Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Foreign Horror Movies (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Last seen ASIAN movie (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17838)

Angra 09-16-2005 10:42 AM

Last seen ASIAN movie

"Wild zero" 6/10

This movie didnīt try to make much sense and not much of what happened was explained.

Like:

What turned people into zombies? And why only some people?

I know "Wild zero" isnīt to be taken seriously in any way and thatīs all okay by me. But it just didnīt manage to catch me. Thought it was kinda monotonous and i didnīt get the humor if there was any. The "cool" super hero rock band annoyed the hell out of me, and even though iīm a huge rock fan myself, i thought the music SUCKED from beginning to end.

What i DID like about it was the gory computer effects such as the exploding heads. And i found it funny that even though the hero found out that the love of his life had a "yoda" in her pants, he was able to turn a blind eye to it and ended up together with her. Brave guy.;)

Angra 09-16-2005 02:48 PM

"Tale of two sisters" 8-9/10

..........WAUW!!.........

Been a looong time since iīve seen an asian ghost movie that worked so well on so many levels.
First of all, the scares (even though i thought there were a little to few) worked very well, with the ghost-by-the-bed scene as the highlight. Creeepy.
Second, the story is quite good and gets more and more twisted as it progresses. Could have hoped for a longer climax at the end, but..... Meh..

Third, the acting was tereffic, especially from the two girls and the stepmom. Very convincing.

Forth and last, the director Ji-woon Kim really seems to know what heīs doing. Heīs also the man behind the excellent action/drama "A bittersweet life" wich also screams style. Iīll be looking out for this guys work in the future.:cool:

The end

komi 09-16-2005 02:50 PM

Robotrix (1991) 7/10

bloodrayne 09-16-2005 04:40 PM

The Eye

crazy raplh 09-17-2005 06:38 PM

me as well the eye

GeekLove 09-17-2005 08:50 PM

Vampire Effect

zwoti 09-18-2005 07:01 AM

yakuza deka
yakuza deka: the assassin

The_Return 09-18-2005 07:06 AM

Ju-On...like a month ago. The stores around here dont carry many Aisian flicks. Been meaning to check out The Eye 2 though, the 1st was great.

Angra 09-18-2005 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by The_Return
Ju-On...like a month ago.

So what did you think about my favorite horror movie?;)

zwoti 09-19-2005 12:56 PM

young and dangerous

slasherman 09-19-2005 01:03 PM

..that would be "Ringu 2"...14 days ago..(i think)

zwoti 09-19-2005 02:26 PM

young and dangerous 2

Angra 09-20-2005 01:51 PM

"The ghost" 7/10

Iīll bet not many have heard about this one. Itīs above average actually.

First of all, i have to say that when it comes to shock and scares "The ghost" has NO originality whatsoever. Lots of water, a ghost lady with long black hair and a bad combover, the victims sitting scared on their asses instead of running like hell, and itīs all like farted out of "Ringu".
But the creeps and shocks actually works in this one, compared to so many other rip-offs. Especially the shocks works quite nice mostly thanks to some very effective drum-like sound effects. The 1 computer effect there is also looks pretty decent.

The story is even more far out in itīs supernatural ellements than many other asian ghost stories, even though it doesnīt quite hold "water";) at the end. I donīt wanna spoil it for anyone who would wanna see it, so iīm not going into any details.
I liked the sureal scenes such as the main characters nightmares and the mental hospital bed scene. That was nicely made. Another thing i can say about it is, that itīs actually a really cruel and sad story.

A really anoying thing about this movie though is, that many of the female characters look so much alike, that it almost gave me a headache to figure out who was who. "Is that the good girl, the bad girl, the same girl, the poor girl..... WTF?!!!".
You seriously have to keep focus from beginning to end or youīll get lost easily. Iīm not good at that, so i had to watch it a third time to be sure i got it all..... Still didnīt quite get the very end though.:rolleyes:

The acting was also quite good all the way around.... Except for 1 person maybe.

Thatīs all i have to say about that.

:cool:

The_Return 09-20-2005 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Angra
So what did you think about my favorite horror movie?;)
I thought it was great! A tad confusing, but once I [sorta] got my head around it, awesome movie! A few good creep-out scenes, too:)

Angra 09-20-2005 02:15 PM

Quote:

I thought it was great! A tad confusing, but once I [sorta] got my head around it, awesome movie! A few good creep-out scenes, too:)

Happy to hear that.:)

And youīre sure it was "Ju-on" you saw and not "Ju-on: the grudge"?

The_Return 09-20-2005 02:17 PM

Dont have a clue. Said Ju-On on the box, but cant remember what the opening creds said. DVD had a red box with the little boy peeking out.

Angra 09-20-2005 02:20 PM

Quote:

Dont have a clue. Said Ju-On on the box, but cant remember what the opening creds said. DVD had a red box with the little boy peeking out.

Hmmm..... How did the movie begin?

The_Return 09-21-2005 11:57 AM

In an office. Cant really remember exactly, but she went to the house pretty soon into the movie.

Few other bits I remember:

The REALLY creepy scene where one girl watches the shadow-thing [for lack of a better word] on a security camera.

