Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   TV Shows (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   The Walking Dead - Thoughts? (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56622)

cheebacheeba 10-31-2010 09:35 PM

The Walking Dead - Thoughts?

Just wondering if anyone's watched it yet?
I'm currently downloading episode 1, as my country has shitty tv here and won't get it probably until sometime next year...

What are your thoughts?

SodaGirl 10-31-2010 11:35 PM

I loved it!

The imagery was excellent and the mood was really haunting. I'm also genuinely interested in the characters we met in episode one. Not only was there horror and gore, but the show also had heart... I even cried a little. I can't wait to see more episodes!

cheebacheeba 11-01-2010 06:12 AM

Just watched it.
I've read every issue of the comic thus far, and while there were a few changes/tweaks it was true to the source material.
Very atmospheric and well put together, you can tell a lot of care and hands-on work has been done between the two creative teams...
Not certain about ALL of the casting decisions but everyone seems to be doing fine.
Even having read through these events in the comic, I can say that IMO this one episode is (sadly) better than anything Romero has spat out on his existing cred in years.

VERY good, for fans of the comic and horror/zombie genre enthusiasts alike.

fiend_skull 11-01-2010 12:26 PM

I definitely enjoyed what I've seen so far, definitely worth the wait. I'm rather optimistic about the future of AMC's programming.

Sistinas666 11-01-2010 02:47 PM

I liked it and was pleasantly surprised by some of the gore.

newb 11-01-2010 02:48 PM

I guess we knew from the first 5 minutes that they weren't going to pull any punches. Very well done.

novakru 11-01-2010 04:58 PM

Never thought I would see something of this quality on TV.
KUDOS to every single person involved that brought this precious gem to us.

And...I can't think of any zombie series before this?
...which is weird if you think about it
...considering how much loved the genre is

Zero 11-01-2010 05:10 PM

watching it now - awesome!!!

neverending 11-07-2010 09:22 PM

Agreed on all counts. This was great. I hope they can maintain the quality throughout the series.

Berzin 11-08-2010 02:27 PM

I guess the characters are going to have to grow on me, but if you think about it these are exactly the type of disparate personalities one would expect would be thrown together during a zombie apocalypse.

As a zombie fan, I love the series so far. I think, idiotic parodies aside, this is still a growing genre within horror that directors/producers have only scratched the surface of.

If anyone saw the last episode of real Time with Bill Maher, he makes a hilarious point about zombies-he basically said if he is expected to be frightened by them, they have to learn to walk faster, or at least fast enough for him to think they could actually catch him.