Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Music (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   last concert...? (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21790)

Fearonsarms 11-10-2012 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ice Pik (Post 939940)
If I like it I like it wither or not it's on the radio. The only thing with underground bands is they really don't do concerts unless in their hometown and areas close by. Like when Orange Sky did a concert in Florida I was shocked because they left Tobago.

I hate it when non-UK bands only play London here which is difficult and too expensive for us northerners. Missed Loreena McKennitt and Dead Can Dance this year because their only UK gig was London

horrorfangirl66 02-23-2013 10:26 PM

Last concert was Dethklok which was awesome. :D

MichaelMyers 02-24-2013 04:59 AM

GWAR.

http://www.rialtotheatre.com/images/events/gwar1.jpg

Angra 02-24-2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelMyers (Post 945879)

Must be kinda hot playing in that outfit.

Elvis_Christ 04-21-2013 10:21 PM

Neil Young & Crazy Horse

Shit was unreal. So fuckin' sonically crushing at points.

horrorfangirl66 04-22-2013 08:47 AM

Last concert was Saturday night- Saw Clutch, Orange Goblin, Lionize and Scorpion Child. Was amazing :D

Elvis_Christ 04-22-2013 07:35 PM

Killer! I'd love to see Orange Goblin.

GrimlyFiendish 04-24-2013 09:06 AM

Saw the, ahem, Misfits couple of weeks ago. My boyfriend bought me the tickets for my birthday. I know it's not really the Misfits but I enjoy it regardless. I see it as a cheesy bit of fun really :)

Got Danzig tickets for June too though and he's doing a Misfits set with Doyle which I'm sure will wipe the floor with Jerry Only :p

newb 04-24-2013 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ (Post 948758)
Neil Young & Crazy Horse

Shit was unreal. So fuckin' sonically crushing at points.

nice :D

did he play a lot of the older stuff?

Elvis_Christ 04-24-2013 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newb (Post 948875)
did he play a lot of the older stuff?

A few things off Rust Never Sleeps but a good chunk of it was newer stuff. The tunes off the last album sounded much better live. He some more obscure stuff from Reactor too. Stoked he played Danger Bird. Dudes rocked out for about 3 and a half hours.... so much energy. Put a lot of younger bands to shame haha.

horrorfangirl66 04-29-2013 10:02 PM

Soilwork (one of my faves)! Got to meet Bjorn. I was right in the front the whole time during their set. Epic. :D:D:D

Global 08-13-2013 09:01 PM

My last concert was :

Spoilengine & Fear Factory

Elvis_Christ 12-17-2013 06:18 PM

Saw Merzbow play at a smaller club over here a couple of weeks ago. I don't think my hearing will ever be the same again ::big grin::

urgeok2 12-18-2013 01:04 AM

Goblin ...

And i got to shoot it :)

The Mothman 12-18-2013 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by urgeok2 (Post 961698)
Goblin ...

And i got to shoot it :)

Damn I missed them when they came by here.

The Mothman 12-18-2013 03:26 AM

Last show I saw was Negative Approach. 5th time seeing em and it still ruled.

urgeok2 12-18-2013 03:26 AM

Massimo Morante is using one of my shots as his timeline cover picture :)

a couple of years ago Claudio Simonetti also used one of mine

urgeok2 12-18-2013 07:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
test

IT worked!

Elvis_Christ 12-18-2013 07:37 AM

Great photo! Would love to see these guys one day. I was unfortunately at the wrong end of the country when they played their score to Suspiria at a film festival.

urgeok2 12-18-2013 07:39 AM

Thanks!

I was lucky enough to see 2 different manifestations of them and shoot them both times

Elvis_Christ 12-18-2013 07:50 AM

The new line up sounds great. I've got the 2013 Tour EP that Death Waltz Recordings put out and it's killer.

urgeok2 12-18-2013 08:04 AM

it's a shame there was a bit of a shakeup in the band .. there has to be at least 4 different configurations of Goblin, each sort of calling themselves Goblin..

I liked both that I saw ..

