Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Upcoming Horror Movies (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   HALLOWEEN ?Returns? 2018 (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68495)

cheebacheeba 04-09-2018 02:51 AM

HALLOWEEN ?Returns? 2018

So...are we looking forward to this?

Unlike a lot of people...I actually found most of the numbered Myers-related sequels past 2 pretty bland, in fact I barely got through them.
I found H20 refreshing (too easy).

I really REALLY loathed Resurrection, not only for how it pissed all over Laurie but the whole concept...reality tv? Busta Rhymes? Horrible cast, pacing, no atmosphere...in my mind gave Jason X a run for it's money.

So slate is wiped clean after the original film, and this much time has passed?
Carpenter states the way he's aiming is that it'll be the scariest installment, so that'll be a thing to see assuming he can pull it off.

I kind of like the idea here...time will tell if this will be considered by the fandom to be the "true" timeline contender, or not.

Apparently he'll have a "new" mask. What's the deal there?
I guess they'll have to get Shatner in again eh? Ha, current Shatner face.

So, who's going to see it?

Thoughts?

Bloof 04-09-2018 03:50 AM

Lol, current Shatner face. Yep, l plan to see it. Ive only ever seen the first 2 Halloween's.

Edit: also watched H20.

fudgetusk 04-09-2018 05:16 AM

What more is there to say about a guy in a mask killing folk? Maybe he should just open a book shop or something.

knife_fight 04-09-2018 03:33 PM

I will definitely see it, even if it's just to satisfy my own curiosity. I'll probably even go to the theater to see it, which I never do. Halloween is probably my favorite horror film ever, so I can't help myself, even though I've probably only watched the later installments once each. It's probably the only franchise that I have that sort of dedication to. I realized a long time ago that studios were exploiting fans with subpar sequels, reboots, etc. and I refuse to be a part of it.
That said, it took me years to watch the Zombie remakes because I refused to pay money to see them. I'm glad I saw them because they confirmed my opinion that they were bad.

DeadbeatAtDawn 06-08-2018 01:40 PM

Can't believe no one posted the Halloween 2018 trailer...::shocked:: It's been out since 10 am.

HOLY FUCK! ::love::

Sculpt 06-08-2018 06:52 PM

I'm intrigued.

Angra 06-08-2018 07:17 PM

How is Laurie still alive, I don’t get it?

The Villain 06-09-2018 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angra (Post 1031522)
How is Laurie still alive, I don’t get it?

This movie ignores all the sequels and only connects with the first one

Angra 06-09-2018 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Villain (Post 1031526)
This movie ignores all the sequels and only connects with the first one

Or maybe Carpenter just pulls an Alien 4 out his ass.

Either way I’m not eager to see this one.

Sculpt 06-09-2018 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angra (Post 1031527)
Or maybe Carpenter just pulls an Alien 4 out his ass.

Either way I’m not eager to see this one.

Carpenter is only the exec producer. He approved the story, was a creative consultant, and may have had collective input in any rewrites. He doesn't direct. However, everything I read indicates he scored the film. Halloween was his best scoring, so I'll be very interested to hear what he does.

It's written by David Gordon Green, Jeff Fradley, and Danny McBride (star of Eastbound & Down). Should have some humor.

It's directed by "David Gordon Green: George Washington (2000), All the Real Girls (2003), and Snow Angels (2007), as well as the thriller Undertow (2004), all of which he wrote or co-wrote. In 2008, he transitioned into comedy, directing the films Pineapple Express (2008), Your Highness and The Sitter (both 2011). In 2013, he returned to his more dramatic roots with the independent films Prince Avalanche and Joe. Since then, he has directed the films Manglehorn (2014), Our Brand Is Crisis (2015), Stronger (2017)."