Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Books & Fiction Writing (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Alright I'll Admit It, Clive Barker Owns (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3472)

Arioch 01-23-2004 12:18 PM

Alright I'll Admit It, Clive Barker Owns

After not liking much of his movies (hellraiser series, lord of illusions, etc) but needing a new horror writer to read. I picked up the books of blood (volumes 1-3) and must say, now that im almost done with the first volume. He really does own. I really enjoy his writing style and the poetic flow of his literacy. He genuinly disturbed me a few times. Great recommendation guys thx.

bloodrayne 01-23-2004 12:46 PM

Re: Alright I'll Admit It, Clive Barker Owns

Quote:

Originally posted by Arioch
After not liking much of his movies (hellraiser series, lord of illusions, etc) but needing a new horror writer to read. I picked up the books of blood (volumes 1-3) and must say, now that im almost done with the first volume. He really does own. I really enjoy his writing style and the poetic flow of his literacy. He genuinly disturbed me a few times. Great recommendation guys thx.

I knew you'd love "Books of Blood"...;) I'm really glad you decided to give Barker a chance...For the record...I personally didn't care for "Sacrament"...Too far afield for me...Just my opinion...:)

avenger00soul 01-23-2004 01:13 PM

Good to hear Arioch.

heapodd 01-26-2004 09:24 AM

I'm convinced and will be making a trip to my local bookshop in the next few days. For the novice to C.B., what do you suggest I start with - 'The Books of Blood' or something else? A few suggestions greatly appreciated.

Cheers

avenger00soul 01-26-2004 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by heapodd
I'm convinced and will be making a trip to my local bookshop in the next few days. For the novice to C.B., what do you suggest I start with - 'The Books of Blood' or something else? A few suggestions greatly appreciated.

Cheers

I'd start off with The Books of Blood, The Inhuman Condition, Cabal, or The Hellbound Heart.

bloodrayne 02-03-2004 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by avenger00soul
I'd start off with The Books of Blood, The Inhuman Condition, Cabal, or The Hellbound Heart.
Damn...Took the words right out of my head...again:)

sleepaway 02-04-2004 03:03 AM

My whole family were obsessed with Cabal when it was first published! And I really liked Coldheart Canyon but I don't think many others did.

dabruce16 02-08-2004 09:10 PM

the thief of always is one of teh best books i have ever read. give that one a shot, it might not be as gruesome as most of his stuff, but regardless it is a great read.

Egekrusher 02-10-2004 09:13 AM

My all time favorite book is Imajica. Everyone should read this book.

horrorfellow 03-10-2004 11:56 AM

Books of Blood natch, but as I recall The Great and Secret Show was a wild trip!