Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indie Horror Movies and Short Films (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10614)

urgeok 11-03-2004 09:14 AM

re the dead hate the living ...
I didnt like it .. a couple of the creeps looked ok but it ruins it when the extreme baddie is just a coherent rock star lookalike ..
I like my zombies to be mindless eating machines :) - more fun that way :)

horrorgirl7734 11-03-2004 12:06 PM

YAY!!! I am so glad that I found other people that watch these "shitty" movies too. I absolutely love this movie. It is great for what the budget was on it. I think that the acting was good as well for a movie like this. It has great humor in it.

I,ZOMBIE 11-03-2004 06:50 PM

i neglected to mention...

Quote:

Originally posted by urgeok
re the dead hate the living ...
I didnt like it .. a couple of the creeps looked ok but it ruins it when the extreme baddie is just a coherent rock star lookalike ..
I like my zombies to be mindless eating machines :) - more fun that way :)

i like my zombies mindless brain eaters and the dead hate the living is just about my least favorite zombie movie, but its so corny you have to drink a case of beer to really enjoy it. i've been sober for 3 months and i can't watch it... ever again, it jusst succks too much. there are some bonus music videos on the dvd that don't entirely suck as much as the movie. yeah the baddie was a rob zombie ripoff if you ask me.

filmmaker2 11-04-2004 07:05 AM

Hey wow! I actually started a thread that people LIKE!

I applaud ALL OF YOU responders for having the great taste in scary movies that you have. You may not like "CSPWDT," but if you've even SEEN it, I think there's hope for you. For those horror.com people that haven't seen it and are feeling a little lost, I think it's a step in the right direction.

Many have called "CSPWDT" a bad film, and maybe it is, technically. It doesn't make a hell of a lot of sense. But if a movie is entertaining and a person likes watching it, then how "bad" is it, really?

I saw this in 1975, I believe, at 11:30 at night. I was a pretty small kid at that time, and it scared the bejeepers out of me.

For serious fans of Alan Ormsby, here's a picture of the cover of his book (from 1975), "Movie Monsters." Enjoy!

MOO-HAH HAH!

urgeok 11-04-2004 07:16 AM

it looks like one of those old Scholastic books

allmykids 11-04-2004 01:41 PM

I've really got to rent this!!

FilthyCannibal 11-04-2004 07:36 PM

Be careful, it could be painful

urgeok 11-05-2004 05:45 AM

naw .. just dont expect much .. its kind of fun ..

filmmaker2 11-05-2004 09:24 AM

You know...

You know Urge, that's probably the best recommendation to make for a movie like this. "Don't expect too much, and you'll probably have a little fun."

Kinda like someone said of Stephen Sommers' Mummy movie: "Leave your brain at the door, and you'll have a good time." (Better advice I never got!)

CSPWDT, to be totally honest, has long stretches of nothing but people speaking weird insulting dialogue to each other. But it has a good number of moments of uncanny horror, and it builds up to a seriously freaky ending. Like anything that was made DECADES ago, too, it has to be judged within the context of its time, to some extent.

urgeok 11-05-2004 10:11 AM

Re: You know...

[QUOTE]Originally posted by filmmaker2
[B]You know Urge, that's probably the best recommendation to make for a movie like this. "Don't expect too much, and you'll probably have a little fun."

Kinda like someone said of Stephen Sommers' Mummy movie: "Leave your brain at the door, and you'll have a good time." (Better advice I never got!)

I can put that to a film like 'Children....' because as you say .. the place..the budget.. and the time..
But on all thats holy - i couldnt put my brain on hold long enough to enjoy a recent sommers film and still expect to live a full life !
I think casting and writing are his weaknesses .. he shoots his wad on the FX and thinks everything else will fall in place if he follows the formula ...

that being said I enjoyed Deep Rising .. but nothing since ..