Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Horror Filmmakers (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   My first movie (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21866)

vmr128 04-27-2006 03:05 PM

My first movie

ok im getting a camra and im aiming to start over the summer my first movie called "CLONE". A low budget movie when a kid sees an exacte replica of himself (without lab things) and the clone tries to kill the kid. i thinki can pull; it off and im writing the script and i was post it somewhere soon so tell me if this is a good i dea for a movie and give some sugesttions.

Posher778 04-27-2006 03:15 PM

Ehhh... Well, you asked. I don't think it sounds very good. A random clone... who attacks his other self... "what's my motivation?"

MisterSadistro 04-27-2006 10:01 PM

Suggestions: use interesting camera angles, good lighting, decent sound and don't waste people's time to get them to watch it if it's just going to be something that only your friends are going to watch by your house on the weekend since you're all just screwing around in it. Acting and a weak plot is forgivable if it at least looks like there was some effort involved. Good luck.
CK

bwind22 04-27-2006 10:16 PM

The plot's been done before, but what plot hasn't? My only advice would be to NEVER post your script anywhere unless you have already registered it! If you post an unregistered script, it becomes fair game for someone else to steal and use.

That's all the advice I have. Have fun and good luck.

urgeok 04-28-2006 02:39 AM

my advice = i hope you hired identical twins ..

Shadowman 04-28-2006 07:00 AM

I hate those science fiction movies. And if you WANT to post your script on THIS messageboard, then I suggest you make a little copyright symbol on it. It won't do much, but it'd be the best thing on your script. I hate clone movies. And This is a HORROr messageboard, your Idea doesn't sound scary. You COULD shoot this movie, I'd make a better story. And what's the budget going to be?

urgeok 04-28-2006 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Shadowman
I hate those science fiction movies. And if you WANT to post your script on THIS messageboard, then I suggest you make a little copyright symbol on it. It won't do much, but it'd be the best thing on your script. I hate clone movies. And This is a HORROr messageboard, your Idea doesn't sound scary. You COULD shoot this movie, I'd make a better story. And what's the budget going to be?
so - you're speaking for everyone ?

alkytrio666 04-28-2006 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by bwind22
The plot's been done before, but what plot hasn't? My only advice would be to NEVER post your script anywhere unless you have already registered it! If you post an unregistered script, it becomes fair game for someone else to steal and use.

That's all the advice I have. Have fun and good luck.

Well, the real strong part of the story- the bizzareness of seeing an exact replica of yourself- was an episode of the Twighlight Zone.

The Flayed One 04-28-2006 10:00 AM

Ok. I'll give you some feedback. Just make sure you understand that I'm being blunt because I'm a writer. This is not meant to be mean-spirited, just helpful.

1.) No self-respecting writer who gets paid/wants to get paid for their work is going to just throw a bunch of ideas at you when you give them a single line of plot. P2P writing help is based on feedback and the strong/weak points of your story. This is your baby, not ours; we're not going to write it for you.

That being said, what I'm getting out of this is: Boy sees clone, clone tries to kill boy. That's it? That's pretty vague, but I'll pop you some questions that might help you give us some more to work with.

Q: How does he know it's a clone? You said there's no lab/science involved, so how does your main character know it's not just some guy who bears a striking resemblance?

Q: Are you building mystery around this clone? Why he's there, where he came from & why he's trying to kill your hero? I'll state right now, that if a clone just pops up and starts chasing your hero trying to off him for no reason: it's pretty bad. I personally wouldn't watch it, and I'd gather that a lot of others wouldn't, either.

I'll throw you a bone and give you an idea to build around, though. Why don't you try having part of the story deal with your heros' self doubt. Say something happens to the point where he wonders if HE's the one who's the clone, not his counterpart trying to kill him. That might start to make it a little more interesting.

I really can't help you more unless you give me some more to go on. Hope that helps so far.

-Flayed

RavageRitual 04-28-2006 10:08 AM

Sorta like the scene in "Army Of Darkness"

Sorry dude but, bad idea....