Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Foreign Horror Movies (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   J-Horror SUCKS as compared to american horror (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30617)

MichaelMyers63 07-14-2007 12:57 PM

J-Horror SUCKS as compared to american horror

FUCK J-HORROR. and I don't care who disagrees. I've seen about 7 and they ALL sucked.period. I just had to get that off my chest.

Doc Faustus 07-14-2007 01:38 PM

The problem as I see it is that the US isn't all that discriminating about what it imports. We get just as much crap as we get good stuff from Japan, and unfortunately a lot of J horror just sells because it's J horror. But anybody who's seen Tetsuo, Ju-on, Honda's original Gojira or Odishon can't deny the merit. Finding really good J horror is as hard as finding really good contemporary horror.

Angra 07-14-2007 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doc Faustus (Post 615524)
The problem as I see it is that the US isn't all that discriminating about what it imports. We get just as much crap as we get good stuff from Japan, and unfortunately a lot of J horror just sells because it's J horror. But anybody who's seen Tetsuo, Ju-on, Honda's original Gojira or Odishon can't deny the merit. Finding really good J horror is as hard as finding really good contemporary horror.

Amen

novakru 07-14-2007 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angra (Post 615529)
Amen

Damn, I was going to say that

Well, um... DITTO

seeingred 07-14-2007 09:46 PM

i totally agree...all their movies are like the freakin same and they say we're stupid? make some better j horror movies and then come talk to us geez

Angra 07-15-2007 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seeingred (Post 615596)
i totally agree...all their movies are like the freakin same and they say we're stupid? make some better j horror movies and then come talk to us geez

Grow up. Then get back to US.

Now be gone, peasant.

urantivirus 07-21-2007 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seeingred (Post 615596)

All the j horror movies are all the same. I don't know if the american producers like a certain flavor of j horror. there4 thats what we get to see. but the american versions at least, are all the same. Same bad guys, and similar plots. They're all very predictable. I can think of at least a dozen or so bad guys for a movie that don't involve a little undead asian boy, or an undead women with messy long black hair. And I wouldn't make'm all walk on all fours all crazy and upside down. Well at least not everytime. Though, I did think it looked cool the first time I saw it.

Despare 07-21-2007 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by urantivirus (Post 616742)
All the j horror movies are all the same.

Wow, I wonder why only some of us have access to the ghost stories, vampire flicks (both hopping and non), serial killer stories, and many other genres that exist within the "j horror" catagory. The mind boggles.

Quote:

the american versions at least, are all the same.

Wait... are you judging J horror based on what's been remade????

Roderick Usher 07-22-2007 11:50 AM

Quote:

All the j horror movies are all the same.

Wow, I didn't realize Battle Royale was the same as Audition and that was the same as Versus and that was the same as Wild Zero and that was the same as Ringu which, of course was the EXACT same thing as Death Note

Very enlightening

sarah p 07-23-2007 10:54 AM

Some the the films can be a bit repetitive but boring, I dont think so. If thery were rubbish american film studios wouldnt want to remake them eg the ring (shit compared to the japenese original) and Ju-on