Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   TV Shows (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   AHS: Apocalypse (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68684)

Morningriser 09-15-2018 04:13 PM

AHS: Apocalypse

did anyone watch the first episode? This one seems to have a much darker tone than the others. I don't want to get my hopes up because every time I do I get let down by this show, but here's hoping this is a good one.

hammerfan 09-17-2018 03:31 AM

I did! I agree. Looks much darker, and, I'm also trying not to get my hopes up. But, I'm optimistic! ::wink::

Morningriser 09-20-2018 10:04 AM

Last night's episode was fucking amazing!

Morningriser 09-27-2018 09:45 AM

Holy fuck last night's episode was great! I am so nervous they are going to mess it up though since there have been several other Seasons to start off great but then go to hell. If they are bringing back old characters I really hope they bring back James Patrick March. He is easily my favorite character Evan Peters has played so far.

hammerfan 09-28-2018 03:51 AM

The end of the last episode got me really excited for the next episode!

Morningriser 09-28-2018 08:20 AM

Yeah it was so awesome to see you know who has returned again although at this point you would think they'd leave that poor lady alone. Haha. It was cool with they did with Sarah Paulson as well.

hammerfan 09-28-2018 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morningriser (Post 1033688)
Yeah it was so awesome to see you know who has returned again although at this point you would think they'd leave that poor lady alone. Haha. It was cool with they did with Sarah Paulson as well.

Yes and yes!

NightOfTheLiving_Sam 09-29-2018 09:01 AM

I sadly didn't check it out, I'll check it out though for sure. I've been trying to catch up with a few old horror movies that I've been wanting to watch. This season does look a lot darker though, from the looks of it. :)

I hope it continues to be like this through out the season.

Morningriser 10-01-2018 06:25 AM

Yes this season is amazing! I just hope it stays that way because I had such high hopes were hotel which also started out really well but then when they threw us that curveball halfway through about Tristan and Liz when they never gave any slight inclination before that that they were together it completely threw the entire season off for me in the same thing happened with cult. So far this one has been good.

Morningriser 10-04-2018 05:50 AM

Alright I am getting confused here. what exactly is Kathy Bates role in all of this? I need she kept saying she was programmed and then when Michael was talking to her he was talking about how he was in her memories but then last night's episode it made her appear to be his mother or something but Michael was the baby in Murder House so his mother was the mother from it. Also, I realize they said this takes place in the distant future which would be either 2019 or 2020 according to what I have read and Michael is an adult now. When was Murder House supposed to take place? Is he rapidly aging or something?

It felt nice to see the one character last night I wanted to see return by the way. I can't help but feel he just didn't capture the essence this time around that was James Patrick March in the hotel. He seemed more sympathetic rather than like a deranged monster.

Morningriser 10-14-2018 06:46 AM

I assumed anyone reading this thread is watching the show so if not there are spoilers ahead and you have been warned...

What is Kathy Bates role in this? I mean I am so confused. She kept going on about what she was programmed to do and then she told Michael about a little boy from her memory as a child and he told her he was little boy that he put in her memory but then in this most recent episode it showed her helping him out just a couple years before the apocalypse. I don't understand what she is supposed to be or who she is supposed to be. I mean she told Michael not to bring up his father as if she was his mother but that is clearly not his mother. I am confused. Is she a robot or just that easily able to be brainwashed?

DeadbeatAtDawn 10-14-2018 08:41 AM

Shes a robot that Michael put all his memories in and made her like his Santanic caregiver that raised him. I'm sure they will explain what happened and why the two were separated and how he came about making the 'robot'.

Morningriser 10-14-2018 08:48 AM

That's what I figured but I wasn't sure if she was a literal robot or just someone that could be easily brainwashed. I figured she was given the memories of his mother or something. I'm starting to think now that the baby you see and all of these advertisement pictures might have just been Michael when he was a baby. I'm really getting into this season and I hope they don't fuk it up in the middle like they have been known to do a few times before.

Morningriser 10-18-2018 05:39 AM

This season just keeps getting better and better!

