Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Latest Horror Movies (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   A Nightmare on Elm Street REBOOT - New Face Of Freddy! (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66581)

Jake.Ashworth 11-11-2015 02:03 PM

But they do, its hard to stand on the inside and see what something looks like from the outside. Next time your around some teenagers ask them who Michael Meyers is, see if they know. If they do, ask them which movie they saw. Its the way of the world, as the generations die off, so do their monsters. Unless they are forcefully kept alive.

Jake.Ashworth 11-11-2015 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morningriser (Post 1005508)
you're just a regular buzz killington ::big grin::

These two posts made my day as I read them in succession and the first image suddenly changed to the second in my minds eye... It was traumatizing.

Roiffalo 11-11-2015 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake.Ashworth (Post 1005518)
But they do, its hard to stand on the inside and see what something looks like from the outside. Next time your around some teenagers ask them who Michael Meyers is, see if they know. If they do, ask them which movie they saw. Its the way of the world, as the generations die off, so do their monsters. Unless they are forcefully kept alive.

I do my best to avoid teenagers, but for curiosities sake I'll give it a shot should I see a group. ::wink::

Lord Voldemort 12-06-2015 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morningriser (Post 1005492)
I will say in defense of the remake that Freddy's makeup did resemble that of a burn victim more than Englund's makeup and he did have a darker side rather than a comedian with witty catch phrases. It would have been better if it had Rooney Mara's boobies in it.

Just watch Girl With Dragon Tattoo to them. If the remake is happening I will give it a go. The last one wasn't great but it wasn't that bad either.

horcrux2007 12-06-2015 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake.Ashworth (Post 1005518)

Most teens know who Michael Myers is and what movie he's from. We like horror movies, even the old ones. Maybe most teens wouldn't like something like Repulsion, but most of us have seen Halloween.

Disconser 12-28-2015 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horcrux2007 (Post 1007366)
Most teens know who Michael Myers is and what movie he's from. We like horror movies, even the old ones. Maybe most teens wouldn't like something like Repulsion, but most of us have seen Halloween.

I'd like to know the people you know. No teenager I know has ever seen Halloween - neither the remake nor the original.

Although I'd really like the idea of Robert Englund playing Freddy I think this isn't going to happen. Someone I'd vote for would be Roberto Lombardi. I'm really satisfied with what I've seen from him.

But I'm really scared that it's going to be as bad as the remake from 2010. I'm not a big fan of remakes in general and the only one I really didn't have to force myself through while watching was the reboot of Friday the 13th.

Chevalier 12-29-2015 06:34 PM

I don't think anyone could play Freddy other then Robert Englund. I watched the making of documentary, and the way he really brought Freddy to life and the little details he added such as how Freddy walks the way he does because of the weight of the glove. The way he speaks from the back of his throat, and how increased his voice, because of how it was going to get edited.

All the little details have to be perfect to make Freddy Freddy.

RRl 01-02-2016 07:07 PM

Why do they keep remaking remakes of the same films? Fantastic Four , Superman, and Batman has been rebooted how many times? And now They are brining this stuff into the horror genre.

Chevalier 01-03-2016 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RRl (Post 1008521)
Why do they keep remaking remakes of the same films? Fantastic Four , Superman, and Batman has been rebooted how many times? And now They are brining this stuff into the horror genre.

Money. It's all about money.

Disconser 01-03-2016 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RRl (Post 1008521)

A better question is: Why do they keep making bad remakes?