Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Books & Fiction Writing (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Reading Stephen King's IT (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68078)

Repo'd 08-01-2017 10:49 AM

Reading Stephen King's IT

Hey forum friends!

Due to the fact that I'm totally geeking out over the September release of the film, I'm about to embark on a re-read of the novel, IT.

I was wondering if anyone else is going to revisit it, or read it for the first time, prior to seeing the film. Any one out there going to check out the source material before hitting the cinema?

Maybe we can have an ultra Horror nerd book group discussion as we progress.

hammerfan 08-01-2017 11:11 AM

I'll have to see if I can find the book

Jake.Ashworth 08-01-2017 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Repo'd (Post 1026358)
Hey forum friends!

Due to the fact that I'm totally geeking out over the September release of the film, I'm about to embark on a re-read of the novel, IT.

I was wondering if anyone else is going to revisit it, or read it for the first time, prior to seeing the film. Any one out there going to check out the source material before hitting the cinema?

Maybe we can have an ultra Horror nerd book group discussion as we progress.

I am 7/8 of the way through my revisit. I forgot how intense and mentally mesmerizing it is. That said, I am listening to it this time in Audiobook form. Stephen Weber of Wings, and iZombie along with hundred of other movies, is narrating it. He is killing it, a different voice for each character both adult and child. A creepy as fuck Pennywise voice. And he kills the stutter.

Repo'd 08-01-2017 11:13 AM

I'll have to dig mine out. That's top priority tomorrow morn.

Jake.Ashworth 08-01-2017 11:19 AM

Well I am in for discussions once you dig back in. The Tim Curry mini series was so good, I forgot how far off of the book it was.

MichaelMyers 08-01-2017 11:22 AM

BEEP BEEP Jakey!

Jake.Ashworth 08-01-2017 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelMyers (Post 1026366)
BEEP BEEP Jakey!

That made me smile.

Repo'd 08-01-2017 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake.Ashworth (Post 1026361)
I am 7/8 of the way through my revisit. I forgot how intense and mentally mesmerizing it is. That said, I am listening to it this time in Audiobook form. Stephen Weber of Wings, and iZombie along with hundred of other movies, is narrating it. He is killing it, a different voice for each character both adult and child. A creepy as fuck Pennywise voice. And he kills the stutter.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake.Ashworth (Post 1026365)
Well I am in for discussions once you dig back in. The Tim Curry mini series was so good, I forgot how far off of the book it was.

The audio book sounds intriguing. I mean, I'll be reading a hard
copy, no question, but I do like that option.

Jake.Ashworth 08-01-2017 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Repo'd (Post 1026368)
The audio book sounds intriguing. I mean, I'll be reading a hard
copy, no question, but I do like that option.

I prefer to read hard copies too, but I have a hard time finding time. Lately the only real time I have to read is while I am using the Poop Closet, as my wife calls it.

That said, I listen to audiobooks the entire time I am in the car for my commute. I haven't listened to music in years. This is probably the best narration I have heard in a long time. I would suggest trying it out. He kills the conversations with just enough inflection changes to separate everyone. Its really good and I think adds to the story.

Roiffalo 08-01-2017 07:55 PM

I like the idea of a horror book club! ::smile::

Have trouble focusing to read though, so I love Jake's idea of audiobooks. Where did you get your version, Jake? It sounds good!