Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Upcoming Horror Movies (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Stephen King's IT (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50234)

_____V_____ 03-13-2009 06:45 AM

Stephen King's IT

Warner Bros. is doing "It," tapping Dave Kajganich to adapt Stephen King's novel, with Dan Lin and Vertigo's Roy Lee and Doug Davison producing.

"It" centers on seven children in a small Maine town who confront the source of a series of murders in 1958 and again in 1985, when the cycle begins again.

The novel was previously adapted into a 1990 ABC miniseries.

Kajganich is also writing "Escape From New York" for Neal Moritz and New Line and "True Story" for Plan B to produce at Paramount Vantage, with Kevin McDonald attached to direct.

phantomstranger 03-14-2009 11:59 AM

Lets hope it's good, because there nothing worse than a big pile of "IT"

Posher778 03-14-2009 04:16 PM

Ooooh how exciting!

ferretchucker 03-15-2009 04:14 AM

I've always liked the adaptation with Tim Curry in it, though a theatrical version might be fun.

davidd60 03-15-2009 09:32 PM

I never saw the movie, or read the novel, but i hear its scary, sounds fun lol

lucifreek 03-16-2009 07:55 AM

I would watch the remake. It can't be that bad. I just hope they show more gore in the remake. And have scarier scenes. The original IT was scary as hell, and I loved the novel by Stephen King. I would like to see a remake though!

creepycrawler23 03-18-2009 09:27 AM

oh brother....here we go. they should leave out the giant mantis

Bleedwalls 03-20-2009 10:24 AM

Man oh man

It used to scare the hell out of me.

In fact I think this movie is the reason why so many of my friends have a fear of clowns.

When I got older and watched it I did not think it was that big of a deal. Rather corny actually. Especially the ending with the bike. Yuck!

newb 03-20-2009 01:13 PM

I never watched the original .

hmmmm....that's kind of odd.....maybe because it was a TV movie.

Doc Faustus 03-20-2009 04:00 PM

The tv movie lost a lot of the intellectual and spiritual core of the book. Hopefully this version won't.

hacelikewhoa 03-20-2009 10:20 PM

Can they leave just ONE of my favorite horror movies alone? Just one original left untouched? No, too much to ask for.

Zero 03-21-2009 10:56 AM

i actually think this could be good as i felt the tv version had lots of faults (curry was great but the adult actors were very weak)

Assertion 03-25-2009 01:18 PM

I just think that making anything king writes a movie should not be done. Soon we'll see dark tower, and that kinda just sucked at book three...

The_Return 03-25-2009 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zero (Post 795459)
i actually think this could be good as i felt the tv version had lots of faults (curry was great but the adult actors were very weak)

Agreed 100%.

I haven't read the book, but the original TV version - despite having LOTS of great elements - was pretty flawed. Pennywise was amazing, but the parts without him were fairly weak. I'll watch the remake for sure.

Zero 03-25-2009 04:11 PM

its funny - i read the book and liked it but remember thinking that the sections with the kids were great - but the sections with the adults were lame and cardboard. . . then, i felt the exact same way about the movie - the kids and pennywise were amazing - the walton johnboy sections were laughable

Elvis_Christ 03-25-2009 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doc Faustus (Post 795372)
The tv movie lost a lot of the intellectual and spiritual core of the book. Hopefully this version won't.

Yeh it was pretty dumbed down. Hopefully this will deliver on what was left out.
It's gonna be a pretty long flick if its a faithful adaption.

Posher778 03-28-2009 10:32 AM

Well, the part when they were children was great... The adult scenes... Not so much.

Doc Faustus 03-28-2009 12:32 PM

Such poor casting. The movie really predicted the future when it showed how much more engaging Seth Green was than Harry Anderson.

Camp Blood 101 04-10-2009 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _____V_____ (Post 793840)
Warner Bros. is doing "It," tapping Dave Kajganich to adapt Stephen King's novel, with Dan Lin and Vertigo's Roy Lee and Doug Davison producing.

"It" centers on seven children in a small Maine town who confront the source of a series of murders in 1958 and again in 1985, when the cycle begins again.

The novel was previously adapted into a 1990 ABC miniseries.

Kajganich is also writing "Escape From New York" for Neal Moritz and New Line and "True Story" for Plan B to produce at Paramount Vantage, with Kevin McDonald attached to direct.

i hope it's as good as the original movie, tim curry's acting as pennywise was creepy and awesome.

freddy69 04-15-2009 10:17 AM

remake

i hope the remake is as good as the first it, IT is my fave. stephen king movie:D

Cheetara101 04-25-2009 03:46 AM

I love the Stephen King book "IT". The film was good and Tim Curry was classic as "Pennywise". I admit---I've always feared clowns and Tim Curry seems to bring the character to life beyond the film.

Personally, I think they should not REMAKE this film. I don't think anyone could capture the twisted essence of Pennywise like Tim Curry did.:eek:

Some movies they should just let be. What ever happened to originality? Oops! I forgot the filmmakers are running out of ideas and now want to remake films over & over again.:rolleyes:

Angra 04-26-2009 07:29 AM

To me this remake makes sense.

