Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Horror.com General Forum (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What's a good horror movie to watch with a girl? (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64871)

Sculpt 12-10-2014 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sam689 (Post 983488)
Here are some suggestions!

-The Conjuring (personally, the scariest movie I've ever seen)

-Sinister (though the jump scares are few, it's a genuinely terrifying and disturbing movie)

-1408 (not too scary, but a lot of fun)

-Se7en (a slow-burner movie that isn't necessarily horror, but I thought it was terrifying, and is unbelievably disturbing)

-The Orphanage (if you guys don't mind subtitles, this is one of the best ghost stories ever and has some incredibly scary parts)

-Tucker and Dale vs. Evil (this is if you want a really good horror comedy. Not scary, of course, it plays excellently on typical horror movie formulas, is stupid and hilarious, but also I actually thought it was good, too!)
video production dubai
Hope i helped
Sam harison

Say, Sam, why do you think Se7en is a good movie to watch with a chic?

I took a beauty to see Silence of the Lambs, and it was a turnoff.

vampyd1977 12-12-2014 11:43 AM

a darker reality...what girl doesnt like kidnap, torture,sexual abuse and death :) lol.

Sculpt 12-12-2014 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vampyd1977 (Post 983671)
a darker reality...what girl doesnt like kidnap, torture,sexual abuse and death :) lol.

I know one. ::big grin::

I think the only date horror-movies existed before 1960.

vampyd1977 12-12-2014 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sculpt (Post 983673)
I know one. ::big grin::

I think the only date horror-movies existed before 1960.

being from the uk we dont have the drive thru culture but in the us once upon a time all date movies were horror/thrillers, that was the drive thru appeal, scare her so she cuddles up then boom, second base city.

MichaelMyers 12-12-2014 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vampyd1977 (Post 983674)
being from the uk we dont have the drive thru culture but in the us once upon a time all date movies were horror/thrillers, that was the drive thru appeal, scare her so she cuddles up then boom, second base city.

Well framed. What sends a jolt through the modern female?

Sculpt 12-12-2014 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vampyd1977 (Post 983674)

I know Americans want things fast, but a drive thru movie is a little too fast. ::stick out tongue:: We call them drive-in movies: parking lot in front of a theatre screen.

True, she's "scared", so she cuddles close. There's "scared", and then there's mortified...

It's really more the chic pretends to be scared as an excuse to cuddle. Films were made for drive-in shows, like "The Giant Gila Monster" (1959). It wasn't scary, it was just "cuddle scary".

You take a lady to "The Hills Have Eyes", and the scene is graphically displaying a live human skull getting crushed, you're more likely to get a lap full of vomit than a kiss. You know what I mean?
Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelMyers (Post 983675)
Well framed. What sends a jolt through the modern female?

Gas prices

vampyd1977 12-12-2014 02:00 PM

sorry was a case of my fingers typing before my brain engaged lol.

i think you want a movie with atmosphere and tension, not gore n beheadings....
the birds is a fine example, and while a little gory in places the fog, which keeps you teetering on the edge of your seat till the end, what lies beneath while not a horror relies on tension and suspense so would be another good candidate.