Morningriser 11-01-2018 05:52 AM

okay I can't help but feel like last night they started going a little overboard when they are actually murdering people in a church off the side of a street somewhere that some random guy just willingly lead Michael into. I mean Sandra Bernhardt was pretty damn funny as the Priestess but at first I honestly thought Michael was going to consider what they were doing a month free and kill them all or something which is what made it seem stupid and then the guys with the ridiculous amount of cocaine was even more retarded. I mean the thing about them building Kathy Bates back as a robot was pretty cool and with that kind of money in technology I could see it being done but the whole church thing was way too far-fetched if you ask me.

Morningriser 11-14-2018 08:11 AM

So I have a prediction for tonight. Spoilers ahead...

I think the first half or so is going to focus on how the world gets blown to hell and then the last part will deal with the present. I think Cordelia is going to die and I forget her name, but the one who is being focused on as the new supreme will come into her powers and not only kill Michael but be able to turn time back before the explosions and reset everything as it was before.

hammerfan 11-14-2018 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morningriser (Post 1035135)
So I have a prediction for tonight. Spoilers ahead...

I think the first half or so is going to focus on how the world gets blown to hell and then the last part will deal with the present. I think Cordelia is going to die and I forget her name, but the one who is being focused on as the new supreme will come into her powers and not only kill Michael but be able to turn time back before the explosions and reset everything as it was before.

Agreed. Her name is Mallory.

Morningriser 11-14-2018 09:40 AM

Thank you! I like this actress. If I'm not mistaken it was her who caught a lot of shit when she joined the cast of cult. I am not sure why though.

I also think poor Myrtle is going to be killed by Michael in the way he killed the others where there is no bringing them back and it is if they never existed. I mean it would make sense given everything she has been through.

Morningriser 11-14-2018 10:18 PM

Wonderful finale! Amazing season! 9/10

"Satan has one son, but my sisters are legion, motherfucker!"

And how about that part when Myrtle went fucking Section 8 on that guy? I didn't know that sweet old lady had that in her!

hammerfan 11-15-2018 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morningriser (Post 1035141)
Thank you! I like this actress. If I'm not mistaken it was her who caught a lot of shit when she joined the cast of cult. I am not sure why though.

I also think poor Myrtle is going to be killed by Michael in the way he killed the others where there is no bringing them back and it is if they never existed. I mean it would make sense given everything she has been through.

Haven't watched last night's episode yet, so, I'm going to skip your following reply.

The actress's name is Billie Lourd, and she's Carrie Fisher's daughter. I didn't watch Cult, I don't remember hearing anything about her being in it, tho.

Morningriser 11-15-2018 05:41 AM

That was her debut season. She played Evan Peters' character's sister. I didn't know she was actually Carrie Fisher's daughter. I guess that makes sense why she had a part in episode 8 though.

hammerfan 11-16-2018 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morningriser (Post 1035144)
Wonderful finale! Amazing season! 9/10

"Satan has one son, but my sisters are legion, motherfucker!"

And how about that part when Myrtle went fucking Section 8 on that guy? I didn't know that sweet old lady had that in her!

I completely agree! What a fantastic season, and had a finale to go with it! This season felt like it was back to form. It was interesting to see Sarah Paulson as different characters. Loved this season!

Morningriser 11-16-2018 05:11 AM

Sarah Paulson and Evan Peters are both always great! It was so good to see Jessica Lange again and that scene with the car was fucking Epic! When Mallory was dying I had a feeling Cordelia was going to do what she did. I had a feeling since Mallory attempted the time travel thing once before that she would use it to get rid of Michael and I wasn't disappointed. But like she even said herself in the end, the unfortunate drawback to everything going back to the way it was is that Myrtle never had a reason to come back. She would have wanted it that way but it's still sad to see her go again.

Morningriser 11-17-2018 08:57 AM

There is one unanswered question I actually have. How would it be possible to have two Supremes at the same time? Since Mallory went back and change things, Cordelia never died and is still the Supreme. Mallory clearly still has her powers as she brought back Misty Day. I imagine Mallory will never tell anyone what happened just to keep the peace. Let's say she keeps her powers until Cordelia dies and it's time for the new supreme to rise. Would it still be her? Would she just keep the same Powers she has or would she gain new powers? And since she is the Supreme, what would happen if she died before Cordelia? I get that's getting pretty deep but I just feel like that's something that was not addressed and should have been. Maybe we will get that eventually.