Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Classic Horror Movies (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Last Seen 70s/80s Movie (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31568)

bloodrayne 07-16-2005 05:56 AM

We saw Land Of The Dead last night...

I don't know why you guys come down so hard on this one...It wasn't the WORST movie, by any means...

We all liked it...

But...Then again...I love Bub...And these guys were ALL 'Bubs':D

42ndStreetFreak 07-16-2005 07:36 AM

"McVicar"

zwoti 07-16-2005 08:01 AM

tess

bwind22 07-16-2005 10:26 AM

Hostage - Not bad, but nothing spectacular either. Sort of a typical Bruce Willis is the cop that gets put into a tight situation kinda movie. There's some cool action but overall it was a bit run of the mill... I'd give it a C+.

Charlie and The Chocolate Factory - Visually awesome, but I never got used to the voice that Depp used for Wonka. It was like a grown man trying to sound like a little girl or something. Anyways, I think it followed the book a bit closer than the Gene Wilder version, but I still like the original version better. I'd give it a B-.

zwoti 07-16-2005 12:19 PM

diamonds are forever

MoonLit Meadow 07-16-2005 12:20 PM

Million Dollar Baby...excellent :)

RoLLiNLiGhTs 07-16-2005 01:39 PM

Million Dollar Baby was great , if you were looking for a heart felt movie... I was under the impression that it was gonna be kick-ass...Shit it had Clint & Samuel.....but wasn't disappointed....very cool movie........

hellfire1 07-16-2005 01:46 PM

i think you mean freeman

zwoti 07-16-2005 02:07 PM

seems like ages since i watched a horror flick

deathwatch

mitchdoran 07-16-2005 02:24 PM

Last night/this morning I watched:

Evil Dead II (once with commentary, once without)

NOTLD (I watched the color version for about 30 seconds and felt wrong, so I switched it back..)

and then these, which I hadn't seen before:

Good Against Evil (1977) It was ok...

Silent Night, Bloody Night (1973) That one was a little better than GAE

Kill, Baby, ...Kill! (1966) This movie, I dug a LOT. I think it's an Italian film, set in Transylvania. Some beautiful shots in this one.. if anyone knows where theres a really good transfer of this one, lemme know! :D

INSOMNIA MOVIE MARATHON!!

zwoti 07-16-2005 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by mitchdoran
Kill, Baby, ...Kill! (1966) This movie, I dug a LOT. I think it's an Italian film, set in Transylvania. Some beautiful shots in this one.. if anyone knows where theres a really good transfer of this one, lemme know! :D
the mario bava film?

mitchdoran 07-16-2005 02:47 PM

Yup, thats the one.

The_Return 07-16-2005 05:52 PM

Sometimes They Come Back

I enjoyed it:D

MoonLit Meadow 07-16-2005 07:35 PM

Kinsey....not as good as I had hoped, but not bad either :)

BH14 07-16-2005 08:05 PM

Versus

I thought this movie was suppose to be really good. I was disappointed with the whole plot. I saw too many similarities to the matrix. And it gets kinda boring to see the same backdrop of trees all the time. The martial arts were good but not good enough to fix its flaws.

Amalthea 07-17-2005 04:06 AM

The Fantastic Voyage (1966) 9 / 10
The War Of The Worlds (1953) 10 / 10

feral cat 07-17-2005 03:19 PM

Into the mirror ... pretty good horror from Korea

Steve_Hutchison 07-17-2005 03:46 PM

Tales from the Crypt : from Comic Book to Television. I liked it a lot.

MoonLit Meadow 07-17-2005 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Steve_Hutchison
Tales from the Crypt : from Comic Book to Television. I liked it a lot.
Good to hear. I was thinking of picking that up this week:)

Steve_Hutchison 07-17-2005 03:56 PM

horror comic, tales from the crypt and creepshow fans will surely enjoy it.

The_Return 07-17-2005 04:54 PM

This afternoon, I watched a great 40's mad scientist flick, The Monster Maker. Good, if predictable, plot...the acting was on par for the most part, and a bit better than expected from certain players. I thought it was great!

Now, I just got home from Fantastic Four, and I really cant see why everyone hates it. I thought it was great! Sure, there were some little plot wholes. Sure, Jessica Alba was TERRIBLE. Yes, they completly slaughtered the origins of Dr. Doom[But Ill let that slide cause he was still damn cool:)] And the script was bad too, but I think intentional. Ever read an old comic book? Case in point. The cast, in general, was good, with the exception of Alba. Way to young. Chiclas [sp?] was perfect, Gruffudd [sp? again] was pretty good, and Chris Evans was an awesome Human Torch. And as I mentioned, they slaughtered Doom's character/origins, but McMahon was still very good, and despite being massivly changed, the character was still damn cool [Espically at the end;)]

Overall, I was impressed:D

mitchdoran 07-17-2005 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by The_Return
This afternoon, I watched a great 40's mad scientist flick, The Monster Maker. Good, if predictable, plot...the acting was on par for the most part, and a bit better than expected from certain players. I thought it was great!