Elvis_Christ 12-18-2013 08:16 AM

Yeah good to see them doing their thing in the various incarnations of the band anyways. They might put their differences aside and preform with the original line up again one day.

urgeok2 12-20-2013 08:35 AM

Secret Chiefs 3 - the opener for Goblin

got to see this played live - blew the crowd away

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yc4vuVNWRmg

newb 12-20-2013 05:27 PM

Widespread Panic

great concert [music wise] but here is a little post I made on facebook after the show....it's a bit long so I don't expect any ADD people to read it::stick out tongue::

I'm thinking my Big Venue concert days are over. We got to the Orpheum at about 7:05. The place was pretty empty.... made our way to the beer stand and purchased a $13 22ounce Bud.Headed up 3 flights of stairs to our balcony seats. Apparently when this place was built, adults were the size of 12 year olds.After stuffing myself into the seat with my knees almost hitting my chin, I prepared for a relaxing concert experience .Looking around we noticed the balcony was less than half full so the three of us Mark,Ricky and myself spread out, leaving a seat between us.Not too bad. Within five minutes the balcony was full to capacity so we lost our little buffer zones. The band came out and whoosh ...everybody was on their feet. Ok...I get that...no problem..we will stand for a couple of songs then settle down and get comfy....hell I worked a hard 40 hr. week. I'm guessing nobody else did because we stood for the whole first hour plus set of which I missed about 20 minutes because I had to deposit 22 ounces of Bud into the urinal. The line was out the door....in the men's room...wtf. After finally making my way in and out of the bathroom, without losing my shoes on the sticky floor, I waiting another 10 minutes for a $13 22 ounce Bud....of which they only had the nasty light lime variety left.

Back to my seat now and wait for a overly long intermission. Bands back and whoosh.....back on our feet. I'm assuming a lot of people fired up during intermission because the dancing started. The fool next to me was really invading my space with his arms wildly flailing about.....then he notices me and gives me the "high five" sign. Anybody who knows me will tell you...I don't "high five". So not to leave him hanging I gave him a pathetic "low five". 3 songs in and we get a slow song.....people start sitting down....alright...this is more like it. Except the couple directly in front of me....they continue to dance...by dance I mean more of a slow rocking side to side kind of Walking Dead zombie shuffle. I really didn't pay $55 to look at their asses. Another scorcher of a song starts and whoosh....screw it..I'm sitting for this one. The girl behind me started her dance but it was much more violent than the zombies in front of me and at one point she hit me in the back of my head with her ass,hard enough to knock my hat off. I'm back on my feet now and Mark says " you want to get a beer after we leave here" . This was right when the encore started so I said " hell yeah ....let's go now"...especially since they closed the bar after the intermission. Made our way out to an overcrowded place around the corner and had a pint.

Elvis_Christ 12-22-2013 03:59 AM

Haha I'm starting to feel the same way about big concerts nowadays myself newb. Fortunately over here the seated areas don't tend to have people standing up like that. I prefer to sit and take it all in. Pretty good sign I'm getting old ::big grin::

Quote:

Originally Posted by urgeok2 (Post 961970)
Secret Chiefs 3 - the opener for Goblin

That video was great I'm sold on checking out some albums now.

urgeok2 12-22-2013 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ (Post 962058)
Haha I'm starting to feel the same way about big concerts nowadays myself newb. Fortunately over here the seated areas don't tend to have people standing up like that. I prefer to sit and take it all in. Pretty good sign I'm getting old ::big grin::

That video was great I'm sold on checking out some albums now.

the experience changes - you actually want to see the music, not just feel it.
stadium shows are for the birds - i've always loved smaller more intimate venues -

I was looking for Secret Chief 3 videos and found that most of them didnt reflect how manic they are on stage ...very intense musicianship

Elvis_Christ 12-22-2013 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by urgeok2 (Post 962061)
the experience changes - you actually want to see the music, not just feel it.
stadium shows are for the birds - i've always loved smaller more intimate venues -

Definitely. Smaller venues are the way to go but I take what I can get over here ::big grin::

urgeok2 12-22-2013 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ (Post 962068)
Definitely. Smaller venues are the way to go but I take what I can get over here ::big grin::

same here in Canada ..

the US have it made .. bands that would play in stadiums here play in bars over there ..

