Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Upcoming Horror Movies (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Day of the Dead: Bloodline {2018} (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68314)

DeadbeatAtDawn 12-05-2017 07:34 PM

Day of the Dead: Bloodline {2018}

Thumb resize.

Day of the Dead: Bloodline is an upcoming Bulgarian-American action horror film directed by Hèctor Hernández Vicens and the screenplay by Mark Tonderai and Lars Jacobson based on the characters created by George A. Romero. ... The film set to be released on 5 January 2018.

A small group of military personnel and survivalists dwell in an underground bunker as they seek to find a cure in a world overrun by zombies.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3053228/
Director: Hèctor Hernández Vicens

Thumb resize.

Thumb resize.

RRl 04-12-2018 08:19 PM

I looked at it last night and wasn't expecting much but it's pretty interesting.

DeadbeatAtDawn 04-13-2018 12:54 AM

This is my 'worst' film of 2018. I know nothing will beat this.

Sculpt 04-13-2018 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadbeatAtDawn (Post 1030383)
This is my 'worst' film of 2018. I know nothing will beat this.

Ouch! For just full length films?

LuvablePsycho 05-11-2018 07:24 AM

I loved the original but I have a feeling that this will be garbage.

In fact my biggest complaint about modern zombie movies is why do they all have to be action movies? Whatever happened to zombie movies being scary? The original Day of the Dead was also about a bunch of soldiers and yet it still managed to be such a terrifying and gruesome movie. I don't get that kind of feeling with today's zombie movies they're always about a bunch of macho tough guys killing lots of zombies while expressing no real fear whatsoever. ::roll eyes::

Bloof 05-12-2018 08:05 AM

I shall be keeping a watch for this one!

LuvablePsycho 05-12-2018 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enigma (Post 1030941)
They can't express fear, as most of the indie movies have cast, which mostly acts first time, or mostly they are not that good in terms of acting bar. and secondly it is budget factor as well for such movies, which makes things worse to deal with.
So you really can't blame them here. and besides there have been movies, where even though they had low budget and bad actors, still it was worth the watch. it just happens once a while kind of deal eh.

No, the problem is that the zombie genre has went from horror to action. It's as simple as that.

It's just like what happened with the vampire genre in the 1990's and early 2000's. We ended up with movies like Blade and Underworld which were all about action.

Sculpt 05-12-2018 01:14 PM

It took me three evenings to get through Bloodline...

No character depth, no plot depth. It's more like a bad episode of The Stargate (TV series)... that is, in the way it looks and proceeds. Has no sense of humor. The cinematography, sound and effects are fine.

LuvablePsycho 05-13-2018 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enigma (Post 1030995)
They had some horror elements in it, when it came to effects or so. but yep people and critics considered them as horror rather than horror/thriller movies anyway.
Moving on, those movies were ideal in their own front, be it acting, the tense drama, they were good.
Such movies are rare to witness now days. If the story is good, the acting sucks nowdays.
We gotta watch what we have now right
That era was different.

I noticed that the acting in a lot of movies sucks nowadays too, even in big budget movies! I guess it's hard for actors to actually "act" when their faces are pumped full of botox and they can't express any basic emotion but all anybody cares about anymore is that the actors look sexy so I guess nobody really notices...

LuvablePsycho 05-13-2018 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enigma (Post 1030999)
Well there are few indie directors and even mainstream directors as well, who with limited budget get the best actors with bearable acting skills to make movie a pleasuring experience i suppose.
you just have to be lucky i guess.

Moving on, you had said to me in some another post by calling me a douchebag, that you have figured me who you are and that you were gonna tell me about it?
So is it still developing in your cuckoo head or you need time?
Whatever time you need, let me know.
But hope your brutality makes me stalk you more!

Lol sorry about that, I just don't like people like you. But you really need to drop that because it's off topic. ::stick out tongue::