Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Compilations and Pastimes (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Top 10 Horror Movies (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68249)

The Creeper 11-02-2017 02:33 AM

Top 10 Horror Movies

This thread is for everyone to post what they think is the top 10 best horror movies ever made, in order (No.1 being the best and 10 being the least best.)

I'll start:

1.) The Exorcist
2.) The Shining
3.) The Blair Which Project
4.) Alien Abduction: The McPherson Tape (Serious contender for higher up spot imo)
5.) The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1976)
6.) The Omen (Original)
7.) Scream
8.) A Nightmare On Elm Street
9.) Rosemary's baby
10.) The Human Centipede

I also Like Night Of The Living Dead Remake (1990). Such an enthralling & entertaining, enjoyable, interesting, captivating film. The kind of film you have dreams about after watching it as it get's right into your sub consciousness.

Dawn Of The Dead (2004) is pretty awesome also.

MichaelMyers 11-02-2017 02:37 PM

I've never heard of #4. Have you seen Fire in the Sky?

DeadbeatAtDawn 11-02-2017 03:02 PM

NOTLD68
Singapore Sling
Nekromantik
AU's Mordum
Maniac {1980}
100 Tears
Circus of the Dead
Pieces of Talent
Ravenous
Angst

Sculpt 11-02-2017 04:08 PM

Night of the Living Dead 1968
Alien
Halloween
Evil Dead 2
The Thing
Invasion of the Body Snatchers 1956
The Fly 1986
Psycho
Aliens
Se7en

The Creeper 11-03-2017 03:19 AM

Reply to MichaelMyers Quesiton

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelMyers (Post 1028441)
I've never heard of #4. Have you seen Fire in the Sky?

No. Never heard of it. What's it about? Alien Abduction: The McPherson Tape wasn't released in the cinema (at least i don't think so) and is a lower budget film so didn't get the same advertising as the other big blockbuster films.

It's truly scary though imo. Because it's based on found footage (like the Blair witch) but this came out BEFORE the Blair witch when people still kind believed found footage films might be real because they've never heard about it before. Truly pioneering in that way if you think about it. Basically about a family who gets abducted by aliens on thanksgiving day.

There are two versions that i'm aware of. One is rubbish the other one is the one you want.

It was on Sky years ago. Came back on Sky for a while then got taken off again. Probably will be back on one day.

Rebelcorp 11-03-2017 04:35 AM

Horror movie in 2017?

Which one is the most horror movie in 2017 year?

MichaelMyers 11-03-2017 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Creeper (Post 1028448)
No. Never heard of it. What's it about? Alien Abduction: The McPherson Tape wasn't released in the cinema (at least i don't think so) and is a lower budget film so didn't get the same advertising as the other big blockbuster films.

It's truly scary though imo. Because it's based on found footage (like the Blair witch) but this came out BEFORE the Blair witch when people still kind believed found footage films might be real because they've never heard about it before. Truly pioneering in that way if you think about it. Basically about a family who gets abducted by aliens on thanksgiving day.

There are two versions that i'm aware of. One is rubbish the other one is the one you want.

It was on Sky years ago. Came back on Sky for a while then got taken off again. Probably will be back on one day.

Fire in the Sky is based on a true story also and I'm told by some I respect is the most scary abduction movie they've ever seen. I'll be sure to watch MacPherson Tape on Thanksgiving. lol

Sculpt 11-03-2017 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelMyers (Post 1028450)
Fire in the Sky is based on a true story also and I'm told by some I respect is the most scary abduction movie they've ever seen. I'll be sure to watch MacPherson Tape on Thanksgiving. lol

Hey, MM, I'll watch it with ya. What should I bring? Green beans? Corn? Bag of salad?

Roiffalo 11-03-2017 06:50 PM

In no particular order ::wink::
  1. American Werewolf in London
  2. The Howling
  3. Psycho
  4. Poltergeist
  5. Aliens
  6. Hellraiser
  7. Friday the 13th
  8. The Hills Have Eyes
  9. Evil Dead
  10. Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Wouldn't be surprised if we've all made this list a few times since joining the forum, but personally I like to see how it chances. I've swapped out at least three on my list since my first post on HDC and never looked back.

The Creeper 11-04-2017 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebelcorp (Post 1028449)
Which one is the most horror movie in 2017 year?

If you meant to say (seeing as: 'Which one is the most horror movie in 2017 year?' isn't grammatically correct Enlgish, I would say the IT movie is probably the best horror movie to come out in 2017.

I also was excited for Jeepers Creepers 3 but it was not up to par with the last two films.

Haven;t seen Jigsaw yet but i doubt it will be as good as IT.