'll get off. I don't know about off the boat, but you'll get off."

avenger00soul 01-19-2004 11:56 AM

Did you ever see Primal Force with Ron? It was Ron vs. killer monkeys. I felt bad for him cuz it was like watching him kill his brethren. I also crack up everytime I watch Alien: Resurrection and he does that monkey immitation.

Dr.Kelvinstein 01-19-2004 12:03 PM

Hahaha!!! Ron killing his brethren, that's so funny! I haven't seen Primal Force, but will indeed search for it now that I know Ron fights monkeys. Gotta love that.

I crack up in Quest For Fire when they have dog-style sex with the girls getting water and make monkey faces. Strange.

avenger00soul 01-19-2004 12:04 PM

Quote:

Hahaha!!! Ron killing his brethren, that's so funny! I haven't seen Primal Force, but will indeed search for it now that I know Ron fights monkeys. Gotta love that.
Just wait until Sci-fi replays it. They always do.

swiftdeath 01-20-2004 04:49 PM

Yep, it was pretty interesting. I like the older horror movies more than the newer ones for some reason.