Young girl scared to go out cause her friends who were killed want revenge.

Creepy catatonic grandmother type person.

Here's the cover of the DVD I saw [either R1 or Region Free]:

http://www.dvdovernight.com/root/dvd/images/ju-on.jpg

zwoti 09-21-2005 12:24 PM

ong bak

Angra 09-21-2005 12:38 PM

Quote:

In an office. Cant really remember exactly, but she went to the house pretty soon into the movie.

Few other bits I remember:

The REALLY creepy scene where one girl watches the shadow-thing [for lack of a better word] on a security camera.

Young girl scared to go out cause her friends who were killed want revenge.

Creepy catatonic grandmother type person.

Here's the cover of the DVD I saw [either R1 or Region Free]:

http://www.dvdovernight.com/root/dvd/images/ju-on.jpg

Yup! I thought so. Youīve watched "Ju-on: the grudge".

"Ju-on" is the first, my favorite and the most scary of the four, and funny enough also the most low-budget.

It begins with a school teacher visiting the home of one of his pupils who has been missing at school.

I think it will be hard to rent in a video store, because itīs a low-budget movie made for television. But if you can, then get your hands on "Ju-on: the grudge 2". It has the biggest budget and an even more complicated storyline than "Ju-on: the grudge1". It might also be the most entertaining of them all. In my opinion, the next best in the japanese "Ju-on" serial.;)

The_Return 09-21-2005 12:58 PM

Quote:

Yup! I thought so. Youīve watched "Ju-on: the grudge".

"Ju-on" is the first, my favorite and the most scary of the four, and funny enough also the most low-budget.

It begins with a school teacher visiting the home of one of his pupils who has been missing at school.

I think it will be hard to rent in a video store, because itīs a low-budget movie made for television. But if you can, then get your hands on "Ju-on: the grudge 2". It has the biggest budget and an even more complicated storyline than "Ju-on: the grudge1". It might also be the most entertaining of them all. In my opinion, the next best in the japanese "Ju-on" serial.;)

The one I rented is the only one Ive seen to ret or buy anywhere, besides the American remake of course. Ill keep an eye out though...

Angra 09-21-2005 01:21 PM

Quote:

The one I rented is the only one Ive seen to ret or buy anywhere, besides the American remake of course. Ill keep an eye out though...

Yeah, do that.;)

Though i must say that the american version was better than the japanese sequals to the original "Ju-on". Much of it is actually a blend of the 3 first "Ju-on" movies, just with a MUCH bigger budget, wich both worked for and against it. Mostly for, but i had prefered if Shimizu had let the ghost stay human and not CGI. Makes it more scary that way.:(

Ritualistic 09-21-2005 07:07 PM

Just watched my copy of Audition :-D

The STE 09-21-2005 07:35 PM

In The Mood For Love

noctuary 09-21-2005 08:21 PM

Salaryman Kintaro. Pretty good, if typical Miike yakuza flick.

christy 09-22-2005 01:17 AM

Ringu...I think the hollywood movie was scarier.

novakru 09-22-2005 01:01 PM

oh shit
I was suppose to put all my ASIAN movies here and regular movies in the other thread.
This is getting confusing

zwoti 09-23-2005 12:46 PM

the bodyguard

Angra 09-23-2005 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by zwoti
the bodyguard

How was it?

Did it contain a lot of good fights, Ong-bak style?:cool:

zwoti 09-23-2005 01:02 PM

Quote:

How was it?

Did it contain a lot of good fights, Ong-bak style?:cool:

more comedy/gunplay but was good

tony jaa cameo in the supermarket was the highlight of course :cool:

Angra 09-23-2005 01:10 PM

Quote:

more comedy/gunplay but was good

tony jaa cameo in the supermarket was the highlight of course :cool:

But how long did that fight last?

And was the movie fun? Or just fun for asians?;)

zwoti 09-23-2005 01:13 PM

Quote:

But how long did that fight last?

And was the movie fun? Or just fun for asians?;)

not long

the humour was definately erring on the side of goofy

Angra 09-23-2005 01:14 PM

Quote:

not long

the humour was definately erring on the side of goofy

.... Yikes!:(

Angra 09-23-2005 08:12 PM

"Sympathy for mr. vengance" 7/10

Dark.... VERY dark.

noctuary 09-23-2005 09:02 PM

Quote:

Dark.... VERY dark.

Where did you find this movie? I've been wanting to see it for quite some time, but can't seem to locate a copy anywhere...

Angra 09-23-2005 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by noctuary
Where did you find this movie? I've been wanting to see it for quite some time, but can't seem to locate a copy anywhere...

Ebay.

zwoti 09-23-2005 11:14 PM

Quote:

Dark.... VERY dark.

currently sitting on my "to watch" pile

Angra 09-24-2005 12:37 AM

Quote:

currently sitting on my "to watch" pile

Iīll bet that pile is HUGE.;)

zwoti 09-24-2005 09:57 AM

Quote:

Iīll bet that pile is HUGE.;)
it was empty till last week when i bought about 35 films.......

.....but i'm working on that

zwoti 09-24-2005 10:02 AM

shaolin soccer