Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Classic Horror Movies (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Last Seen 70s/80s Movie (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31568)

The_Return 01-16-2005 03:28 PM

I havnt seen it in years, I guess I should track it down again, too;)

nine9 01-16-2005 03:42 PM

Angels In America................hmmmmmmmmmmmmm still thinking about it. Very well acted, and interesting idea, just not sure how much i actually liked it .

AUSTIN316426808 01-16-2005 04:20 PM

Beetlejuice

Tat2 01-16-2005 08:53 PM

Just finished watching Se7en.

Angra 01-16-2005 11:31 PM

Napoleon dynamite. Hated it.

Thanks Urge-not-so-ok! :mad:

The_Return 01-17-2005 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Angra

Are you serious!! I laughed my ass off at that!

urgeok 01-17-2005 04:47 AM

Quote:

you sir,

need to have your pants covered in animal fat and locked in a room with 300 ravenous rabid weasles.

Angra 01-17-2005 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by The_Return
Are you serious!! I laughed my ass off at that!

I dont think that i have laughed so little over a commedy, like the case was with this one. Didnīt see anything remotely funny about a pathetic guy (and family) who keeps on being pathetic the entire movie. Thatīs just sad. :mad:

newb 01-17-2005 08:19 AM

Watched "The Forgotten" over the weekend. I didn't think is was bad...kept my interest anyway. The alien plot was a little muddled.

Angra 01-17-2005 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by newb
Watched "The Forgotten" over the weekend. I didn't think is was bad...kept my interest anyway. The alien plot was a little muddled.

The end was too far out.

I liked "Godsend" better. It was cool to see Robert De Niro in a horror movie. :)

urgeok 01-17-2005 09:35 AM

Quote:

The end was too far out.

I liked "Godsend" better. It was cool to see Robert De Niro in a horror movie. :)

didnt like Napoleon Dynamite ... liked The Godsend.

hmmmmmmmm

maybe its a cultural thing ..... arent your from finland or something like that ?

Angra 01-17-2005 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by urgeok
didnt like Napoleon Dynamite ... liked The Godsend.

hmmmmmmmm

maybe its a cultural thing ..... arent your from finland or something like that ?

Finland????? SCREW YOU TOO!!! LOL

Didnīt mean to offend you, but "Napoleon Dynamite" stunk like anything has ever stunked before!!!

Now, get on with your life, you. :cool:

42ndStreetFreak 01-17-2005 10:10 AM

"Silent Night, Bloody Night"

Nemesis412 01-17-2005 10:25 AM

I just watched I,Robot I thought it was really good.

Angra 01-17-2005 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Nemesis412
I just watched I,Robot I thought it was really good.
Yes, it had some good and funny dialogue.
Too bad Bruce willis didnīt get the role as Del. The character and lines was made for him.

Will Smith does a great job too. But that man can get any job he points at. Its harder for the ageing Willis.... I think?

Amalthea 01-17-2005 11:02 AM

I rented Behind The Sun (2001) today in the library, this was Golden Globe nominated for best foreign language movie for two years ago.

Angra 01-17-2005 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Amalthea
I rented Behind The Sun (2001) today in the library, this was Golden Globe nominated for best foreign language movie for two years ago.

So how was it?

Amalthea 01-17-2005 11:55 AM

It was great!
Touching, funny and sad!
Have you seen it Angra?

Nemesis412 01-17-2005 11:57 AM

Quote:

Yes, it had some good and funny dialogue.
Too bad Bruce willis didnīt get the role as Del. The character and lines was made for him.

Will Smith does a great job too. But that man can get any job he points at. Its harder for the ageing Willis.... I think?

Yes.....wow Angra I never thought about that but yeah Bruce woulda been a great choice. And hes the shit too

ChEEbA 01-17-2005 01:23 PM

Angra, if you like DeNiro in horror, I saw a trailer at Elektra for a film called "Hide and Seek", looked kinda interesting, look up the trailer to watch if you can.

I just saw Canibal holocaust...for starters, the movie contained the real executions of at least two animals (I wasn't sure about the turtle), either way, I didn't like this.
I personally think the rest of the film is a little over-rated, weak, pointless storyline and for the better part, very shitty acting.
I was pretty bored most of the way through, even during the "snuff" type scenes, some of which were convincing, some were not. I dunno, I just founf it distasteful and not much more.
Sure, some gore freaks would have loved it no doubt, but personally, I don't give a shit to ever watch this movie again.

EXTR3MIST 01-17-2005 01:33 PM

You can never leave the awesome Cannibal Holocaust unaffected by the experience.

The turtle was really killed by the cast members (whose acting is really very good, although their ethics in respect of the animal killings is questionable).

The "snuff" scenes you refer to (in the Road to Hell sequence?) is actually real footage of third-world executions.

Interestingly, these scenes are portrayed as fake in the movie, where conversely the "found" footage of Yates and his crew is suggested to be the authentic stuff (which, one supposes, some of it is considering the genuine animal slaughters... though more than one person has been convinced the cannibal killings were also real, hence the hightened furore over the film).

IDrinkYourBlood 01-17-2005 03:23 PM

Die Another Day.
Fuck, Bond films are the greatest things to ever come into this world.

42ndStreetFreak 01-17-2005 03:24 PM

"Cannibal Holocaust" is prime Euro Exploitation!

Deodato made an exciting and thankfully serious movie.

