Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Upcoming Horror Movies (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Happy Death Day 2U (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68790)

Morningriser 01-29-2019 08:01 PM

Happy Death Day 2U

Brace yourselves... ::roll eyes::

I just threw up a little.

Sculpt 01-31-2019 09:26 AM

Would a horror movie where the hero, in a time loop, who volunteers to keep dying, or likely die, in order to save her friends, make the whole thing a lot less scary? Edge of Tomorrow/Live, Die, Repeat scenario.

Morningriser 01-31-2019 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sculpt (Post 1036500)
Would a horror movie where the hero, in a time loop, who volunteers to keep dying, or likely die, in order to save her friends, make the whole thing a lot less scary? Edge of Tomorrow/Live, Die, Repeat scenario.

I don't know man. I watched the first one and it was all right for the kind of story it was, but considering the ending, I don't understand what this one is even supposed to mean. Also, how in the hell could anyone get caught in a Time Loop like that? And in the preview she says he is back implying it was a man the first time. I just get easily agitated at the way certain stories come together or are written and this doesn't mean I don't like movies that push the boundaries of reality, it just means that movies with what I would consider ridiculous Concepts and which they can't even explain are just a sign that Hollywood is putting out whatever they can, kind of like Adult Swim whether if it makes any sense or not or implying the less it makes sense the more people are going to like it, which unfortunately does apply to a good 50% of the world's population. I'm not bashing anyone who is interested in seeing it, I just find stuff like that to be quite juvenile compared to well thought-out and written movies with a cast who are good actors. I'm not saying these people aren't bad, but I'm not saying they are Screen Actors Guild Worthy either.

NightOfTheLiving_Sam 02-11-2019 03:13 PM

By the looks of the trailer it does seem interesting, I just don't know how it will hold up to it's promise. I'm planning on seeing it a few days after it comes out and decide for myself. I enjoyed the first one, so I want to see how the sequel does in the theater.

Toddallthingshorror 02-11-2019 04:11 PM

Almost walked out of the theater for the first one, just...didnt like it.

Morningriser 02-11-2019 05:14 PM

I just didn't really understand it. I mean what kind of phenomenon would cause that to begin with? And with that said, considering how it ended, I don't understand why a second one would happen unless the killer in the first movie is doing the same thing the girl is doing which again, makes no sense. It is really like Hollywood is not putting any kind of elaborate planning into their ideas.