Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Classic Horror Movies (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Last Seen 70s/80s Movie (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31568)

slasherman 12-30-2004 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dr.L00MIS
I just finished watching Critters, a great overlooked 80's movie.
Its ok...but is it it better than Gremlins ?

ChEEbA 12-31-2004 09:37 PM

No...Gremlins was still better, although I did enjoy Critters a lot.

Amalthea 01-01-2005 05:37 AM

Barbie & The Swan Lake

Ice Age

Pokemon - Mewtwo Strikes Back

AUSTIN316426808 01-01-2005 05:45 AM

Nighmare before Christmas

last horror movie- Halloween Curse of Michael Myers

The_Return 01-01-2005 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Amalthea
Barbie & The Swan Lake

Pokemon - Mewtwo Strikes Back

I seriosly hope you either have kids or were with kids when you watched those;)

Last night I watched Spiderman 2 [Again] and Batman Returns[1st time]....Definatly great movies

Dr.L00MIS 01-01-2005 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by ChEEbA
No...Gremlins was still better, although I did enjoy Critters a lot.

I've got to agree with that, Gremlins is the better story but Critters does have more blood and gore.

Amalthea 01-01-2005 01:12 PM

Hey Hatebreeder, did you see Home Alone with your kids?
Return:I did not see the three last movies with kids, but I just mostly enjoy them for the jokes and the visual effects.

The Labyrinth:80īs adventure movie with unforgetabble characters and songs.

An Amazon.com review of Barbie & The Swan Lake:

Yes, I will admit, despite being in my 20s, I still enjoy and collect animation. I have for years, and Barbie is a fairly recent discovery for me (beyond her cameos in Toy Story).

While at first I was reluctant to give any of the Barbie movies a chance, a friend of mine watched Rapunzel with her niece and insisted they were pretty good. So, renting the first two movies with a few other friends including her, we prepared ourselves for an evening of amusement. Yes, we found some things funny and still carry inside jokes based on the movies even many months after, however overall I liked them.

And Swan Lake is certainly no exception. In fact, I loved this one. The animation is very well done, and the music is just enchanting. It gave me a warm and fuzzy feeling all over. It was like I was a kid again, watching my favorite film and going back to relive the feelings years later. It even made me regret I didn't stick to those ballet lessons my mother sent me to years ago, as the dance scenes were adorable and magical. Barbie was in my life once again, only this time, I wasn't playing with dolls.

The only thing that really, truly bothered me about Swan Lake was that of Rothbart's daughter. Her laughter was incredibly irritating and distracted me from any scene in which she chose to do so. Thankfully Ivan and the other enchanted forest dwellers are a delight and make up for it.

In closing, I highly recommend this to any parent, aunt, uncle, grandparent, or whoever looking for a great gift (holiday or otherwise) for a child. And perhaps even for an animation fan such as myself, if you aren't too afraid.

Michael181 01-01-2005 01:16 PM

L.A. Confidential...

Horror-The Blair Witch Project

slasherman 01-03-2005 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Amalthea

The Labyrinth:80īs adventure movie with unforgetabble characters and songs.

Is it that with David Bowie ? I hated it ....but its a long time since i saw it ....

nine9 01-03-2005 04:33 PM

House on Haunted Hill.

Haven't seen it for ages....just wondering how the fuck they got the remake from this!!!!!! Totally different movie!

I do like them both though.......but the original was classic horror at it's best
:D