The documentary footage looks suitably authentic with its light flares, scratches, jump cuts and ever-moving camera.
This technique also helps the gore effects to no end as Deodato chooses to film his gore scenes from a slight distance with unstable camera set ups.
Add to this the absence of garishly fake blood, and what you have are truly unnerving dismemberments and beheadings.

Wonderful score as well.

Cannibal Holocaust is difficult viewing i agree. The animal suffering is hard to stomach for sure.
Yet the film itself is a well made, multi-layered, exciting and ultimately satisfying wallow in the blood stained waters of extreme cinema.

A movie that's a very, very guilty pleasure.

EXTR3MIST 01-17-2005 03:41 PM

Quote:

A movie that's a very, very guilty pleasure
You should see Angry Anal #33 - now that's a very, very, VERY guilty pleasure.

Ugh ugh ugh!

nine9 01-17-2005 05:26 PM

Dog Soldiers. Very good but I think I will watch it again........had alot of interuptions during it so I lost the continuity :rolleyes:

Nemesis412 01-17-2005 05:34 PM

I heard that movie was really good. I haven't seen it yet.

nine9 01-17-2005 05:39 PM

Quote:

I heard that movie was really good. I haven't seen it yet.
It is, and it deserved my full attention :) Gotta rewatch it.

Nemesis412 01-17-2005 05:49 PM

haha awesome ill have to check it out

nine9 01-17-2005 07:46 PM

Quote:

haha awesome ill have to check it out
Nothing personal...............and you won't even get it........but your av reminds me of our dear, sweet, former resident nazi, Darth Bane.............PLEASE get your own av! :( :p

kpropain 01-17-2005 08:12 PM

I watched Ghost Watcher today, don't bother with watching it, it is a total fucking piece of shit...

Hate_Breeder 01-17-2005 08:58 PM

Resident Evil:Apocalypse

Angra 01-18-2005 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Amalthea
It was great!
Touching, funny and sad!
Have you seen it Angra?

No, but i will keep it in mind, if it should turn up on my tv some day. ;)

Angra 01-18-2005 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by ChEEbA
Angra, if you like DeNiro in horror, I saw a trailer at Elektra for a film called "Hide and Seek", looked kinda interesting, look up the trailer to watch if you can.

I just saw Canibal holocaust...for starters, the movie contained the real executions of at least two animals (I wasn't sure about the turtle), either way, I didn't like this.
I personally think the rest of the film is a little over-rated, weak, pointless storyline and for the better part, very shitty acting.
I was pretty bored most of the way through, even during the "snuff" type scenes, some of which were convincing, some were not. I dunno, I just founf it distasteful and not much more.
Sure, some gore freaks would have loved it no doubt, but personally, I don't give a shit to ever watch this movie again.

Hey thanks Cheeba. Im definitely gonna watch that movie when it comes up. ;) :)

Angra 01-18-2005 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by EXTR3MIST
You can never leave the awesome Cannibal Holocaust unaffected by the experience.

The turtle was really killed by the cast members (whose acting is really very good, although their ethics in respect of the animal killings is questionable).

The "snuff" scenes you refer to (in the Road to Hell sequence?) is actually real footage of third-world executions.

Interestingly, these scenes are portrayed as fake in the movie, where conversely the "found" footage of Yates and his crew is suggested to be the authentic stuff (which, one supposes, some of it is considering the genuine animal slaughters... though more than one person has been convinced the cannibal killings were also real, hence the hightened furore over the film).

Sounds disgusting and distasteful. :mad:

Angra 01-18-2005 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by nine9
Dog Soldiers. Very good but I think I will watch it again........had alot of interuptions during it so I lost the continuity :rolleyes:
Dog Soldiers is a pretty good and different werewolf movie, and its very entertaining!:)

42ndStreetFreak 01-18-2005 01:20 AM

Quote:

Sounds disgusting and distasteful. :mad:
MUM? Is that you?

They said the samekind of thing about Whale's "Frankenstein" when it came out....

Or the early Hammer films....

urgeok 01-18-2005 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by 42ndStreetFreak
MUM? Is that you?

They said the samekind of thing about Whale's "Frankenstein" when it came out....

animals weren't slaughtered for those films.

nine9 01-18-2005 02:39 AM

Cannibal Holocaust sounds sick and over the line . There was a thread on this before. I wouldn't bother wasting my time........:rolleyes:

Angra 01-18-2005 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by 42ndStreetFreak
MUM? Is that you?

Yes honey itīs me. Get your act together and talk politely to people!!! LOL :p

Sorry iīm not so old, that i can remember the critic of the hammer films. But i believe you. ;) :cool:

42ndStreetFreak 01-18-2005 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by urgeok
animals weren't slaughtered for those films.
Whatever the reasons...the same things have been said about horror films from day one!

YOU may piss on "C. Holo", but there are just as many people who woulld piss on a film you like and consider acceptable while screaming the same slogans of "disgusting and distasteful".

And in fact many horses used to be killed for Westerns. hence the banninig on tripping them up with ropes.
So lets slam and refuse to watch them as well.

HK films have been killing animals on film for decades, and they are still so cool and hip to johhny come lately fans.

And animals die worse deaths every day for your burgers.
Yes the animal snuff (although the turtle is actually a very fast death, they take the head off first) is very dubious and should be thought about...but that does not change the quality of the film it is in.
And a film should be judged as a whole.

And again, there are just as many 'others' out there who would vomit out venom with such power they make you look like a child...and it will be venom aiamed at a film you DO like and approve of.