Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Classic Horror Movies (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   confession (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11825)

g star 11-19-2004 08:43 PM

confession

i tried to watch the original dawn of the dead the other night and i was totally bored. i made it through maybe 45 minutes before i shut it off. i realize it's a classic and every true horror fan loves it so.... what's wrong with me? does it get better as it goes along? does it take repeated viewings to truely appreciate it? i love all horror movies, i really do, from the great to the absurd. but DOTD, which some consider the best of all time, i just couldn't get into. am i nuts? advice please.

jaded horror fan.

newb 11-19-2004 09:15 PM

You may or may not be "nuts", I don't know you personally....have you ever tried to eat bugs....or kill a family member?

As far as the movie goes.....to be honest, I just watched this one myself a couple of weeks ago and it is a little dated. Still a great movie and if you never saw it, you should give it a chance. The problem is with the younger crowd, you have been CGIed to death with the current crop of "horror movies" so you may not appreciate the simpler good old fashioned effects.

Although the remake is also quite good and it doesn't look like they used too much CGI.

bwind22 11-20-2004 12:47 PM

Re: confession

Quote:

Originally posted by g star
i tried to watch the original dawn of the dead the other night and i was totally bored. am i nuts?
Yeah.

MichaelMyers 11-20-2004 01:48 PM

What's not to like?

The_Return 11-20-2004 05:07 PM

It really picks up once the Raiders get there....but Itz awesome anyway!

feral cat 11-20-2004 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by The_Return
It really picks up once the Raiders get there....but Itz awesome anyway!
... it really picks up the second it starts, because this is the greatest movie in the Zombie sub genre!!!!

10/10 ... the best in the sub genre!!!!!

ichi the killer 11-21-2004 10:08 AM

Re: confession

Quote:

Originally posted by g star
i tried to watch the original dawn of the dead the other night and i was totally bored. i made it through maybe 45 minutes before i shut it off. i realize it's a classic and every true horror fan loves it so.... what's wrong with me? does it get better as it goes along? does it take repeated viewings to truely appreciate it? i love all horror movies, i really do, from the great to the absurd. but DOTD, which some consider the best of all time, i just couldn't get into. am i nuts? advice please.

jaded horror fan.

You should just stick to the classics like, Resident Evil 1 & 2, also check out House of the living dead thats what all zombie films should be like.

yourlastmistake 11-21-2004 10:11 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by newb
[B] The problem is with the younger crowd, you have been CGIed to death with the current crop of "horror movies" so you may not appreciate the simpler good old fashioned effects.

Exactly, you have to take in consideration when the movie was made. It's probably more appreciated by older horror fans, like myself.

Preacher 11-22-2004 03:19 AM

Re: Re: confession

Quote:

Originally posted by ichi the killer
You should just stick to the classics like, Resident Evil 1 & 2
Piss take or what???

Ash

urgeok 11-22-2004 05:02 AM

Re: Re: confession

Quote:

Originally posted by ichi the killer
You should just stick to the classics like, Resident Evil 1 & 2, also check out House of the living dead thats what all zombie films should be like.

please tell me that that was a joke ?