Now, I just got home from Fantastic Four, and I really cant see why everyone hates it. I thought it was great! Sure, there were some little plot wholes. Sure, Jessica Alba was TERRIBLE. Yes, they completly slaughtered the origins of Dr. Doom[But Ill let that slide cause he was still damn cool:)] And the script was bad too, but I think intentional. Ever read an old comic book? Case in point. The cast, in general, was good, with the exception of Alba. Way to young. Chiclas [sp?] was perfect, Gruffudd [sp? again] was pretty good, and Chris Evans was an awesome Human Torch. And as I mentioned, they slaughtered Doom's character/origins, but McMahon was still very good, and despite being massivly changed, the character was still damn cool [Espically at the end;)]

Overall, I was impressed:D

see, I didn't think alba's acting was bad. I just thought that there were a lot of other things wrong. The movie lost all footing with me at the bridge scene. Why did the IW have to go invisible to get the rest of them across to where the thing was? They just cut to them on the other side.. that was too much for me.

I agree with you about the intentional comic like script now that you bring it up.

BUT, wouldn't it suck if a comic was printed as though it had a few pages ripped out of it at random?

thats how the movie felt to me.

I'm just too bitter! haha I'm glad you enjoyed it though.:D

jenna26 07-17-2005 07:00 PM

Beyond the Sea. Despite the fact that Spacey was too old for the role he really did manage to pull it off. Nice vocals. Of course, Kate Bosworth was just annoying.....and it was a tad sentimental for my taste. But pretty good overall, I guess, particularly if you are a Bobby Darin fan. I know next to nothing about him myself.

TheOmen 07-17-2005 07:39 PM

What Have You Done To Solange? Incidentally, I highly recommend it. A top notch 'Giallo'.

jenna26 07-17-2005 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by hellboy
But you like his music?:eek:
Not particuarly,I don't really have much of an opinion either way, the only reason I watched the movie is that I am a Kevin Spacey fan and I watch every film that he is eventually.....:p

jenna26 07-17-2005 09:14 PM

Quote:

Oh well, you almost made a friend.:(
What you won't be my friend now? Well that's just fickle....:p

Blues Singer 07-17-2005 11:19 PM

Last film I watched was Dario Argento's Sleepless. Although the disc started skipping so only watched about half of it. Pretty shit anyway so weren't too bothered.

Last full film I watched was probably Southern Comfort. Good film.

jenna26 07-18-2005 01:06 AM

Quote:

Only if you listen to Mack The Knife 5 times in a row.:D
Trying to turn me into a fan or just make me suffer?:D

I kid, I kid.....:p

Can't sleep, so I am watching Stand By Me right now.

slasherman 07-18-2005 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by feral cat
Into the mirror ... pretty good horror from Korea
...tell that to Angra :)

"Cherry Falls"...pretty good slasher ....reminded me of "Valentine" which I know many people hate....

"Once Upon a Time In Mexico".....again.....this time with commentary by Robert R.

Angra 07-18-2005 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by slasherman
...tell that to Angra :)

"Cherry Falls"...pretty good slasher ....reminded me of "Valentine" which I know many people hate....

"Once Upon a Time In Mexico".....again.....this time with commentary by Robert R.

They all sucked! I liked Depp though.... As usual. :cool:

42ndStreetFreak 07-18-2005 04:54 AM

"Mexico" is by far the best of the 3 Desperado films. So there.

urgeok 07-18-2005 06:24 AM

King Arthur ..

was way better than i expected. (from the cover art - and having heard nothing about it - i was expecting a teenage romance version)

it had a couple of out of place comic relief moments that were unneccessary but for the most part the film was pretty good.

Clive Owen (i think thats his name) was a pretty compelling lead ...
reminded me of Russell Crowe in Gladiator ..

Angra 07-18-2005 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by urgeok
King Arthur ..

was way better than i expected. (from the cover art - and having heard nothing about it - i was expecting a teenage romance version)

it had a couple of out of place comic relief moments that were unneccessary but for the most part the film was pretty good.

I liked Mads Mikkelsen. The danish contribution.... Of course. :D

Other than that i only found it fairly entertaining. Somehow i missed something supernatural in the story. Donīt know why?

AUSTIN316426808 07-18-2005 06:35 AM

Quote:

You sure that's not a bit of an exaggeration?

Don't get me wrong I like Clive Owen and think he's a good actor but you really think he matched up to Crowe?

42ndStreetFreak 07-18-2005 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Angra
Somehow i missed something supernatural in the story. Donīt know why?
That's easy! Because all the famous parts of the tale, and basically all the best bits of the tale, ARE supernatural.
Take away the mythology from the story and you don't have much story.

urgeok 07-18-2005 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by AUSTIN316426808
You sure that's not a bit of an exaggeration?

Don't get me wrong I like Clive Owen and think he's a good actor but you really think he matched up to Crowe?

not so much match up -
i just found his performance reminded me of 'gladiator' .. a strong leader of men .. played convincingly ..

i also thought it was funny how everyone looked like a member of a metal band ...

Creighton Duke 07-18-2005 09:43 AM

last seen movie.

Switchblade Romance or High Tension.

Brilliant! Was not disappointed with ending either.

Angra 07-18-2005 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by 42ndStreetFreak
That's easy! Because all the famous parts of the tale, and basically all the best bits of the tale, ARE supernatural.
Take away the mythology from the story and you don't have much story.

Oh yeah... Thatīs right. ;)

jenna26 07-18-2005 11:05 AM

Quote:

King Arthur ..

I thought it was better than expected also.....but I find Clive Owen......um, fascinating. So I figured that is why I liked it. :p And I don't mind that they tried something a little different.

urgeok 07-18-2005 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by jenna26
I thought it was better than expected also.....but I find Clive Owen......um, fascinating. So I figured that is why I liked it. :p And I don't mind that they tried something a little different.

kind of had a wild bunch/seven samurai feel to it as well..