There's a LOT from the original that could be done better, especially the ending that was, lets be honest, an insult to the book.

Looking forward to see it.

scouse mac 04-26-2009 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheetara101 (Post 802676)
Tim Curry was classic as "Pennywise". I admit---I've always feared clowns and Tim Curry seems to bring the character to life beyond the film.

Agree, Tim Curry was a really good Pennywise but I wouldn't mind a remake. There is nothing overly stunning about the first 'imagining' (:rolleyes: ) that couldnt be improved upon.

Ive never been afraid of clowns but I do have an irrational hatred of them.

Jax 04-26-2009 12:14 PM

They should have Bill Moseley or that guy who played Rosache as Pennywise, perhaps Frank Darabont ("Shawshank Redemption" and "Green Mile" including "Mist") as director.

Cheetara101 04-26-2009 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angra (Post 802809)

There's a LOT from the original that could be done better, especially the ending that was, lets be honest, an insult to the book.

You make a good point. The original film didn't capture everything which was described in great detail in the book.

Zero mentioned earlier that the adults were quite lame---I agree. The characters were more charismatic as children. If there is a remake of this wonderful Stephen King tale I really hope that the director & everyone involved takes this seriously. I don't want to see another horror remake flop.

Elvis_Christ 04-27-2009 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jax (Post 802843)
They should have Bill Moseley

I'd love to see that happen!

Living Dead Dude 04-28-2009 12:48 PM

IT was ok. I like it a lot though! :eek:

Angra 04-28-2009 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jax (Post 802843)
They should have Bill Moseley

He should play Charles Manson, that's what he should..

A lot of actors could play Pennywise. Who says he has to sound like Tim Curry?

Personally i would prefer a more creepy sounding Pennywise in the remake.

roseyred 04-28-2009 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angra (Post 802809)

I agree with you. The book was very good but the movie left alot out. I love Tim Curry i felt like he was the best pennywise, I would love to see who they would cast today as him. Although i too am tired of the poorly made remake i think this remake makes sense. Im also looking forward to seeing it.

horrorsniped 02-18-2010 07:25 AM

Stephen King's IT Remake 2011

Don't know if this was mentioned...but this is one of the SCARIEST films for me ever and they are officially remaking this film! It will be an "R-rated" film too! More info: http://showhype.com/story/writer_tal...emake_r_rated/

Also, check my site for the Limited Edition Tim Curry IT doll at http://www.horrorsniped.com

I also want to see how the Pet Sematary remake will do...that will be verrrry interesting.

dkwrtw 02-18-2010 08:50 AM

Couldn't be worse than the original, I'll watch it.

Scarebaby 02-18-2010 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creepycrawler23 (Post 794867)

A mantis? I don't remember that from the book, or from the first movie. Oo

friday13thfan 02-18-2010 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horrorsniped (Post 849898)
Don't know if this was mentioned...but this is one of the SCARIEST films for me ever and they are officially remaking this film! It will be an "R-rated" film too! More info: http://showhype.com/story/writer_tal...emake_r_rated/

Also, check my site for the Limited Edition Tim Curry IT doll at http://www.horrorsniped.com

I also want to see how the Pet Sematary remake will do...that will be verrrry interesting.

*looks at first post* Yeah pretty sure it was mentioned.

K.Diddy 02-18-2010 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creepycrawler23 (Post 794867)

:confused:You mean Giant spider?

dkwrtw 02-19-2010 09:48 AM

I'm sick of Stephen King Villains ending up as Giant Spiders.

horrorsniped 02-19-2010 04:51 PM

What the? I didn't see this topic when I did my search.....I guess I need to touch up my searching ability. I was wondering why my post got deleted. I still can't believe news for this remake was out in 2005! Where the hell does one get info that early? Unless it's the whole insder aspect. I never thought of checking if there would ever be a remake to this movie. Man I CAN'T WAIT for this :)

TheShape78 02-19-2010 05:25 PM

I'm looking forward to it. I'll definitely watch it.

horrorsniped 02-22-2010 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by friday13thfan (Post 850022)
*looks at first post* Yeah pretty sure it was mentioned.

I made a thread relating to this movie but what the mod did was erase my thread and simply add my post to this existing thread. That's why it looks like I didn't make sense with that post...

sorny 08-28-2011 02:34 PM

It Remake

Hi

Been searching the all day trying to find out as much as I can about a possible remake.

From what I can tell WB was going to green light a remake.
However that was the last of it.

A screen writer apparently wrote a screenplay. However it was only long enough for a 2 hour movie.

This doesn't sound like a good idea. Based on the length of the book a true remake would be at least a 2 part movie. 2 hours+ each.

Anyone have any thoughts or news?

The Villain 08-28-2011 02:46 PM

They would have to do it in parts like how they're planning on doing The Stand. They could probably do one half as the kids and the other as adults but i think that would seem repetitive. I liked how in the book it went back and forth. I havent seen the miniseries in a long time and i cant exactly remember how they did it in that but i think it was the same as the book. I know they left a lot out. I would like to see a version of it that was truer to the book.