Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Classic Horror Movies (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Last Seen 70s/80s Movie (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31568)

FryeDwight 01-05-2022 01:49 AM

DIARY OF A TEENAGE HITCH-HIKER (1979). MFTV movie of a group of girls, whose mean parent's won't buy them cars, so they "Have" to hitch-hike to get places, despite news reports of unknown predators attacking vulnerable teens.

Most of the fun of these films is the cast; this one has Charlene Tilton (DALLAS), Dick Van Patton (EIGHT IS ENOUGH) and Katherine Helmond (SOAP) as her parents, Craig T Nelson (POLTERGEIST and kind of scary in his scene), Christopher Knight as Charlene's boyfriend (and still wearing BRADY BUNCH style clothes) and Dominique Dunne (POLTERGEIST) whose fate in here is eerily prophetic..

Honestly, this hasn't aged well and doesn't resonate as it did at 17. Main reason I watched it back when was, while my contemporaries were drooling over Cheryl Tiegs/Farrah Fawcett-Major, I thought Katherine Helmond was quite hot, so would watch anything she was in. **

bamahorrorfan87 01-05-2022 08:49 PM

Frightmare 1974

bamahorrorfan87 01-07-2022 09:10 PM

Axe

Sculpt 01-09-2022 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FryeDwight (Post 1050337)
DIARY OF A TEENAGE HITCH-HIKER (1979). MFTV movie of a group of girls, whose mean parent's won't buy them cars, so they "Have" to hitch-hike to get places, despite news reports of unknown predators attacking vulnerable teens.

Most of the fun of these films is the cast; this one has Charlene Tilton (DALLAS), Dick Van Patton (EIGHT IS ENOUGH) and Katherine Helmond (SOAP) as her parents, Craig T Nelson (POLTERGEIST and kind of scary in his scene), Christopher Knight as Charlene's boyfriend (and still wearing BRADY BUNCH style clothes) and Dominique Dunne (POLTERGEIST) whose fate in here is eerily prophetic..

Honestly, this hasn't aged well and doesn't resonate as it did at 17. Main reason I watched it back when was, while my contemporaries were drooling over Cheryl Tiegs/Farrah Fawcett-Major, I thought Katherine Helmond was quite hot, so would watch anything she was in. **

That the one with the station wagon with the passenger door lock missing? lol I saw that MFTV.

I cant say i thought Katherine Helmond was hot. Tiggs and Faucet? I kinda went for Erin Gray, Lindsay Wagner, Cheryl Ladd and Karen Grassle.

https://external-content.duckduckgo....jpg&f=1&nofb=1

FryeDwight 01-10-2022 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sculpt (Post 1050389)
That the one with the station wagon with the passenger door lock missing? lol I saw that MFTV.

I cant say i thought Katherine Helmond was hot. Tiggs and Faucet? I kinda went for Erin Gray, Lindsay Wagner, Cheryl Ladd and Karen Grassle.

https://external-content.duckduckgo....jpg&f=1&nofb=1

I have to agree with You on Cheryl Ladd::love::..she was gorgeous, as well as Suzanne Somers and Lynda Carter. I still think Katherine was hot-maybe watching GILLIGAN'S ISLAND in First Grade and seeing Tina Louise slinking around caused the "Older Woman Admiration Society" I am part of::wink::

SCARS OF DRACULA (1970)-SOD suffers from the budget tightening Hammer was experiencing, but it's actually better than it's purported to be and better than I remembered. Although He still looks less than thrilled to be there, Chris Lee looks younger in here and his Count is truly a Monster, especially with Lackey motivational control! More violent than previous DRACULA's , with an especially gross resurrection scene and attack aftermaths. Also of note is how a part from Stoker's novel is used in the film.

