Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indie Horror Movies and Short Films (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Uncle Daddy Teaser Trailer (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31654)

Jon_Nation_Films 10-28-2007 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X (Post 641075)
dude, seriously. change the name from "Uncle Daddy" to... well anything

honestly the name fits and The Asylum wants to put it out on dvd in blockbusters when we're finished just havent made any agreements yet. btw we're starting over made some slight casting changes and a wardrobe change for uncle daddy added a bit more of a backstory to make loose ends tie, this is gonna be sent in for the jan. film festival in LA , shortly after were done with this were gonna set up some meetings with some local investors and some other well known investors about sponsering the rest of our upcoming features

we really wanted everyones harsh critisism what needs to be fixed what would make it better and so on ,but if youre looking to get a name change it wont happen other then that were always open for creative critisism, obviously since its low budget we dont have the means to have all the equip we need to make it studio sound stage quality ,but i think the quality of the script stands out personally and i didnt even write it the director did.

again ,just here to get opinions good and bad ,its cool if youre not feeling the concepts or titles and what not we understand not everyone will like certain things , just wanna give the majority of b horror movie fans what they wanna see.

X¤MurderDoll¤X 10-28-2007 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon_Nation_Films (Post 642381)
honestly the name fits and The Asylum wants to put it out on dvd in blockbusters when we're finished just havent made any agreements yet. btw we're starting over made some slight casting changes and a wardrobe change for uncle daddy added a bit more of a backstory to make loose ends tie, this is gonna be sent in for the jan. film festival in LA , shortly after were done with this were gonna set up some meetings with some local investors and some other well known investors about sponsering the rest of our upcoming features

we really wanted everyones harsh critisism what needs to be fixed what would make it better and so on ,but if youre looking to get a name change it wont happen other then that were always open for creative critisism, obviously since its low budget we dont have the means to have all the equip we need to make it studio sound stage quality ,but i think the quality of the script stands out personally and i didnt even write it the director did.

again ,just here to get opinions good and bad ,its cool if youre not feeling the concepts or titles and what not we understand not everyone will like certain things , just wanna give the majority of b horror movie fans what they wanna see.

I guess the time for a name change really has passed, I mean you're already counting your chickens.

If I ever see "Uncle Daddy" anywhere, I'm buying it though. Just because of the dumb name.

GorePhobia 10-29-2007 07:55 AM

When I see it I will point at it and say, "Hey guys this is a movie from a guy who randomly came to HDC to tell us about it. What a stupid name." and then walk away.

Angra 11-03-2007 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X (Post 642382)
I guess the time for a name change really has passed, I mean you're already counting your chickens.

If I ever see "Uncle Daddy" anywhere, I'm buying it though. Just because of the dumb name.

Oh Dolly, you're such a star fucker.. :rolleyes:

X¤MurderDoll¤X 11-03-2007 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angra (Post 644248)
Oh Dolly, you're such a star fucker.. :rolleyes:

I don't think you quite understand my meaning, smiley nerd. ;)

FilmFan67 11-04-2007 05:00 AM

Wow, this is a tough crowd. Do any of you guys have your indie trailers posted for us to view? I'd be interested in seeing some....

No trailers? Oh, so you guys really have the clout to knock around JNF's indie flick. If he's serious that this thing will be released at blockbuster I'd be interested in seeing it. I'd rent it. We only saw a trailer. Sure it's kind of a weird name, but maybe it will fit once we see the whole movie.

One thing is for sure, the name is DIFFERENT. And just fucked up enough for a fucked up indie horror film.

This is one reason I don't paricularly care to frequent forum communities. Typically you get a bunch of people knocking someone else's stuff just for a laugh. Get on with it and make your own movies then. Where are they? If you've got something better to show let's see it.

Phalanx 11-04-2007 05:21 AM

Quote:

This is one reason I don't paricularly care to frequent forum communities. Typically you get a bunch of people knocking someone else's stuff just for a laugh. Get on with it and make your own movies then. Where are they? If you've got something better to show let's see it.
If it's got a stupid name, it's got a stupid name. It's like calling some movie Mister Butter Sprinkles...and I say this without reading the premise at all, because the name is all I'm commenting on.
However, if the first of a film someone sees IS in fact the name, and they find it to be stupid, well, I'm sure you know how initial perception can effect someones likelihood of watching a movie.
Hey, they've got someone here to say they'll buy it just because of the stupid name, isn't that enough?
People can either shun all criticism and be dogmatic, self absorbed fuckwits like say Uwe Boll, or they can use it constructively to better themselves, or in this case, better the public perception of a film...?
We offer learning tools here, see? You can either throw them like a baby, or pick them up and use them to build something.

FilmFan67 11-04-2007 05:24 AM

These guys aren't trying to help JNF improve, they're just knocking for the sake of knocking it.

Phalanx 11-04-2007 05:32 AM

That's your perception...maybe YOU'RE not helping by coddling him?
Not saying that's my personal take, just something I thought I'd throw out there.
Not everyone sees things the same as yourself...

Despare 11-04-2007 06:12 AM

FilmFan...

This person isn't trying to sell movies to only filmmakers, he's trying to get horror fans to buy into it. While I'm sure a lot of people on here do have projects related to the genre... that doesn't matter. You can't say that Ebert's opinion is invalid just because Beyond the Valley of the Dolls sucked (if you felt it did). The point is that this movie hype is spam. This person and seemingly you came to this board not to join in the discussions and tournys and all-around fun and THEN casually mention your projects but merely came here to try and hype your wares. The movie looks like shit and your pathetic attempt at convincing us that you're not involved with the movie is shit. Hell, I probably would have netflixed this one just for laughs but this forceful promotion leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.