Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   TV Shows (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   The Walking Dead - Thoughts? (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56622)

cheebacheeba 10-31-2010 08:35 PM

The Walking Dead - Thoughts?

Just wondering if anyone's watched it yet?
I'm currently downloading episode 1, as my country has shitty tv here and won't get it probably until sometime next year...

What are your thoughts?

SodaGirl 10-31-2010 10:35 PM

I loved it!

The imagery was excellent and the mood was really haunting. I'm also genuinely interested in the characters we met in episode one. Not only was there horror and gore, but the show also had heart... I even cried a little. I can't wait to see more episodes!

cheebacheeba 11-01-2010 05:12 AM

Just watched it.
I've read every issue of the comic thus far, and while there were a few changes/tweaks it was true to the source material.
Very atmospheric and well put together, you can tell a lot of care and hands-on work has been done between the two creative teams...
Not certain about ALL of the casting decisions but everyone seems to be doing fine.
Even having read through these events in the comic, I can say that IMO this one episode is (sadly) better than anything Romero has spat out on his existing cred in years.

VERY good, for fans of the comic and horror/zombie genre enthusiasts alike.

fiend_skull 11-01-2010 11:26 AM

I definitely enjoyed what I've seen so far, definitely worth the wait. I'm rather optimistic about the future of AMC's programming.

Sistinas666 11-01-2010 01:47 PM

I liked it and was pleasantly surprised by some of the gore.

newb 11-01-2010 01:48 PM

I guess we knew from the first 5 minutes that they weren't going to pull any punches. Very well done.

novakru 11-01-2010 03:58 PM

Never thought I would see something of this quality on TV.
KUDOS to every single person involved that brought this precious gem to us.

And...I can't think of any zombie series before this?
...which is weird if you think about it
...considering how much loved the genre is

Zero 11-01-2010 04:10 PM

watching it now - awesome!!!

neverending 11-07-2010 08:22 PM

Agreed on all counts. This was great. I hope they can maintain the quality throughout the series.

Berzin 11-08-2010 01:27 PM

I guess the characters are going to have to grow on me, but if you think about it these are exactly the type of disparate personalities one would expect would be thrown together during a zombie apocalypse.

As a zombie fan, I love the series so far. I think, idiotic parodies aside, this is still a growing genre within horror that directors/producers have only scratched the surface of.

If anyone saw the last episode of real Time with Bill Maher, he makes a hilarious point about zombies-he basically said if he is expected to be frightened by them, they have to learn to walk faster, or at least fast enough for him to think they could actually catch him.

massacre man 11-08-2010 03:27 PM

Michael Rooker is more badass than all of us combined.

endo 11-08-2010 03:57 PM

Missed the first episode due to a cable outage here Halloween weekend. Found it and recorded it and the second episode.
Watching it now, and so far I love it. Like NE said, I hope they can keep the quality this high throughout the series.

massacre man 11-08-2010 04:18 PM

For anyone who hasn't heard, on top of this 6-episode season "The Walking Dead" has been picked up for a second 13-episode season.

endo 11-08-2010 04:33 PM

Only 6 this season? That sucks. Cool that it's been picked up for 13 more though.
Finished episode one. Loved it!!

Freak 11-08-2010 05:40 PM

So far I'm loving every minute of it.I just hope it keeps getting better.

Anthropophagus 11-09-2010 11:01 AM

Watched the first episode on Friday night and was blown away at how good a tv show could be.The fx and overall style and tension were fantastic and was glued from start to finish.

I simply cannot wait for the next installment next Friday.

And i just loved the half woman zombie creeping along the grass,wow,even Romero doesnt make zombies like this.

bwind22 11-09-2010 11:13 AM

I've watched the first 2 episodes and this show simply kicks ass. It's like an R-rated zombie series on basic cable. Sweet. Thrilled to hear it's already been picked up for a second season.

TheWickerFan 11-09-2010 03:27 PM

As I've heard nothing but positive feedback about this show, I think I'll have to start watching.:)

Sistinas666 11-09-2010 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWickerFan (Post 880052)
As I've heard nothing but positive feedback about this show, I think I'll have to start watching.:)

Oh yea, check it out-its amazing!:)

massacre man 11-09-2010 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWickerFan (Post 880052)

It has MICHAEL ROOKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Freak 11-09-2010 06:56 PM

My friend gave me a sweet The Walkind Dead poster today.It's the view of him riding the horse down the interstate.

neverending 11-12-2010 04:22 AM

I don't know how uniform the commercials they show are from region to region, but if any of you saw thecommercial for LifeAlert, or something like that- with Joyce Brothers in it... I have to say that was a scary experience in itself. I grew up watching Joyce Brothers as a guest or panelist on dozens of shows, but she is so old and shrivelled up she looks exactly like one of the zombies now. No special effects! If any of you have seen this commercial, you know what I mean!

