Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Comics (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   The Walking Dead (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61788)

braindamagefilms 09-24-2012 03:50 PM

The Walking Dead

Anyone else here a big fan of the series? Don't want to talk too much about it as I don't want to spoil anything, but it would be cool to have some conversations with anyone that enjoys the series! Issues 100 and 101 were awesome!

Sentinel65 09-24-2012 06:38 PM

I love Walking Dead. Lately my local bookstores haven't had enough copies, but I finally caught up and read volume 16. Very exciting issue.

Dead&Bloated 09-24-2012 06:50 PM

I love both the comic and the show. You should check out The Walking Dead forums. It's the best place for TWD fans.

Sentinel65 09-24-2012 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dead&Bloated (Post 935579)
I love both the comic and the show. You should check out The Walking Dead forums. It's the best place for TWD fans.

I never checked out the show. I really should have, but at this point I feel I'm too far behind to start. Does the show follow the comic well enough?

Dead&Bloated 09-24-2012 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sentinel65 (Post 935588)
I never checked out the show. I really should have, but at this point I feel I'm too far behind to start. Does the show follow the comic well enough?

In some areas the show follows the comic and in others it goes its own way. For example: Some people that die quickly in the comic live longer in the show, while others die quicker than they did in the comic. If you're a fan of the comic you'll probably like the show. The comic is much better, though.

Sentinel65 09-25-2012 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dead&Bloated (Post 935593)
In some areas the show follows the comic and in others it goes its own way. For example: Some people that die quickly in the comic live longer in the show, while others die quicker than they did in the comic. If you're a fan of the comic you'll probably like the show. The comic is much better, though.

I have a feeling the comic would be more gritty too. Worse language, more blood , etc.

Dead&Bloated 09-26-2012 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sentinel65 (Post 935761)
I have a feeling the comic would be more gritty too. Worse language, more blood , etc.

Yeah, the comic is darker and has harsher language. However, the show has quite a bit of gore in it. They push it when it comes to blood.

braindamagefilms 09-26-2012 01:30 PM

The show is basically an alternate storyline than the comics. The creator stated he wanted to try different things and throw different dynamics at the show. The reason being that he wanted the comic book fans to not know what happens, but also so he can have fun writing it and trying things he didn't get to try in the comics.

Also if you have netflix the whole first season is on there and worth watching! The second season not a "whole lot" happens, but some important things do. you could get by watching the first two episodes then skipping to like episode 6 or 7 lol. I'd watch it though, its the best show on television and cant wait for season 3!

I also participate in TWD forums, but its fun to get opinions elsewhere :P I've gotta pick up issue 102 today, I have it on hold every month so if they do run out I still get one.

Dead&Bloated 09-26-2012 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by braindamagefilms (Post 935878)
also participate in TWD forums, but its fun to get opinions elsewhere :P I've gotta pick up issue 102 today, I have it on hold every month so if they do run out I still get one.

Same here.

Action Avenue 09-27-2012 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dead&Bloated (Post 935579)

As a big fan of the show and the comics, I would agree with you in principle (if you're referring to AMC's official website and TWD's forum within), however, the functionality of this website is very suspect. Many times I go on there and it is either slow as a slow to log in and move about my business or I can't log in at all. The last time I was on there was a couple of weeks ago Had some time to kill one Saturday morning so I thought I would get on the forum.... nothing happened like it was frozen. Left and got back on a different day later that week to play their movie trivia games and same dang thing happened. It's like it was in constant "load the page" mode or something. I am not an IT guy or programmer so I don't fully understand the issues, but it is frustrating beyond belief. Aside from that I will get on this forum and other forums to get my fill of talking about this great zombie entertainment empire. I will still check out AMC once in a while, but my patience has grown thin with it.