Elvis_Christ 12-22-2013 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by urgeok2 (Post 962069)
the US have it made .. bands that would play in stadiums here play in bars over there ..

My next trip will be over there and planned round lots of shows. Not long back from Europe but that was whirlwind trip planned around a wedding so didn't make it to any shows missed a few things by a couple of days but that's all good.

Lots of great Canadian hardcore/punk bands I'd like to see too. Deranged Records brings out some great stuff.

urgeok2 12-22-2013 06:13 AM

well if you finally get over here - give me a heads up!

Elvis_Christ 12-22-2013 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by urgeok2 (Post 962074)
well if you finally get over here - give me a heads up!

For sure. Clearing some debt and starting saving in the new year so will hopefully make it in the foreseeable future.

ferretchucker 12-24-2013 07:00 PM

In the same week in early December I was fortunate enough to see both The Naked and Famous on their "In Rolling Waves" tour at the O2 Shepherd's Bush Empire and Bo Burnham's final show on his "What" tour.

Both were incredible. Whoever was in charge of lighting for TNAF needs to get some recognition - stole the show, gave each song its own unique stage presence.

Burnham was strange. Heard one person on the tube afterwards saying they were "worried about him" and I must say I could see it. Perhaps he was just tired after a VERY long tour, but he seemed far more melancholy and introspective than before. His cyncism came across as more disillusioned than entertainingly facetious. Still, the lovely chap's put it on Netflix for free!

EDIT: Shit, totally forgot. The following week I also saw Hanson. Christ alive they were brilliant. Played a mixture of old and new, full of energy, really interacted with the crowd. There was a nice section in the middle of the show where 2 of them would leave the stage and leave one to do his own song - nice to have each one get their moment.

That and Taylor Hanson's butt.

FryeDwight 03-15-2014 12:24 AM

We saw Blue Coupe in August and they were fantastic! They are Joe/Albert Bouchard from Blue Oyster Cult and Dennis Dunaway from Alice Cooper (when Alice was a BAND and not a singer with hired guns). They have two really good albums out with lot of the material being played along with a generous portion of BOC/ACG nuggets. Meet and greet afterwards.

Mormo Zine 07-16-2014 01:23 PM

The last concert I went to was the horror punk band Calabrese. They were awesome!!

https://scontent-b-pao.xx.fbcdn.net/...67666221_n.jpg

Giganticface 07-16-2014 03:06 PM

I should have known there was a concert thread around here. I posted this in the wrong thread after I went to see Carcass.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giganticface (Post 971799)
This show was pretty killer. I had no idea Repulsion was opening for them. That was almost better than seeing Carcass. Both bands sorta had Old Guy syndrome, but still know how to grind it out.

Also saw Failure a month or so ago. Great show. No opening band, just two long sets of grungy space rock.

Baron Von Marlon 07-26-2014 08:54 PM

Joe Satriani
About a month ago in a nice, small outdoors venue.
It's almost surreal how good he can play.
I'm sure even people who don't like instrumental rock can appreciate him live.

The Hip Priests
Less than a month ago in some pub.
Awesome fast, sleazy punk rock 'n' roll from the UK.
A bit like The Ramones or Misfits playing Motorhead songs.
Solid live act.

120DaysofSodom 10-04-2014 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baron Von Marlon (Post 974294)
Joe Satriani
About a month ago in a nice, small outdoors venue.
It's almost surreal how good he can play.
I'm sure even people who don't like instrumental rock can appreciate him live.

Satch is the greatest guitarist to have ever lived. Nobody can/could do more with their guitar than he can.

FryeDwight 12-07-2014 01:27 AM

KASHMIR last night in Plymouth NH. Wife thought I was losing my marbles or slumming when I told her I got tix to a Led Zeppelin tribute band, but they were really good, capturing the vibe dead on. 23 songs and almost three hours. The usual suspects played and some deep cuts also. Cool venue/crowd and nice meet and greet after the show. The bass player looked familiar and found out he was Felix Hanneman who had some success in the 80's with the band Zebra. Well worth seeing if you're a Zep fan.

vampyd1977 12-16-2014 12:54 PM

children of bodom in sheffield, uk. supported by the mighty napalm death.