Remember seeing the ads for this and HORROR OF FRANKENSTEIN in the paper at time of release and than getting a chance to see it some years later. Was pissed that it was rated "R" and I couldn't see it. The main reason listed was a "Nude Scene" and all that really was is a Tushie moving in one direction, than the other. A nice tussle, to be sure, but nothing worth getting upset over. ***

bamahorrorfan87 01-11-2022 12:06 PM

Airplane

bamahorrorfan87 01-11-2022 12:08 PM

Airplane II the sequel

Sculpt 01-14-2022 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FryeDwight (Post 1050392)
I have to agree with You on Cheryl Ladd::love::..she was gorgeous, as well as Suzanne Somers and Lynda Carter. I still think Katherine was hot-maybe watching GILLIGAN'S ISLAND in First Grade and seeing Tina Louise slinking around caused the "Older Woman Admiration Society" I am part of::wink::

SCARS OF DRACULA (1970)-SOD suffers from the budget tightening Hammer was experiencing, but it's actually better than it's purported to be and better than I remembered. Although He still looks less than thrilled to be there, Chris Lee looks younger in here and his Count is truly a Monster, especially with Lackey motivational control! More violent than previous DRACULA's , with an especially gross resurrection scene and attack aftermaths. Also of note is how a part from Stoker's novel is used in the film.

Remember seeing the ads for this and HORROR OF FRANKENSTEIN in the paper at time of release and than getting a chance to see it some years later. Was pissed that it was rated "R" and I couldn't see it. The main reason listed was a "Nude Scene" and all that really was is a Tushie moving in one direction, than the other. A nice tussle, to be sure, but nothing worth getting upset over. ***

Never seen Scars of Dracula. Sounds interesting. Actually, never saw House of Dracula either. For Gilligan's Island Tina Louise was attractive, but I think she had so much makeup, hair, customs and acted so outrageous it was hard to see her. Now Mary Ann... ::love::

FryeDwight 01-17-2022 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sculpt (Post 1050424)
Never seen Scars of Dracula. Sounds interesting. Actually, never saw House of Dracula either. For Gilligan's Island Tina Louise was attractive, but I think she had so much makeup, hair, customs and acted so outrageous it was hard to see her. Now Mary Ann... ::love::

I saw HORROR OF FRANKENSTEIN when I was 14 and later on VHS. It's a remake of CURSE OF FRANKENSTEIN and one that tries to be funny...and really isn't. First time as the Monster for Dave Prowse and also Kate O'Mara ::love:: along with Veronica Carlson::love::::love::.

At this stage of life, I would pick Mary Ann as well. Maybe Ginger appealed to the Prurient interest of my Grade School self when first watching it.

THE GREAT HOUDINI (1976). Saw this back when (around Halloween, which is when Houdini died) and better than Your average MFTV film with more impressive production values, a decent story and what a cast! Paul Michael Glaser (STARSKY AND HUTCH, although He looks very much like Adult Actor John Leslie here::shocked::), Sally Struthers (ALL IN THE FAMILY, good as Houdini's patient loving wife), Adrianne Barbeau (MAUDE::love::), Bill Bixby (MY FAVORITE MARTIAN, COURTSHIP OF EDDIE'S FATHER and a year away from THE INCREDIBLE HULK), Clive Revill (LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE), Maureen O'Sullivan (TARZAN films in the 30's), Wilfrid Hyde-White (TEN LITTLE INDIANS -1965), Nina Foch (RETURN OF THE VAMPIRE), Geoffrey Lewis (SALEM'S LOT), Peter Cushing (as Sir Arthur Conan Doyle-'nuff said!), Ruth Gordon (ROSEMARY'S BABY and stealing scenes again) and Vivian Vance (I LOVE LUCY-VV is terrific here).

Only real dig I can put in here is it focuses more on Houdini's occult leanings and some of it is not entirely factual, especially in the relationship between his Catholic wife and Jewish mother; I've read they got along reasonably well. Also, HH is SUCH a Momma's Boy here. Would like to have seen more of his escapades, but not a bad intro. ***

bamahorrorfan87 01-25-2022 12:36 PM

Back to the future