TheWickerFan 11-12-2010 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neverending (Post 880224)
I don't know how uniform the commercials they show are from region to region, but if any of you saw thecommercial for LifeAlert, or something like that- with Joyce Brothers in it... I have to say that was a scary experience in itself. I grew up watching Joyce Brothers as a guest or panelist on dozens of shows, but she is so old and shrivelled up she looks exactly like one of the zombies now. No special effects! If any of you have seen this commercial, you know what I mean!

Yikes!!:eek: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsuE6X5sUgo

neverending 11-12-2010 09:34 AM

That's the one!

newb 11-12-2010 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neverending (Post 880254)
That's the one!

holy shit

I've googled some of the "hot" babes from "back in the day"

it ain't pretty

thank god you and I are aging well ;)

HardCoreKid 11-13-2010 04:34 AM

Personally i loved it i thought it was very well made. can't wait for episode 3

Monet's Muse 11-13-2010 06:49 AM

I am really digging this series alot..and they are all ready renewed for another season...nice! The gore is great!!

Quote:

We need more guts.

Berzin 11-15-2010 02:01 PM

Just peeped episode three-it goes to show you how good this series is that there were hardly any zombies in it but it was still a great installment.

The plot twists are really engrossing and the storyline is excellent.

This series is getting better and better, and it started out fantastic to begin with!!!

TheWickerFan 11-15-2010 02:26 PM

I watched episode 2 the other day and LOVED it! Thank you to everyone who recommended it.:)

neverending 11-15-2010 07:43 PM

The best zombie movie made in years... is a TV series!

GoreHound13 11-15-2010 08:40 PM

Absolutely love it! genious concept for a television programme, very oridginal. need a lot more stuff like this on tv.

kimkardashian 11-16-2010 12:51 AM

Walking Dead the new television series seems to be good!! i like the story concept of the show..

marthaisdead 11-19-2010 07:59 AM

So far, The Walking Dead has failed to disappoint me. It has great story lines, wonderful acting, and really great zombie makeup. I think it's going to go far. As good as it is ... it's kinda strange to see something like this on TV and not as a movie or mini series.

I hope it goes for a long time.

GoreHound13 11-19-2010 06:24 PM

Only thing i hate about this show.......

Its not on often enough lol

Freak 11-22-2010 02:08 AM

Watched the fourth episode tonight and it was awesome.I want next sunday to be here already.

Berzin 11-22-2010 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marthaisdead (Post 881156)
So far, The Walking Dead has failed to disappoint me. It has great story lines, wonderful acting, and really great zombie makeup. I think it's going to go far. As good as it is ... it's kinda strange to see something like this on TV and not as a movie or mini series.

To me it's kind of strange to not see it on a public access station as part of a fright night series, the type that would play "Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things".

Episode 4 was awesome.

Too bad there are only two more episodes left for the season.

mike7184 11-24-2010 01:27 AM

I am huge fan of this show. i like the story concept of the show. I have seen all episodes of this show .

Sistinas666 11-24-2010 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike7184 (Post 881527)
I am huge fan of this show. i like the story concept of the show. I have seen all episodes of this show .

See kims post above for a like experience.:rolleyes:

Pontus Olgrim 11-25-2010 01:32 AM

Web series

Hi!

In Sweden a new web series, inspired by The Walking Dead, is under production, called The Great Dying. It´s a horror/action/adventure produced by Ödmården Produktion (www.odmarden.se). Despite a relatively low budget there are 15 episodes planned.

The action takes place 70 years after the great cathastroph. The few surviving human beings are scavenging to survive. There´s also a virus going around, a virus that turns you into flesh eating ghoul (zombie). We get to follow a small group of people in their struggles to reach a rumoured haven, Susannah.

The series is shot in English. Thea actors are yours truly (I appear in episode 4 and onwards), Ralf T. Beck from Tomb Rider, David Prowse etc.

The first episode has suffered a few technical mishaps, but this will be corrected from episode 2 and onwards.

Pontus Olgrim
www.pontusolgrim.se

Elvis_Christ 11-26-2010 08:07 PM

Started this last night and really dug the first episode. Pity there's only six episodes this time round I'm looking forward to seeing how it pans out.